Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: COUNTDOWN TO ROCKIN' NEW YEAR'S EVE  (Read 37299 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:COUNTDOWN TO ROCKIN' NEW YEAR'S EVE
« Reply #270 on: December 27, 2006, 06:33:20 PM »

George....

I have Torchwood!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #271 on: December 27, 2006, 06:33:41 PM »

A HOp, Skip and A Jump to page 10!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #272 on: December 27, 2006, 06:35:01 PM »

Edi, you are popular due to effervescent charm and good humour!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #273 on: December 27, 2006, 06:38:36 PM »

Sad to see a good store close bk, it truly is!

My favorite craft store closed just before Christmas.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #274 on: December 27, 2006, 06:39:06 PM »

I will need to add Flight 93 to my list of movies. I have not seen it yet but I have heard good things about it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #275 on: December 27, 2006, 06:39:59 PM »

George....

I have Torchwood!!

;D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered it and it's been shipped, but I haven't gotten it yet. :( But then, I haven't been home, yet, so it might be there! :D Although, I tend to get things a little later than when other people get them, so I'm not holding my breath. :-\

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #276 on: December 27, 2006, 06:42:57 PM »

elmore, I don't know the Waxman piece - let me know how you like it.

George

« Reply #277 on: December 27, 2006, 06:43:25 PM »

According to Amazon.co.uk:

Items dispatched on 27 Dec 2006:
 Delivery estimate: 4 Jan 2007 - 15 Jan 2007
1 package via International Mail 1 of: Torchwood Part One (2 Disc Set) [2006]
Sold by: Amazon.co.uk  

Anyway, I have to wait.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #278 on: December 27, 2006, 06:44:52 PM »

Every time I watch one of these older movies - you know, not a classic or anything, but just a good old-fashioned movie movie, it just makes so clear how bankrupt today's cinema is.  Right now I'm finishing up The Young Philadelphians, a sprawling potboiler filled with terrific performances, a good script, good direction by Vincent Sherman, a lovely score by Ernest Gold - not brilliant, but compared to what I see today, a complete masterpiece.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #279 on: December 27, 2006, 06:46:07 PM »

And nice not to have to have puff-piece "documentaries" where the actors sit around and pontificate on their characters and all the research they did - I'm sure Paul Newman went to law school so he could play his character.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #280 on: December 27, 2006, 06:48:05 PM »

...*Although, the girl behind me didn't seem to like it that much... About fifteen minutes into the movie, she remarked to her friend - in not so hushed tones :-\ - "There's too much singing in this movie!"

8)
And you didn't turn around and tell her - in not so hushed tones, either - "That's why it's called a musical!" ???
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #281 on: December 27, 2006, 06:48:30 PM »

Cillaliz-I enjoyed the photos of the records.

Edisauris-Sweet photo. :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #282 on: December 27, 2006, 06:50:13 PM »

...If the director's are crazy, they caught it from the managment!

God, I get pissed when adults set up young people to fail >:(

der Brucer
He really does.  
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #283 on: December 27, 2006, 07:00:25 PM »

Except for walking Sherlock I have been doing laundry ALL DAY.  I'm drying my last load, for the day, still more to do tomorrow.

'night.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #284 on: December 27, 2006, 07:07:36 PM »

;D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered it and it's been shipped, but I haven't gotten it yet. :( But then, I haven't been home, yet, so it might be there! :D Although, I tend to get things a little later than when other people get them, so I'm not holding my breath. :-\

;)

:)

Have not watched any yet. A freind of mine got my copy for me....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #285 on: December 27, 2006, 07:09:57 PM »

I also now possess Season 1 and 2 of  DR. Who!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #286 on: December 27, 2006, 07:10:41 PM »

George, I wont say anything until you get yours and then we can have a posting party and comment!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #287 on: December 27, 2006, 07:19:44 PM »

Edi, you are popular due to effervescent charm and good humour!

I think it's because I'm HOT! (In the cats' opinion, anyway!)

Thanks for the compliment!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #288 on: December 27, 2006, 07:26:33 PM »

I will check out Das Babecü...looks good!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

« Reply #289 on: December 27, 2006, 07:38:19 PM »

George, I wont say anything until you get yours and then we can have a posting party and comment!

Cool...thanks!

George

« Reply #290 on: December 27, 2006, 07:39:47 PM »

Time to go home.  Later. :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #291 on: December 27, 2006, 07:40:53 PM »

I also now possess Season 1 and 2 of  DR. Who!!
And how much from the original run?

(No, I don't have everything that's out there...but I do scheme and dream.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #292 on: December 27, 2006, 07:41:42 PM »

About to start DVD number two.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #293 on: December 27, 2006, 07:47:56 PM »

And how much from the original run?

(No, I don't have everything that's out there...but I do scheme and dream.)

Season 1 and 2 are from the new series

I have all of Peter Davison and a few adventures of Tom Baker on DVD...

On Video Tape I have Shada, ARc of Infinity and then taped eppies from when it was on the public telly here. I have several adventures of the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. I also have K-9 and Company on tape.

Many adventures of 1 and 2 are either missing or incomplete due to the BBC either discarding the episodes or reusing the tapes. It was a typical practice up until 1980s to do that. It was a practice also done in the US.
I do not have the Fox movie any longer after my vcr decided to make a snack out of it and it broke the tape!

I do have many of the novelizations of the scripts from all 7.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #294 on: December 27, 2006, 07:49:10 PM »

SWW, I also have a Brit scifi series called "Survivors" written by Terry Nation. Rather disturbing at times and it is about a small group of people struggling to survive after a virus wipes out most of the earth's population.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #295 on: December 27, 2006, 07:53:42 PM »

George and SWW

Have you seen this...

Doctor Who Warsmith
http://www.batteredsuitcase.co.uk/warsmith.html

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #296 on: December 27, 2006, 07:58:06 PM »

Oh, and did I forget to mention that 90% of The Black Dahlia was shot in Budapest?  And they BRAG about it.  It's not even convincing as the Universal backlot.

And like LA Confidential, there is a scene at the Pantages circa 1947.  There should be a box office in the center of the forecourt.  There isn't.  Easy CGI fix, for those who care.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #297 on: December 27, 2006, 07:58:59 PM »

Hi lovely, charming, and vivacious H/Ks and DRs ...

Films that I really enjoyed this year were very few.  But I did enjoy (and in no particular order)

The Prestige
Beyond The Hedge
Transamerica
The Devil Wears Prada
The History Boys

That last one was a very touching story, and I thought it was beautifully acted by a very talented bunch.  And thank god, not a single "talentless teen diva" or American Idol winner among them.

I really am puzzled these days by the wailing and "pseudo-improvisation" that passes for popular singing.  Ugh!

But what the hell..... I'm just an old crazy-lady that grows peaches!

Cillaliz

« Reply #298 on: December 27, 2006, 08:04:24 PM »

Cillaliz - yes, on ION, sorry.  That recordio disc is one you made yourself at home, on a home recorder.  I have one in perfect working order, and I have a whole stack of those discs.

I ended up getting "Spin It Again" software that works with the cables that I already had to go from my turntable to my computer.  I did one of the acetates, it was a jam session in Hermie Harder's garage on November 4, 1945, when my dad was a senior in high school.  It cleaned up pretty well. I'm getting a kick out of doing this.  

The main problem I have is that the discs weren't taken care of, they've been in a damp basement for about 25-30 years.  I'm amazed they are in as good of shape as they are.  

I looked at the ION, but they didn't have any in stock, so I thought I'd just try the software first. So far so good.

Edisaurus

« Reply #299 on: December 27, 2006, 08:04:29 PM »

I don't see the appeal of Josh Hartnet. And I don't even think it's because I'm OLD!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up