Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHERMAN BROTHERS  (Read 15346 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE SHERMAN BROTHERS
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2012, 04:10:50 PM »

That wasn't the only anti-American experience we had in those alps, only the worst & involving a Japanese tourist. ;)

It is the area we saw many Bernese Mountain Dogs & fell in love with them.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2012, 04:10:53 PM »

DR Jane, why would you think Japanese to be bad tourists? They are always so nice and polite.

Because they ran me over too many times, and one aggressive "gentleman" pushed (tossed me a a foot away) me out of the way while I was waiting to be helped.  At the time I was the only person at the counter & he then stood in front of my purse & hat that had been in front of me on the counter.  If I knew how to swear in Japanese I would have.

"tossed me a a foot away"??  Tossed you a what a foot away?

My entire body sideways about 12 inches from where I began.

How rude! >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2012, 04:12:25 PM »

I still regret I didn't scream in mock pain.

George

« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2012, 04:14:31 PM »

An 81-year-old woman came forward today as the winner of the February 11 Powerball drawing of $336 million.  Damn, at her age, I wouldn't have wasted a month.

:o I wouldn't have either!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2012, 04:14:56 PM »

Back from the dentist.  Looks like we are done with all the "correctional" work.  Now to keep them maintained so there will won't be anymore in the future.  I like my dentist (new to me), so it will be easy to maintain.

Very good news Matthew, and good luck!!

MBarnum

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2012, 04:17:10 PM »

Well, it is a very un-Japanese way to act...now Korean, that I might believe.

PS: Submissive Japanese wives went out with the horse and buggy.

George

« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2012, 04:22:49 PM »

Submissive Japanese wives went out with the horse and buggy.

You know, that statement can be taken a variety of ways. ::)

;)

Jane

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2012, 04:26:33 PM »

They were an older couple & this was at least 18 years ago.  We lived in Michigan at the time & knew many Japanese people in the car industry & they were all extremely nice.  The tourists when we traveled were another story.  If we were touring a castle or some place where people tend to bunch up & suddenly we were getting pushed, sure enough when we turned around it was a group of Japanese tourist. 

On this last trip we took there were tourist from many counties, including Japan, and everyone was polite.  I didn't meet any rude pushy people. :)  Come to think of it, it was the same on our last trip. 

Jennifer

« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2012, 05:01:32 PM »

Thank goodness the water is out of my waterbed. It took 3 hours. I am about to drop right now. Good night!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2012, 05:07:02 PM »

Just learned that one of my favorite actresses passed away on Sunday.

Joan Taylor, star of EARTH VS THE FLYING SAUCERS, 20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH and TVs The Rifleman...plus lots of westerns...she was among my first "favorite actresses" when I was a little kid.

:'(

I am very sorry, MBarnum.  Did you ever get to meet her or interview her?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2012, 05:09:00 PM »

An 81-year-old woman came forward today as the winner of the February 11 Powerball drawing of $336 million.  Damn, at her age, I wouldn't have wasted a month.

It probably took her that long to remember she had a ticket and that she ought to check it.  I'm sure the news channels were making daily comments that the prize was "local" and that no one had claimed it.

No, she said she checked it, but then she hid it inside her Bible.  I believe she used the time to establish a corperation or a trust.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2012, 05:18:36 PM »

When I visited the Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, there was a large group of Japanese tourists, probably in their 20s, on the same boat going out to the memorial.  When we out there, they all started laughing and taking pictures of each other and having a great time.  I wasn't the only person that was offended by their actions, but they didn't appear to speak any English, so it seemed pointless to say anything to them.  So, when we got back from the memorial, I walked past them and said very loudly, "Remember Hiroshima."

I have no idea if they understood me, but it made me feel better.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2012, 05:20:07 PM »

You mean horse and rickshaw.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2012, 05:23:29 PM »

It probably took her that long to remember she had a ticket and that she ought to check it.  I'm sure the news channels were making daily comments that the prize was "local" and that no one had claimed it.

No, she said she checked it, but then she hid it inside her Bible.  I believe she used the time to establish a corperation or a trust.

She claimed the prize under the name of the Rainbow Sherbet Trust.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »

Evening all.  Feel better vibes to DR Jennifer.

I managed to watch some of the POTO from PBS.  Sorry folks but it seems to me that when they filmed it, they did the karaoke version.  I don't know what happens but it seems like when they film these events all of the passion is gone from the show.  The same for the last Le Miz.  I guess what I'm looking for is a certain "punch" to some lines and if I don't hear that it sounds flat to me.  More like they are singing by rote than anything else.

Heard from Angies List today.  They will be sending out the help requests on Monday to local contractors.  She said that it might take some time for them to get everything done but they will keep on trying.  That's all I can ask for.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2012, 05:30:13 PM »

Thank goodness the water is out of my waterbed. It took 3 hours. I am about to drop right now. Good night!

Feel better tomorrow!

VinTek

• Si hoc legere scis numium eruditionis habes
« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2012, 05:31:54 PM »

Bruce,

Do you plan to do any readings of the new book in the Los Angeles area?  I'd rather buyk it up at a reading and ask you to inscribe it on the spot.
Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets, then teams up with 3 complete strangers to kill again
- Marin County newspaper listing for The Wizard of Oz

Jane

« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2012, 05:33:09 PM »

When I visited the Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor, there was a large group of Japanese tourists, probably in their 20s, on the same boat going out to the memorial.  When we out there, they all started laughing and taking pictures of each other and having a great time.  I wasn't the only person that was offended by their actions, but they didn't appear to speak any English, so it seemed pointless to say anything to them.  So, when we got back from the memorial, I walked past them and said very loudly, "Remember Hiroshima."

I have no idea if they understood me, but it made me feel better.

I can understand how they might view Pearl Harbor differently than we do.  My guess was that their age had more to do with the laughter than anything. 

Jane

« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2012, 05:34:11 PM »

She claimed the prize under the name of the Rainbow Sherbet Trust.

Smart move on her part to put the winnings in a trust.

Jane

« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2012, 05:35:08 PM »

I managed to watch some of the POTO from PBS.  Sorry folks but it seems to me that when they filmed it, they did the karaoke version.  I don't know what happens but it seems like when they film these events all of the passion is gone from the show.  The same for the last Le Miz.  I guess what I'm looking for is a certain "punch" to some lines and if I don't hear that it sounds flat to me.  More like they are singing by rote than anything else.

Heard from Angies List today.  They will be sending out the help requests on Monday to local contractors.  She said that it might take some time for them to get everything done but they will keep on trying.  That's all I can ask for.   :)

I feared by her wording on the show that there might not be actual volunteers for this yet.  VIBES THE QUICKLY APPEAR!!!

Danise

« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2012, 05:39:34 PM »

Heard from Angies List today.  They will be sending out the help requests on Monday to local contractors.  She said that it might take some time for them to get everything done but they will keep on trying.  That's all I can ask for.   :)

I feared by her wording on the show that there might not be actual volunteers for this yet.  VIBES THE QUICKLY APPEAR!!!
  All good things come to those who wait.  I have faith that everything will turn out well.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2012, 05:45:36 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Very sorry to hear about Robert Sherman. But what a full life he had!! Condolences to his family and friends.

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2012, 05:49:49 PM »

I had the strangest dream last night.  I was driving my brother's van and taking myself to the airport in Chicago to return home from some all expense paid meeting.  As I was unloading my bags, I thought "How on earth am I going to get the van home if I take the flight" So, since the ticket didn't cost me anything, I decided to drive home.   As I was about to pull out of the garage type thing I was in, I saw a guy from my home town and he said he needed a ride home.  So he started driving, because he claimed he knew Chicago. Then he asked if I had an ID he could use because he lost his license to drive and his license as a lawyer (he's not a lawyer in real life).   The next think I knew we were in Indiana, totally driving the wrong way.  It was 2:30 in the afternoon and I needed to make a more than 12 hour drive and be in court the next morning.   The whole thing was so ridiculous I woke up

DR CILLA LIZ - the Dream O Matic 6000 says this dream anticipates some unsettled travel plans in your near future, do not leave those plans to someone else, but do them as you want them done.  You are also concerned that others may use your work as their own - though you are secure in what you know to be so, law wise.  Anxiety about being on time for court also suggests that you finish your work on time, and wish others would be as punctual.

Thank you :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2012, 05:51:49 PM »

DR Matthew isn't the only one who went to the dentist today. And I, too, am very pleased with my new dentist. Not only do I like him, I like all the staff. It makes such a difference! My previous dentist had an assistant who seemed to think she was a drill sergeant. Like me, the new dentist had mercury toxicity and is now very knowledgeable about it. Everything in the practice is considered from the standpoint of biocompatibility. Perhaps not important to some, but necessary for the likes of me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »

I love the score to MARY POPPINS, but I think FEED THE BIRDS is my favorite.

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2012, 05:53:01 PM »

Good morning all.  Sorry I was so short last night but that first day back at work was a monster and I was tired.

Dear TCB I don't want to hear one negative word about your surgery!  No talk of dying because THAT is NOT going to happen.  You are going to sail though it and be so much better afterwards.  I won't entertain any other thoughts on that subject! You have to go into the surgery with a positive outlook.

I remember when I went in for my breast surgery I was trying to joke and said "I'll see you on the other side" to Themla.  My meaning was the other side of the surgery but the nurse took it to mean something else and asked me if I thought something bad was going to happen.  She really gave me the what for about it because she said your mind set can have an impact on how well you will recover. 

So positive vibes and thoughts your way!!!! :)

Thank you, Danise.  Trust me, I am very confident that the surgery will be a success.  I don't think God is quite through with me yet.

And neither are we!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2012, 05:54:08 PM »

All sorts of dryness vibes to DR Jennifer!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2012, 05:54:28 PM »

As to the first Sherman Bros song I heard, I think it was probably LET'S GET TOGETHER. BK was madly in love with Haley Mills at that time and I seem to recall BK singing the song.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2012, 05:54:59 PM »

Bed and nose vibes to DR Jennifer!

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2012, 05:55:35 PM »

Hmmm...I just finished listening to the ONCE cast recording on NPR and I have to admit that I am unmoved.  I guess that one needs to actually see the show to fully appreciate it.  Right now, to me, it's just a collection of songs.  I can't garner anything of what happens on stage from what I've listened to.
From what I understand the movie is different, but maybe if you rent it the songs will make more sense
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up