Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: GOOD INTENTIONS  (Read 17648 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: GOOD INTENTIONS
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2009, 06:38:59 PM »

PAGE SEVEN DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2009, 06:40:13 PM »

Fernando and his girlfriend were not able to stay for the show - which was OK - since they had to get back on the road to continue the trek up north. It turns out that they were planning on stopping in Richmond tonight, well... I was able to give them a few hints on where to stay and where to eat. ;)

*And it really was nice seeing them.  They were in Savannah last night, and the trip to Charleston was truly a detour for them, most of it along Route 17 where the average speed is 45MPH. I very much appreciated their time and company today.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2009, 06:41:28 PM »

DR Ginny - Do Rob and/or Linda Twitter? ;)  -Sounds like you all had another good visit.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2009, 06:42:23 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Could you head down to Florida to finish DR Danise's house? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2009, 06:47:21 PM »

DR Jane - Are you wiping down your mouse and counters? -Do you have to?

~~~~~ITCH AND RASH-BE-GONE VIBES TO YOU AND KEITH~~~~~

I did in the beginning when there was still a possibility of spreading it from there.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2009, 06:48:21 PM »

DR George - Congrats on the casting!

*And if you were doing Shakespeare's R&J you'd most definitely have a LOT more lines. ;)

I'm glad we're not doing that version.  I'd love to see it, though.

What's not to like about a cast of four young men?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »

DR Danise is somewhat handy herself, maybe the two of you really could finish it. ;)

Jane

« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2009, 06:50:30 PM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2009, 07:05:12 PM »

DR Jeanne - Are you looking forward to trying Papa's Eggs? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2009, 07:06:15 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2009, 07:06:47 PM »

Well, it's official!  I've been cast as Lord Montague in Theater Artists Olympia's production of "Romeo and Juliet." :D A few days ago, I downloaded several versions of the play and in the shortest with only 35 pages, Lord Montague had only three lines.  I found another cut of the show with 75 pages(!) and LM has many more lines.  I'm hoping for fewer lines. ::)

;)

Congratulations, George!  Try not to get snowed out of this show!  Which company is doing this production?

Theater Artists Olympia (TAO), the same company that did Reefer Madness: The Musical, that Josh Anderson is now president of.

What are the dates of the production?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Michael

« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2009, 07:08:37 PM »

Listening to To the London Cast Album of Sunday In the Park With George. I like how they use different accents among the characters. Especially  between Dot and George is act one.

Then it is onto the first complete recording of Allegro.

Some very unusual artists on this album, John Simon, Bernard Bersten, Howard Kissel, Schuyler Chaplin (Ted's Father) Stephen Sondheim, and OSCAR HAMMERSTEIN II

Great cast including BK Regulars: Judy Kuhn, Liz Callaway, Judith Blazer, Danny Burstein. Laura Bennati
and Audra McDonald, Nathan Gunn, Marni Nixon, Patrick Wilson, Norbert Leo Butz and a couple of blasts from the past: Kurt Peterson and Harvey Evans
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2009, 07:10:55 PM »

DR Ginny - Do Rob and/or Linda Twitter? ;)  -Sounds like you all had another good visit.

Jose!  You don't ask a mother that about her son and his girl friend!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2009, 07:12:22 PM »

Listening to To the London Cast Album of Sunday In the Park With George. I like how they use different accents among the characters. Especially  between Dot and George is act one.

Some very unusual artists on this album, John Simon, Bernard Bersten, Howard Kissel, Schuyler Chaplin (Ted's Father) Stephen Sondheim, and OSCAR HAMMERSTEIN II

Great cast including BK Regulars: Judy Kuhn, Liz Callaway, Judith Blazer, Danny Burstein. Laura Bennati
and Audra McDonald, Nathan Gunn, Marni Nixon, Patrick Wilson, Norbert Leo Butz and a couple of blasts from the past: Kurt Peterson and Harvey Evans

And they kept the "accents" for the Roundabout/Studio 54 mounting of the production. I still remember how that "trick" kind of snuck up on me the first time I listened to that recording.  -If it's the Donmar Warehouse one you're talking about.  -And I found Daniel Evans even more adorable as an "American".  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2009, 07:13:50 PM »

Well, it's official!  I've been cast as Lord Montague in Theater Artists Olympia's production of "Romeo and Juliet." :D A few days ago, I downloaded several versions of the play and in the shortest with only 35 pages, Lord Montague had only three lines.  I found another cut of the show with 75 pages(!) and LM has many more lines.  I'm hoping for fewer lines. ::)

;)

Congratulations, George!  Try not to get snowed out of this show!  Which company is doing this production?

Theater Artists Olympia (TAO), the same company that did Reefer Madness: The Musical, that Josh Anderson is now president of.

What are the dates of the production?

June 26-July 12 and they've officially announced their 2009-10 Season!! ;D

George

« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2009, 07:16:57 PM »

*And if you were doing Shakespeare's R&J you'd most definitely have a LOT more lines. ;)

Nothing!  But I would feel out of place in a cast of four young men...and I'd really be too distracted! ;D

Michael

« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2009, 07:17:33 PM »

And they kept the "accents" for the Roundabout/Studio 54 mounting of the production. I still remember how that "trick" kind of snuck up on me the first time I listened to that recording.  -If it's the Donmar Warehouse one you're talking about.  -And I found Daniel Evans even more adorable as an "American".  ;)

Yes I am talking about that recording
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2009, 07:17:46 PM »

Nothing!  But I would feel out of place in a cast of four young men...and I'd really be too distracted! ;D

You could work as the dresser!
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2009, 07:21:41 PM »

You could work as the dresser!

From your lips...

:D

Michael

« Reply #200 on: April 19, 2009, 07:23:20 PM »

I always thought it was rather brave for Daniel Evans to wear a hairpiece for George in Act One and doffing it for Act 2's George.

This reminds me of Ron Raines who for the revival of Show Boat in the early 80's did the same. He wore a hair piece for most the show and took it off for the final sequence. If memory serves a critic made note of this. I think I still have the program and there are photos of him both ways.
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #201 on: April 19, 2009, 07:29:50 PM »

I always thought it was rather brave for Daniel Evans to wear a hairpiece for George in Act One and doffing it for Act 2's George.

He liked going "au naturel" for the second act. It cut down on his post-show "getting out of make-up and costume" time tremendously.  -And he more or less had to wear the hairpiece for Act 1 anyway since he was portraying Seurat.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #202 on: April 19, 2009, 07:30:39 PM »

LOL!!!!

DR TCB - that's the best laugh Richard and I've had all day!

DR Jose - No, they don't Twitter.  Rob just rolled his eyes when I told him I'd signed up yesterday.  It took him a long time to accept the fact that most of his relatives are on Facebook.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2009, 07:32:19 PM »

LOL!!!!

DR TCB - that's the best laugh Richard and I've had all day!

DR Jose - No, they don't Twitter.  Rob just rolled his eyes when I told him I'd signed up yesterday.  It took him a long time to accept the fact that most of his relatives are on Facebook.

;D

*Of course, it seems that since all the Oprah and Ashton Kutcher and CNN "stuff' at the end of last week, Twitter seems to be "Over Capacity" at lot this weekend.  That "Fail Whale" keeps making appearances. :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2009, 07:35:10 PM »

:D   Afraid I'm not that good yet.  Wish I was

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2009, 07:35:12 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2009, 07:35:43 PM »

Hello. That is all. Until I look at the photos from the weekend.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2009, 07:36:47 PM »

Me likey tonight's "Brothers & Sisters".  ;)

*And I'm guessing I've missed an episode or two... But I can't seem to find the "missing" episodes on ABC's website.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2009, 07:39:07 PM »

DR Jose - a Twitter question:  Why is it that when I click "Home" I see little icons for all the things I'm following, but when I click "Profile" the only icon I see is yours?  When you look at my profile do you see icons for all the things I'm following?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2009, 07:39:59 PM »

Just finished watching Rachel Getting Married - alone.  Richard would have hated it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up