Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PERFECTLY PLEASANT DAY  (Read 12842 times)

Ginny

Re: THE PERFECTLY PLEASANT DAY
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 08:03:05 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Yesterday's storms brought winter back to the Miami Valley.  It's sunny here today, but cold and windy.  Richard's thinking of taking a walk outside, but I'm going to opt for the basement.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 08:03:29 AM »

I must say it's very nice to have DR Danise back here!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 08:05:35 AM »

And what a relief to see DR JRand posting this morning!  The Cincinnati Enquirer has several pages of photos of the damage in southern Indiana and northern Kentucky - frightening.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 08:12:01 AM »

And what a relief to see DR JRand posting this morning!  The Cincinnati Enquirer has several pages of photos of the damage in southern Indiana and northern Kentucky - frightening.

Ditto, DR Ginny.  DR JRand, we are glad you are safe

I'm off to Grease rehearsal this morning. 

The DP and I are planning a trip to Germany in August.  We only have a week.  Is there anything we shouldn't miss?  (besides the original production of Starlight Express)

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 09:03:32 AM »

This amazing (to me) photograph showed up on a Facebook group.  It shows the area, SW of the railroad tracks, that became the apartment/townhouse complex where my family lived when we first moved to Detroit in 1953.  The photo was taken in 1949.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 09:40:26 AM »

This photo of naturally formed sculptures by the lake was taken in Versoix, Switzerland.

Cillaliz

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2012, 09:47:33 AM »

JRand, good to see you are ok,  I thought the bad part was south of you, but you never know what came up for someone during the day, where people are or what they are doing at the moment a storm hits, so I' glad you checked in.

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2012, 09:50:15 AM »

I"m at the office waiting for a package to be delivered.  The mailman came and said that he didn't think I"d be open so he left it at the post office.  He's now going back to get it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2012, 09:54:40 AM »

DR George, I don't kow all the details on the dvds not being relased.   It was am AMC original series, so maybe that's the problem.  There are plenty of hard core fans still out there. I have no doubt they would sell

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2012, 10:02:39 AM »

YEAH!!! My package arrived.  I am very happy

Cillaliz

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 10:03:32 AM »

I almost makes up for the large check from a client's father that bounced and was returned today.  I thought it might.  Time to take steps to remedy that

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2012, 10:04:13 AM »

I re-did the book trailer for MATRICIDE. I think that this version makes the screenplay a bit more intriguing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6r-wI9t6Fg&list=UUQ6z6vyjJFsiqL33qbiSJSQ&index=1&feature=plcp
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2012, 10:07:27 AM »

Jennifer

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2012, 10:08:52 AM »

I am super excited. I am a big musical theatre fan. There used to be a lot of big musicals here. Then it stopped. Shrek the musical is coming here in two weeks. And they just put up a 2 for 1 ad in the paper today. My mom got tix for me, my mom,sister and niece to go. I guess tix were not selling well cause we got 8th row.  The thing is who wants to pay $80-100 for a little kid.

Jennifer

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2012, 10:11:23 AM »

Also Wicked is coming here in August. I have really wanted to see this. My sister got me a ticket for my birthday. And she is getting my mom a ticket for Mother's Day.

Jane

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2012, 10:11:32 AM »

I"m at the office waiting for a package to be delivered.  The mailman came and said that he didn't think I"d be open so he left it at the post office.  He's now going back to get it.

It is nice of him to go back & get the package, even if it is his job to do so.

Jane

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2012, 10:14:53 AM »

Also Wicked is coming here in August. I have really wanted to see this. My sister got me a ticket for my birthday. And she is getting my mom a ticket for Mother's Day.

That's great.  I'm excited you will get to see this show.  Are you going with your mother or at different times?

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2012, 10:25:54 AM »

Yes DR Jane we are going all together. She did not get a ticket for my niece since she is only six. She probably would have liked it. But for $100 a ticket it is so expensive.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2012, 11:32:56 AM »

Glad to hear JR is OK.  Please check on Frances when you get a chance.

I have WHERE LOVE HAS GONE in my review pile, will try to get to it this week.  Just did Olive's NIJINSKY, which was pretty turgid.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2012, 11:33:36 AM »

Have spent the last 24 hours involved in a ridiculous dispute with someone BK has sparred with.  Amazing how eager to argue some people are.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2012, 11:35:55 AM »

DR Ben - thanks for your comments about Studio 54.  We'll be in Row EE (first row of Mid-Mezzanine), aisle seats in the center section on May 22 for HARVEY.  We could have sat in the last row of the front mezzanine, but those seats would have cost $50/each more and I didn't think it was worth it.

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2012, 11:37:38 AM »

Wow!  The person who posted the earlier 1949 photo of our old neighborhood just posted one of the same site from 1961.  Lots of post-War development:

Ben

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2012, 11:38:25 AM »

Ginny, I think you have good seats. You'll be just far enough way to see everything.

Doug R

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2012, 11:39:57 AM »

I had the misfortune to watch HANNA. This is the most awful, stupid, senseless, annoyingly daft movie I have ever seen.

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2012, 11:40:01 AM »

Whew - thanks, DR Ben!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2012, 11:42:54 AM »

And a Very Happy Birthday to (former??) DR Adriana Patti!! ;D

Former is right - she won't be a Patti much longer :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2012, 11:44:09 AM »

I got up too early (too much cayenne in the sauce), but stayed in bed like so much fish and then got up at ten-thirty.  I really must jog right now.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2012, 12:02:45 PM »

Very happy that Jrand is OK

Ditto!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2012, 12:06:15 PM »

This photo of naturally formed sculptures by the lake was taken in Versoix, Switzerland.

That's amazing!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 12:06:36 PM »

Well, since we're so close...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up