Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SWING OF THINGS  (Read 30294 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE SWING OF THINGS
« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2006, 07:30:54 PM »

I like the musical Grease!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2006, 07:31:21 PM »

We have slipped and sled on the Greasy slope to page 8!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2006, 07:53:40 PM »

Currently watching "Six Degrees"...  As I believe, DR MattH mentioned a few days ago... It is nice seeing Campbell Scott in a good role again.  -And without that horrible moustache he had in "The Exorcism of Emily Rose".   *And his salt-n-pepper hair is very becoming too.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2006, 08:00:13 PM »

FJL, I am also having trouble finding a hotel...if you locate a good one let me know!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2006, 08:06:38 PM »

YIKES!  Tornado watch nearby...
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2006, 08:16:20 PM »

Re: the Ramada in the 1100 block of North Vermont.  No, No, definitely not!!!! Bad area and, frankly, out of the loop and mainstream of the city!  I know the area very well as Vermont up in Los Feliz where Jose stayed was a part of my neighbourhood.  Like BK says, you want to stay above Hollywood Blvd.  I might even say Franklin Blvd, unless you're in Hollywood proper, on the Boulevard between Gower and  La Brea, or on Sunset on the strip in West Hollywood. Don't know whether you're coming into LAX or Burbank, but I would recommend Burbank, there is a decent Holiday Inn right there at the airport (where the Ray Courts shows used to be).  I advise renting a car unless you don't drive.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2006, 08:17:09 PM »

OH!  I'm watching "Six Degrees" courtesy of the DVR here.  -And, as always, I keep forgetting that I can fast forward through the commercials!  :P
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2006, 08:18:15 PM »

I finshed "Lady in Black" which I remember as a kid really confounded me. Just who was that mysterious woman? It didn't matter that there was only one woman in the cast otherwise. It was a puzzle. The basic little mystery was pretty good, but the identity of the Lady should have been a no-brainer, and it wasn't.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2006, 08:20:08 PM »

Next came "Jimmy Olsen, Boy Editor." Really a comedy episode as the crooks despite their machine gun are a pretty docile bunch. Slight, but fun.

Matt H.

« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2006, 08:22:28 PM »

Watched last night's VANISHED next. Yep, a spoiler I read this summer turned out to be true: a major cast member bit the dust in this episode. Now, it could be a set-up to fool the audience. Other shows like '24' and SVU have done it, but it didn't look like that to me.

I just wonder if this was planned from the outset or did the performer in question ask for a release from the contract due to dissatisfaction with the role.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #220 on: October 03, 2006, 08:23:45 PM »

Oohh.... The "tornado watch" was from last Thursday too... Ooppss..

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #221 on: October 03, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT

had Brooke Shields as a guest star, and her presence threw me totally off identifying the identity of the murderer. Often, a star name will take one of these roles for the juicy murder confession or denials that might secure him an Emmy nomination. That wasn't the case with Brooke's part. More of a cameo than anything else. I kept thinking she'd come back into the case, and it just didn't happen.

MBarnum

« Reply #222 on: October 03, 2006, 08:25:43 PM »

I almost booked myself into The Historic Mayfair Hotel...$60.00 a night!

Then I read the fine print..."due to safety concerns in the immediate area..."

But it looks cool!

MBarnum

« Reply #223 on: October 03, 2006, 08:28:03 PM »

I am renting a car, so maybe I will just find a nice place in Little Tokyo.

Matt H.

« Reply #224 on: October 03, 2006, 08:30:59 PM »

nip/tuck had Rosie O'Donnell as a Powerball winner wanting the deluxe treatment from Dr. Troy. She got it.

However, no amount of make-up or wardrobe could make it believable that Rosie was lypoed down to a size 10. I don't mean to sound insensitive, just realistic. They'd have to use CGI with her to create the illusion that she had all the major plastic work done on her that her character paid for. So, that storyline didn't pan out this week.

What happened to the male nanny played by Peter DInklege?

I didn't believe for a second that Matt could fight off those strongarm guys who were twice his size.

In other words, the show was pretty much a washout for me tonight.

However, one mystery was cleared up about the missing kidney. That was a surprise.

Matt H.

« Reply #225 on: October 03, 2006, 08:32:09 PM »

So tomorrow I'll have BOSTON LEGAL, SVU, VERONICA MARS, and HELP ME HELP YOU (for maybe the last time) to catch up with.

Ginny

« Reply #226 on: October 03, 2006, 08:35:11 PM »

Arrgghhh!  The wireless here acts like dial-up and I just lost a post!

DH Richard and I had a delightful day at The Cloisters, followed by a 2-hour bus ride from there to 59th St. & Fifth Ave. - we took in the sights along the way and enjoyed resting our feet for a while.  Visited The Apple Store, Tiffany's, Takashiyama before attending Choral Evensong at St. Thomas.  We stopped at the hotel to regroup a little, grabbed a quick sandwich at the nearby deli, and went to see A Chorus Line - which we enjoyed quite a lot.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2006, 08:41:53 PM »

Heading off to bed now.

Good night!

FJL

« Reply #228 on: October 03, 2006, 08:42:37 PM »

BK - The place we looked at first was the Travel Inn on West 42nd Street, but I just checked and that's booked during your Oct 19-22 stay.

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: October 03, 2006, 08:43:37 PM »

DH Richard and I had a delightful day at The Cloisters, followed by a 2-hour bus ride from there to 59th St. & Fifth Ave. - we took in the sights along the way and enjoyed resting our feet for a while.  Visited The Apple Store, Tiffany's, Takashiyama before attending Choral Evensong at St. Thomas.  We stopped at the hotel to regroup a little, grabbed a quick sandwich at the nearby deli, and went to see A Chorus Line - which we enjoyed quite a lot.

Sounds like the way the wireless worked there last year. Hope we have better luck.  

I'm getting close to having the packing done.  Still need to look again. Not sure what to take this time so I'm taking too much. I hate it when I'm not decisive about packing, but what the heck. If I have to check luggage I'm going to have luggage to check!

Not sure if JH got the 10 o'clock news off tonight or not. If not he's just leaving Joplin to go to Kansas City where he'll catch his plane bright and early in the morning.

FJL

« Reply #230 on: October 03, 2006, 08:45:38 PM »

Thanks for the warnings and suggestions about the L.A. hotels.

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: October 03, 2006, 08:50:52 PM »

Here's the photo coverage of NIGHT OF THE HUNTER

http://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=12580

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #232 on: October 03, 2006, 08:53:42 PM »

I used to have the Wellington as my backup when The Edison was booked, But now i see it's gotten pricier.

I've had the best luck booking here:  http://snipurl.com/nyhotels
Sometimes they mess up, but their quotes are cheaper than a lot of sites...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: October 03, 2006, 08:56:34 PM »

Well, back to packing and off to sleep.  Night all. If you don't hear from me in the morning, I'll let you know when I get to New York

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2006, 09:01:24 PM »

Yeah - You made it to Takashimaya!  Did you happen to meet the "white witch" up on the fragrance floor?  I always seem to run into her when I'm there, and she really does have an amazing sixth sense when it comes to picking fragrances.  -And she's always very generous when spritzing the tester strips - I swear there have been times when she's spritzed a good $25 of cologne onto those pieces of cardboard (from a $400 bottle of cologne!).

And you made it to the Apple Store too!

And A Chorus Line!

Sounds like a very full day to me!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #235 on: October 03, 2006, 09:02:04 PM »

Re: LA hotels...I have stayed at the Wilshire Dunes (4300 Wilshire Blvd) probably a dozen times. It's a small, '60's retro motor lodge. Free parking, and it's just across Wilshire from some beautiful neighborhoods. Larchmont Village is within walking distance. It has a nice little courtyard pool and is well-managed. I usually stay there on my own and always felt safe. It is definitely NO FRILLS---$85 a night, but a real bargain. And it held up during an earthquake when a lot of things around it crumbled.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-397163-dunes_wilshire_hotel-i

No internet access, I'm sure, but it does have character.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #236 on: October 03, 2006, 09:03:52 PM »

Speaking of creepy films...does anyone remember "The Next Voice You Hear", with James Whitmore and Nancy Reagan?

Edisaurus

« Reply #237 on: October 03, 2006, 09:07:47 PM »

Safe journey, once again, DR Cillaliz!

I look forward to hearing about your adventures in NY!

And if you're looking for good Chinese, ask P. to direct you to Joe's Shangahi on Pell in Chinatown. *Sigh* and yummmm....

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #238 on: October 03, 2006, 09:35:20 PM »

I wouldn't walk around at night in any of Hollywood.

It's as safe as Tucson!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #239 on: October 03, 2006, 09:57:28 PM »

. Think it was called THE CRAWLING EYE or something. Yipes.

This the one?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up