Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LUSTY MONTH OF MARCH  (Read 16029 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: THE LUSTY MONTH OF MARCH
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2012, 08:26:09 AM »

TCB and JR, you might want to check out this month's issue of SMITHSONIAN.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2012, 08:26:19 AM »

Flashback to the Oscars and the incomplete (and highly edited) "In Memoriam" segment.

Every year, Oscar pays final respects to departed actors/actresses/technicians, etc., and EVERY year they leave someone out.   Granted, some folks may seem "minor" to those decision-makers hard-pressed to schedule an event that should last one hour into a three-hour slot, but their failures do not go unnoticed.  Click below to see who was....

LEFT OUT

A few of the omissions are shocking to me.
Tura Satana alone makes that whole thing ludicrous. "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" is at the top of my all-time fave list, and she's the kitten with the sharpest claws.

OK, I'm also surprised at Harry Morgan, Michael Sarazin and quite a few others, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2012, 08:33:27 AM »

I am so happy for you DR Danise! Can't wait to watch the full episode.

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2012, 08:38:35 AM »

ANDERSON SPOILERS

Warning for all DRs watching DR Danise's segment. Get your tissues ready! At the bottom of the clip it says that they gave a washer/dryer and $10K. But it did not say that they were going to also try to fix the mess. That is so fantastic. I really had tears rolling down my cheek. Such wonderful news.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2012, 08:41:14 AM »

DANISE

WONDERFUL.....Wonderful

So Happy For You

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2012, 08:48:07 AM »

I haven't watched yet and I don't know if this is the entire Danise segment (it's listed as 4minutes) but I found this on the AC Show Web site

Danise's Surprise

That is so nice.
You can dream…or you can do.

Danise

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2012, 08:49:05 AM »

Once again, Thank you all.  I didn't mean to make anyone cry but I was really crying on set when it happened.  I never expected it.  It's so hard to believe that was just about 24 hours ago.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2012, 08:54:35 AM »

Danise, vis a vis crying (and this is only partially a joke):  remember you'll have to pay taxes on all of these gifts.  Set a little bit aside for that.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2012, 09:13:19 AM »

Well, folks, my mother has all but admitted that she's no longer to go to the grocery on the retirement community bus, so Richard and I are off to take her shopping this afternoon.  Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2012, 09:13:40 AM »

Lovely to wake up to Danise's happiness.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2012, 09:13:50 AM »

And yes, I'm up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2012, 09:17:42 AM »

They did leave out a shocking number of people in the In Memorium and I actually don't think I knew about Tura - maybe I did, but I can't remember.  Here is Miss Satana and I at one of the Ray Courts Hollywood Celebrity shows, in the days when it was fun.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2012, 09:17:58 AM »

Well, folks, my mother has all but admitted that she's no longer to go to the grocery on the retirement community bus, so Richard and I are off to take her shopping this afternoon.  Bye for now!

Has she been banned from the bus??
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2012, 09:18:52 AM »

Flashback to the Oscars and the incomplete (and highly edited) "In Memoriam" segment.

Every year, Oscar pays final respects to departed actors/actresses/technicians, etc., and EVERY year they leave someone out.   Granted, some folks may seem "minor" to those decision-makers hard-pressed to schedule an event that should last one hour into a three-hour slot, but their failures do not go unnoticed.  Click below to see who was....

LEFT OUT

A few of the omissions are shocking to me.
Tura Satana alone makes that whole thing ludicrous. "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" is at the top of my all-time fave list, and she's the kitten with the sharpest claws.

OK, I'm also surprised at Harry Morgan, Michael Sarazin and quite a few others, too.

Dana Wynter, Nicol Williamson...and Oscar nominee Diane Cilento (1963 - "Tom Jones).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:05:03 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2012, 09:20:37 AM »

Wonderful things DO happen, Danise, and I'm glad they happened to you this time.

I hoped they'd put things right...and hopefully Angie's List will do just that for you!

I can't wait to see what they are going to do room wise for the washer and drier.  There is no way those would fit in the house the way it is now.  Did you see how big they were?

They are huge!  Will they actually ship those to you or do they deliver to your house from a local dealer?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2012, 09:20:42 AM »

I just realized I have a theatre date on March 8 at NYU. I guess my trip to Baltimore will definitely have to happen on the 7th. I need to call them today and set that up.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2012, 09:22:04 AM »

ANDERSON SPOILERS

Warning for all DRs watching DR Danise's segment. Get your tissues ready! At the bottom of the clip it says that they gave a washer/dryer and $10K. But it did not say that they were going to also try to fix the mess. That is so fantastic. I really had tears rolling down my cheek. Such wonderful news.

I had tears and a client waiting.   I had to compose myself and tell the client I just saw a friend on tv.

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2012, 09:23:59 AM »

Danise, vis a vis crying (and this is only partially a joke):  remember you'll have to pay taxes on all of these gifts.  Set a little bit aside for that.

I was wondering if they told you about the taxes.  If you have someone do your taxes for you, I'd talk to them to see what you should set aside for next year. Maybe you have enough withheld that it will even out, but it's worth checking on while you have money in hand.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2012, 09:29:19 AM »

I was wondering if they told you about the taxes.  If you have someone do your taxes for you, I'd talk to them to see what you should set aside for next year. Maybe you have enough withheld that it will even out, but it's worth checking on while you have money in hand.

It's probably best to pay them as soon as possible...just to keep ahead of the game.

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2012, 09:29:20 AM »

Found this on Anderson's website

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2012, 09:47:25 AM »

DR Laura.....time for you to "like" Anderson Cooper :)

John G.

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2012, 09:56:34 AM »

What a great photo, BK. I have a framed copy of the "Faster" poster as well as three or four T-shirts with various logos of the movie.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2012, 09:57:27 AM »

So, Andrew Breitbart's father-in-law was Orson Bean, who's talking to the press about Andrew's death. And all I keep hearing is him singing, "I can't wait to see you with your clothes on" from "Subways Are for Sleeping."
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2012, 09:58:23 AM »

Why is it that every time I see ths new Liquid Plumber Double Impact commercial I think of DR MBarnum?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2012, 10:03:06 AM »

Is DR DANISE'S story in the first half hour of the show or the second half hour?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2012, 10:03:43 AM »

Congrats to DR Danise!!!   Yes, tissue is required!

Ben

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2012, 10:04:31 AM »

Why is it that every time I see ths new Liquid Plumber Double Impact commercial I think of DR MBarnum?

One Million Moms (the same group that thinks Ellen DeGeneres is helping to destroy American values) are against the commercial so it can't be all bad. I do admit that it is quite over the top for broadcast television but since OMM has begun a campaign against it, I'm all for it!!! Apparently this is the full commercial. The one being broadcast is only 30 seconds and heavily edited.

Plumr

MBarnum

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2012, 10:04:47 AM »

Do I need to stop skipping commercials?

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2012, 10:05:23 AM »

I will watch DR Danise's segment later today, but I am thrilled for you!!

Ben

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2012, 10:06:22 AM »

Barnum, if you're home, click the link in my post above and you'll see the full 1 minute commercial.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up