Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ISHKABIBBLE  (Read 13523 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: ISHKABIBBLE
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 07:34:06 AM »

My sister and her husband lived in Wasilla for probably 30 years.  Sarah's father was my niece's fourth grade teacher.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 07:34:38 AM »

I just saw someone in our office kitchen make a bowl of oatmeal in the microwave and then throw a handful of miniature marshmallows into it. 
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 07:50:19 AM »

For some reason, Ish Kabibble was often referred to in Bea Arthur's punch lines in MAUDE.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:55:19 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 08:13:35 AM »

For some reason, Ish Kabibble was often referred to in Bea Arthur's punch lines in MAUDE.

Even stranger, Bea Arthur was a frequent punchline for Ish Kabibble.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 08:27:07 AM »

Good Morning.  I gots nuffin'

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 08:34:50 AM »

I'm up because the telephonic device rang - once.  No one there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 08:35:15 AM »

I guess I'll check on Peter's column.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 08:36:25 AM »

Column is certainly up.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2012, 09:09:38 AM »

Do you think I could get a reality show?  LOL!  Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Maybe a show where you are a part of the Angie's List team and you help out scam victims.

Yes, she could form a team....Danise's Devil Dogs....or D.I.: Danise's Investigations....and be part of Angie'sList or do segments for various talk shows...Ellen, more Anderson, etc.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Doug R

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2012, 09:25:26 AM »

TOD:

CD - BEN-HUR Wonderful new FSM 5 disc set. The definitive BEN-HUR collection.

DVD - THE TELL-TALE HEART (1961) I saw this when it was first released. At that time I was disappointed because I was expecting an Edgar Allan Poe horror film on the same production lines as the Roger Corman films, not a low budget British black and white film. I can appreciate it far more now because it is less a horror film than a character study of a librarian (Laurence Payne) who lacks social skills and becomes romantically involved with his new neighbour (Adrienne Corrie) only to lose her to his far more worldly and confident best friend (Dermot Walsh). Probably the best film which the Danziger brothers produced.   
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:27:35 AM by Doug R »

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 09:25:44 AM »

Column is certainly up.
Thanks.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2012, 09:37:26 AM »

Just came across a recipe that could possibly be worse than haggis. It's for vegetarian haggis.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegetarian-Haggis/Detail.aspx?prop31=10
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »

Friday afternoon greetings!  I've been at the book sale site since 10am, delivering 5 boxes and a bag of books and sorting and pricing mysteries (Grisham, anyone?).  There's a great quantity and selection of used books that we'll be selling March 15-18.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2012, 09:41:47 AM »

Maybe a show where you are a part of the Angie's List team and you help out scam victims.

:)

Jane

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2012, 09:43:51 AM »

Just came across a recipe that could possibly be worse than haggis. It's for vegetarian haggis.

Except for the hazelnuts this has got to be better than the original, which I have never tasted.

John G.

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 10:02:26 AM »

Except for the hazelnuts this has got to be better than the original, which I have never tasted.
I forgot your hazelnut aversion. It's the kidney beans, or more specifically, the spackle texture of kidney beans, that really makes this horrifying to me.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 10:14:06 AM »

― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 10:14:29 AM »

I forgot your hazelnut aversion. It's the kidney beans, or more specifically, the spackle texture of kidney beans, that really makes this horrifying to me.

LOL "aversion!"   I simply don't want to end up at the hospital, or worst.

Maybe the texture of kidney beans duplicate the texture of the original recipe. ;)

Jane

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 10:16:18 AM »

How not to impress a prospective employer:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/03/man-shows-up-for-job-interview-naked-high-on-meth.html

Considering the condition he was in I'm amazed he was capable of showing up for the interview.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 11:02:45 AM »

George, thanks for the great LSOH trivia.  I'll be incorporating it in my LSOH review which will probably be up this weekend.

Cool!  When you post it, I'll forward it to Pug (who, of course, told me about it). :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 11:03:00 AM »

Morning all!  I feel SO much better.  I needed that good nights sleep in my own bed.  Toby just hugged me all though the night--he had to have his head on my chest.  I tried to move him a couple times but he moved right back.  He may be Toby the Terrible but he IS a sweet little boy.   

DR George, did I read that you made a DVD of the show?  Could I beg a copy?  I didn't get one and would really like to have it.  Many thanks!

Danise, I would be more than happy to send you a copy!  I'm surprised that the show didn't give you a copy...I just assumed that they would.

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2012, 11:16:38 AM »

There are severe storms, with threats of hail and tornadoes, predicted here for this afternoon and evening...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2012, 11:32:36 AM »

TOD:

Assuming the arrive:

LAW & ORDER, Season 10
WEEDS, Season 7

They arrived.

:)

You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2012, 11:59:10 AM »

There are severe storms, with threats of hail and tornadoes, predicted here for this afternoon and evening...
Calm weather vibes.
― Voltaire

Doug R

« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2012, 12:03:24 PM »

The new 4 part mini series TITANIC made in Britain by ITV and filmed in Budapest airs this month in the UK. It's also due to be shown on ABC. Apparently each episode tells the story through a different viewpoint - so we see the ship hitting the iceburg and sinking four times.    

Danise

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2012, 12:03:39 PM »

Yes, she could form a team....Danise's Devil Dogs....or D.I.: Danise's Investigations....and be part of Angie'sList or do segments for various talk shows...Ellen, more Anderson, etc.
  That would work for me!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2012, 12:04:18 PM »

Be safe vibes to DR Ginny and all in the path of those storms!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2012, 12:12:37 PM »

Morning all!  I feel SO much better.  I needed that good nights sleep in my own bed.  Toby just hugged me all though the night--he had to have his head on my chest.  I tried to move him a couple times but he moved right back.  He may be Toby the Terrible but he IS a sweet little boy.   

DR George, did I read that you made a DVD of the show?  Could I beg a copy?  I didn't get one and would really like to have it.  Many thanks!

Danise, I would be more than happy to send you a copy!  I'm surprised that the show didn't give you a copy...I just assumed that they would.
  Thank you!  No they didn't and I had to give the shirt they chose back too.  I went out for a little while today hoping to find that blouse but alas I did not.

I found something interesting--It's called 5 Star Urgent Response and it's like a panic button carry with you.  It has GPS so they can locate you quickly and works like a pay as you go phone.  Only $15.00 a month.  I've been thinking about doing something--not only because of Turner but I think you all remember when I fell/passed out/what ever happened  last year.  It would be nice to just press a button and get help.

The great thing about this is that you take it with you so you can use it anywhere.  Like if your car breaks down or you need to walk to your car in a dark area.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2012, 12:47:19 PM »

The March 7 trip to Baltimore is booked and paid for, and the Historical Society has confirmed my request for materials.  Very good.

I think I need a nap now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up