News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WINDY  (Read 12389 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WINDY
« on: October 28, 2009, 12:06:04 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were windy, and now it is time for you to post until the windy cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WINDY
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 12:06:52 AM »

And the word of the day is: LUCULENT!

DAW

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 01:33:35 AM »

Are these the Santa Ana winds??                     :P

DAW

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 01:39:15 AM »

TOD:

I got my first apartment about 6 months after I graduated from college.  It was about 5 miles from my parent's house - the top floor of a house converted to rental units, and right on the water, Long Island sound.  A beautiful view!   It was pretty small, but I loved it!  The other tenants weren't particularly friendly, and in the summer it became unbearably hot.  But it was mine, all mine.  It is hard to go back to living with your parents after you've had the freedom of being "on your own" in college.  Even though you now have to fend for yourself re: food & shelter.  A very interesting time in a young adult's life!

I lived there for about a year and a half before I met my DH and eventually moved in with him.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 04:17:24 AM »

The main server was just brought down so I can't work on the Ford Foundation for about 15 minutes. I'm listening to 110 in the Shade (OBC) and I'll surf a bit and drink my coffee.

It's still rainy and cool here in New York. Glad to hear that Ginny and Richard got off OK.

Ben

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 04:21:38 AM »

A dorm room on the East Bank of the University of Minnesota was my actual very first place away from home. While I was living there I met and began dating someone and we moved in together (it only lasted through that school year, ending just before the end of my sophomore year).

I lived in a house with some other actors in the Twin Cities area in Maplewood (a suburb of Saint Paul). Eventually everyone moved out (there were 5 total) except for the house owner and me. I had a car then. We had a great time, a straight dancer from Chicago and a gay boy form Coon Rapids. I left when I decided to move to New York and he sold the house soon after and moved into Minneapolis.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 05:26:25 AM »

I watched WHATEVER WORKS about a week ago, and whereas I don't think it's one of Woody's worst, I certainly don't think it's anywhere near his best.

Although I found his character very unlikable during the first half of the picture, I think that Larry David channels Woody's on-screen persona better than any other actor in the past.  He has the Woody Allen dialogue rhythm.

The thing I liked best about the film was Evan Rachel Wood.  Whatever his faults, Woody does write a great "bimbo" character.

I'd give the movie a C+.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 05:32:36 AM »

TOD:

I moved out of my parents' home in Seattle about four months after I graduated from college, once I learned that I would not be drafted.

I drove down to Los Angeles, rented a single apartment in Hollywood just off the corner of Fountain and Sweetzer for $95.00.  That was in 1963.

Loretta Young lived across the street, and about a month or so after I moved in, Karen Kupsinut (Irv's actress daughter) was murdered a half block away from my place.

I loved being on my own.  I stayed there for 3 months, then moved to a place on Normandie (near 6th) where Barbara Payton was a neighbor.

You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 05:42:01 AM »

Good morning, all! One more day to go before the opening night, and i am getting excited about the whole megillah. I'm happy to learn that DR Ginny and Richard are safely home but saddened by the loss of aitches in DRvixmom's household.

Last night I had weird dreams including one about the ass who runs the Signature Theatre in Virginia and I'm still not sure if the last strange dream involving twins was part of the same trauma or something else.

This morning, I have a trip to Toyland, followed with lunch with George Dvorsky. I have some things from the McGlinnventory to return to him and we'll have a chance to gossip, dish, and catch up. After that, I will get myself back here to work on the Volume 2 notes for BABES IN TOYLAND. A conductor in town, David Lewis, and I have been playing phone tag. I hope today we can actually converse a bit.

I took too long to leave home but the time spent was great preparation for living and working in Manhattan.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DAW

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 05:47:46 AM »

lunch with George Dvorsky

Lucky you!  Love him!!

Ginny

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 06:03:41 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Our household is just stirring.  Much as I miss NYC, it was nice to sleep in our own bed last night.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DAW

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2009, 06:08:11 AM »

Welcome home, DR Ginny!       :)

DAW

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2009, 06:08:26 AM »

Ginny

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2009, 06:12:40 AM »

Thanks, DR DAW!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 06:24:52 AM »

The Dayton International Peace Museum makes the NY Times!

Their founders and board members were some of my most loyal attendees for programs about running nonprofit organizations and they've applied their knowledge quite well. 

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 06:33:03 AM »

And the word of the day is: LUCULENT!

And The Song Of The Day Is: ON A CLEAR DAY(YOU CAN SEE FOREVER)

Kerry

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 06:35:14 AM »

How accurate for our times.  Perfect!
I like boat races.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 06:36:26 AM »

I'm Back! I'm Back!. And it is certainly a Clear Day. And it is great to be back (relatively pain free )on this here site.
Thanks to all for the vibes and good wishes. They were truly appreciated.

Ginny

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 06:39:42 AM »

Glad to see you back here, DR ArnoldMBrockman!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2009, 06:45:10 AM »

Glad you made it home and hope you feel better, DR GINNY!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2009, 06:45:36 AM »

Allergies and cold are slowing me down this morning - but I shall return.

I thought Wednesday was ASK BK day!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 06:57:45 AM »

Thank you, DR JRand!

DAW

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 07:08:54 AM »

Welcome back DR ArnoldMBrockman!!!   Very glad to hear that you are finally feeling better.      :)

DAW

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2009, 07:09:41 AM »

I thought Wednesday was ASK BK day!

Perhaps it isn't Wednesday on the Left Coast.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 07:10:19 AM »

Good morning!

It's cool and gray outside. We had heavy rains last night, but I'm not sure if we're going to get more or if the clouds are lingering but not filled with any more water.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 07:12:44 AM »

My work project today is completely dependent on what arrives in the mail. I have nothing in the review stack but a HUGE number of discs coming, many of them multi-disc sets: Hitchcock thrillers (4), NATIONAL PARKS on Blu-ray (6 discs), ZORRO seasons 1 and 2 (78 episodes plus four one-hour episodes), plus CGI cartoon features ICE AGE 3, UP!, and MONSTERS, INC. all on Blu-ray. What a load of discs!

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 07:13:32 AM »

And I have nothing on the DVR in terms of television to watch while eating lunch, so I'll dive back into a PERRY MASON episode. I'm not on disc 2 in the first season set.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2009, 07:15:35 AM »

GLEE is not on tonight due to the World Series.

CBS' CRIMINAL MINDS and CSI: NY are reruns tonight. (Sweeps start tomorrow, so you won't be seeing reruns for most shows for the next three-four weeks).

ABC's comedy block (which includes the sensational MODERN FAMILY) are new episodes tonight!

Laura

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 07:16:46 AM »

Glad to see that Arnold and Ginny have returned.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 07:18:32 AM »

I'm Back! I'm Back!. And it is certainly a Clear Day. And it is great to be back (relatively pain free )on this here site.
Thanks to all for the vibes and good wishes. They were truly appreciated.

Welcome back! How's your health now?

BK, I just sent to your package address a check for the Brent Barrett albums.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up