Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SWING OF THINGS  (Read 30301 times)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
Re:THE SWING OF THINGS
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2006, 05:26:43 PM »

Hiya! Time is just whizzing by - I think I'm beginning to understand the Deductive Logic stuff... or not. First exam today in a Communications class... papers due next week, and and and... AND I'm loving it!!!

TOD - FRANKENSTEIN the BIG fave of all time. But there was a creepy movie that sticks in my mind from my childhood - I saw it on one of those afternoon movie programs on TV at some point - It was a giant eyeball with blood vessels and nerve endings for "feet" and it lived like a Yeti up high in The Mountains and came down to devour villagers or something. Yipes, it was scary. Think it was called THE CRAWLING EYE or something. Yipes.
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2006, 05:27:11 PM »

The Crawling Eye gavotte! for Page 4 dance
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2006, 05:30:04 PM »

LOVE the nun photos!
PennyO

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2006, 05:30:59 PM »

The Crawling Eye gavotte! for Page 4 dance

If you insist!! ;)

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #184 on: October 03, 2006, 05:32:58 PM »

And now, I must be leaving.  I don't have to go to rehearsal tonight.  You'd think that I'd want to stay at work and make up some hours from yesterday...but I don't. ;) I also have quite a bit of TV to watch and I want to watch as much of it so that I can reuse my videotapes.  So, later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2006, 05:33:13 PM »

Wow!  DR Cillaliz, I love this!  Thanks

Glad I could pass it on to you

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2006, 06:11:46 PM »

Thedy Sue.  It's called The Jar and it's brilliant.

Did you see the remake they did back in the 80's? It was awful...not scary at all! And I love Griffin Dunne, but it didn't matter. Why do they even bother remaking classic Hitchcock?

Now i'm on the lookout for the original one hour episodes!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2006, 06:15:49 PM »

Good Evening!

On a wonderful day like today...

I Love New York!

etc., etc., etc...

:)

-Just wanted to get that out of my system... Time to catch up on the posts.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2006, 06:22:58 PM »

FJL - what was the name of that hotel - the first one you tried to get me?  I've booked my flight, but cannot find ANY hotels that are in any way reasonable and also available for the three nights - and that includes the dreaded Mayfair - several of the more reasonable ones are not available on Saturday evening.  I'd say the hotel situation in NY right now is the most out of control I've ever seen it.  Absolutely outrageous.  Anyone have any ideas - I'm listening!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2006, 06:28:57 PM »

The things that excite us these days, Sherlock just went pee-potty and poo-potty in his dog run.  Didn’t you just want to know that! ;D

I love this photo of him in his favorite toy, a children’s play tunnel.

Jane

« Reply #190 on: October 03, 2006, 06:31:05 PM »

From DerBrucer
It's tease Jane time:
Mr. Meaty!

;D I missed that last night

Jane

« Reply #191 on: October 03, 2006, 06:36:01 PM »

From CP
George, that's great.  It's the one problem I have living out in the quasi-country.  The nearest amenities are about five miles away, so walking there is tuff.  But once I drive someplace, I like to park in one location and then walk everywhere.  It's what I love about London...any place I'd want to go is only five to, at the most, thirty minutes away from the front door...shops, restaurants, bookstores, theatres, movie houses, parks, etc.

The reason we are sometimes tempted to move into Ashland.

It is always fun to visit Bryan in Portland.  I’m looking forward to walking the town (all the little neighborhoods make it seem like a town) next week with the guys from Oz.

Jane

« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2006, 06:45:54 PM »

I couldn't have done it without Keith.

Jane

« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2006, 06:47:38 PM »

TOD: I thought Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was frightening -- all those children disappearing, and no one seemed to care.

ROTFLOL! :D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2006, 06:50:29 PM »

Not for the faint of heart but if you are brave....

I have been roped into doing a radio show tonight online at teh student radio. IT is streaming audio and you are welcomed to listen. My premiere will be a bit after midnight central time, 10 Pacific...

http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/webradio/index.htm
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2006, 06:51:11 PM »

If it weren't for Julia Louis-Dreyfuss, I'd probably like the show.  But I cannot watch with her in it.

;D Exactly Keith’s sentiments.

Jane

« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2006, 06:52:52 PM »

DakotaCelt-very exciting. I unfortunately can't connect, looks a bit late for me anyway.  Have fun!

Jane

« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2006, 07:00:32 PM »

There are lots of photos of DR Elmore's own Singing Nun posted on BWW today.  Here's the link

http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=12621

Thanks for the link.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2006, 07:01:58 PM »

I finally booked a hotel just to book one - I mean, it's NUTS.  And do you know why?  The lady who took my reservation said it's because everyone's coming in to begin the Christmas shopping!  I mean, what kind of stupid society are we?  I want to vomit on the ground.  My usual favorite place to stay, the Doubletree, is close to $550 a night.  Obviously, I'm not staying there.  There doesn't seem to be anything under $350, that's available anyway.   If I find something better I can cancel what I got.  I booked the Hilton Gardens Hotel on Eighth and 48th, right near the Mayfair (which wasn't available).  It used to be something else, but Hilton took it over and completely remodeled it - the rooms look nice and the high-speed Internet is free, which saves thirty bucks from the ten a day charge of the Doubletree.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2006, 07:03:44 PM »

OK - All caught up... And now...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #200 on: October 03, 2006, 07:04:48 PM »

bk - Flatotel - ??
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #201 on: October 03, 2006, 07:06:07 PM »

Bruce-Last time you went to NY in October & experienced the same, over-booked & over-priced, problem a friend got you a special deal in a nice hotel.  Can you get that again?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: October 03, 2006, 07:12:24 PM »

bk - Flatotel - ??

Should have booked it last week - now it's not available.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: October 03, 2006, 07:13:20 PM »

Bruce-Last time you went to NY in October & experienced the same, over-booked & over-priced, problem a friend got you a special deal in a nice hotel.  Can you get that again?

I called said friend about last week's trip - her new place of employment doesn't give "friend" rates to friends of employees like her last place did.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2006, 07:13:54 PM »

I am still full from my HUUUUUGE lunch at Genghis Cohen with the delightfully delightful Jessica Rush.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2006, 07:15:02 PM »

DR FJL - I remember walking by that Ramada Hollywood many times when I was out in LA for What If?.  -I was staying in Los Feliz and would down Vermont to the subway station.  In any case...  That Ramada always seemed very "transient".

Otherwise, the neighborhood around LACC is not too bad.  It's just not a heavily residential neighborhood, and most of the businesses close at 5:00, so it's dead in the evenings.

As bk mentioned, you can get a good rate at the Universal hotels, and they're pretty nice.  And you can also take advantage of the shops and restaurants up at Universal City Walk.  You do have to take the tram down to the subway, but then it's a quick ride to LACC.  *Just remember that the subway in LA is basically on the honor system: you buy a ticket or pass, and then just keep it on you while you ride.  There is nothing to swipe or to be collected.  However, the transit police do hold random sweeps every now and then, and riding the subway without a ticket is a misdemeanor.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #206 on: October 03, 2006, 07:16:14 PM »

Should have booked it last week - now it's not available.

Call the hotel directly.  Sometimes it's just the online allotment that is no longer available.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #207 on: October 03, 2006, 07:21:42 PM »

Oh, yes, the Christmas Shopping Season has started already.  In fact, it started down in DC this past weekend.  I had gone to one of the malls, and it was CRAZY!  When I was at Banana Republic, I was talking with one of the clerks, and she commented how it was CRAZY too.  -And how the day before, they were practically dead.  She started asking some customers why they chose to come in today, and some of them they were starting their Christmas shopping.

*And even though we're still a few weeks away from Halloween, a couple of stores here in NYC and in DC have started shifting their inventory around in order to make room for the Christmas Seasonal merchandise.

**Which is why I still marvel at Nordstrom's - They do not put up their Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving.  -Well, they have staff come in on Thanksgiving to decorate, but still, nary a Christmas ball or piece of tinsel until Black Friday.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #208 on: October 03, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »

bk - Oh - Check to see if anything is available at the Edison.  Some of their Parlor Rooms aren't too badly priced even in high season.  And they're surprisingly roomy - ask for an inside corner room.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2006, 07:28:14 PM »

OH!

The auditions today were fun, fun, fun!  Lots of good people, and, as always, lot of friends coming in to audition.  And it was just great and gratifying to actually be playing - after weeks of being "on-call".  And since it was Grease, lots of fun music to play too.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up