Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: ONE FRIED EGG  (Read 12206 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re: ONE FRIED EGG
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2012, 09:02:49 PM »

Two days ago we still had snow on the ground ...

We have yet to have real snow! (We've had a few episodes of light dusting - stuff that hangs around for 10-20 minutes.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:45:27 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2012, 09:04:53 PM »

Quiet please - Moose is growing!  (and Zef is watching)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2012, 10:36:22 PM »

Back from rehearsal and dinner.  They'd put in the new songs just to show me how they thought they'd fit.  One was a song from some new musical version of Peter Pan, which Melody had sung at some event with the songwriters.  She liked singing it so they thought it could just slip into the act.  About halfway through it she and her father, I think, realized that it wasn't working because it's a show and role specific song and it's replacing a number that is a lot more personal and which serves a function.  I was very even keeled about it, not even talking about the quality of the song (which I found a little long and too the same) but about the function of whatever song is in that spot.  Melody got it right away and we went back to what we have.  The Frank Loesser song Hamlet fit right in perfectly as a replacement song and that's great.  They couldn't figure out where to put in one other thing we'd talked about, but ironically I knew it could go right after Hamlet perfectly.  They agreed.  One other replacement happened at the end of the show, and while I don't think it's quite right yet it will work fine.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up