Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEET NOVEMBER  (Read 10744 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: SWEET NOVEMBER
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2009, 12:13:53 PM »

Happy November, everyone!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2009, 12:17:36 PM »

I spend most of the day (after a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs, toast with blackberry preserves, a bosc pear and coffee, same for Anthony except for tea with honey) working. I made the decision to bring home my annual end of cycle project to absolutely ensure that it gets done before I leave for the month of December. For reasons too numerous to mention something always goes either slightly or more wrong and the issues have to be dealt with by someone besides me. It pisses me off. This is the first year it seems (because of various departures) where the chances are this WILL NOT happen. I would like to have it not happen at least once during my employment at the Center, hence my decision to bring the work home. It will free up hours of time in the office for the next three weeks. I didn't finish absolutely everything but I came very close and by going in tomorrow at 6am I will finish absolutely everything (the first pass anyway) and from that point on it should flow smoothly. My eyes are about to fall out of my head as a result of the work but it's worth it!

George

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2009, 12:18:15 PM »

I reset some of my clocks when I went to bed last night (early this morning, actually) and just need to reset the ones in my living room and kitchen.

Just had to share. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2009, 12:20:20 PM »

My diet will change drastically from tomorrow through Wednesday (I'm actually starting to eat less today) due to a "medical procedure" which will be performed on Wednesday and involves drinking a nasty liquid the day before. I think you know what I'm talking about without being more specific.

Ben

« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »

I reset everything that needed to be reset last night before we went to bed. The computer(s) and television reset themselves.

Ben

« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »

And now I'm leaving.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2009, 12:26:20 PM »

The dog above me is barking today. I don't know which is worse: the damned dog or the damned squeaky bed when he's having sex.

The dog has sex in the bed?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2009, 12:29:12 PM »

My diet will change drastically from tomorrow through Wednesday (I'm actually starting to eat less today) due to a "medical procedure" which will be performed on Wednesday and involves drinking a nasty liquid the day before. I think you know what I'm talking about without being more specific.

Pap test?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2009, 12:42:57 PM »

The dog above me is barking today. I don't know which is worse: the damned dog or the damned squeaky bed when he's having sex.

How often is this dog having sex?

More than me. Perhaps more than you?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2009, 12:43:03 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We're back from Lima where Richard celebrated mass and then we had the congregational annual meeting (well, after a yummilicious lunch prepared by the church ladies).  We're home in time for me to see "Kristi Yamaguchi and Friends."
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2009, 12:45:10 PM »

I'm deleting this post. I'm still boggled on another site about the Gershwin being gay obsession.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 01:39:35 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2009, 12:45:29 PM »

DR Elmore - it appears that running around Times Square in the rain last Saturday was not good for you or DR Jose or me.  Since I haven't developed a full-fledged cold, I'm still blaming my scratchy throat on allergies.

You're wise to stay in and take care of yourself.  Order some soup from Artie's!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2009, 01:01:41 PM »

I plan to watch WHITE COLLAR while I eat lunch, and I doubt I'll have any other time during the day to watch any of the other shows on the DVR to clear off some space.

We were very disappointed with the second episode.

So was I. The charm, the surprise, and the mystery were all M.I.A. This is mthe kind of episode you'd expect after a show's been running for years, kind of a "walking through it" sort of episode. Hopefully, they'll rebound next week.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2009, 01:05:37 PM »

I did finish episode four before I started on lunch. Each episode tells sometimes very moving anecdotes about historical personages who had influences of one kind or another on one or more of the parks. Some people's stories traverse several of these chapters.

There is some repetition of themes and historians intoning over and over the seriousness of preserving the parks, what they mean to Americans, etc. All true but a little redundant after you heard it several times in EVERY episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2009, 01:06:22 PM »

I watched WHITE COLLAR while I ate lunch (see comment to DR Jane above). Didn't have time to watch anything else for fun. Had to get right back to work.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2009, 01:07:44 PM »

I watched all of episode five this afternoon and the bonus features that went with both episodes four (outtakes) and five (repetitions of several stories of ethnic men and woman who had made significant contributions to the Park Service.)

I got to within 45 minutes of finishing the sixth and last episode. I'll finish it and watch the last bonus feature when I go back downstairs.

DAW

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2009, 01:11:21 PM »

Has Laura DR gone into business supplying Popeye's??

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2009, 01:30:10 PM »

I'm hopping off-line now to do some writing and then will head back down to finish today's work project.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2009, 01:30:24 PM »

Spoo!

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2009, 01:43:10 PM »

Hmm, I just saw a Walmart commercial that uses "We Need a Little Christmas" for its soundtrack.

George

« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2009, 02:03:31 PM »

Right now, I'm watching "Forbidden Planet" on TCM hi-def.  The picture looks great!

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2009, 02:12:05 PM »

Hmmm... The sun is "scheduled" to set at 4:52pm today.  -Just about two hours and ten minutes from now.  Hmm...

I changed all the clocks today. But dumb me. I left for my bikeride at 3:30pm and by 4:10pm i was wondering why it was getting so dark out. Dumb!

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »

I have a lot of reading to catch up on. And a lot of shows i have not watched. I did not get to friday's UGLY BETTY, MEDIUM, GHOST WHISPERER or the 1st WHITE COLLAR.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2009, 02:15:36 PM »

I am going out to dinner with my aunt and uncle. It's sort of unusual for just the 3 of us to go out alone. But my uncle really wanted to go. And we are going somewhere i have not been in years. They make really good ribs which used to be my favorite.  Hopefully they are still good. They are sweet ones (which is not how most places make them here).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2009, 02:16:21 PM »

This long musical is just one endless long drama and I'm getting really bored of it.  The simplest of things cannot, it seems, go smoothly.  I was intending to do nothing today, and yet I spent close to two hours dealing with this week's rehearsal schedule?  Why?  Because apparently our musical director hasn't been getting any of my or Cason's e-mails for the last week - I'd have to imagine there in some spam folder.  So I spent all that time straightening out the schedule and making sure he had a copy.  Ridiculous.  I finally shut the damn phone off.  And I'm not going to Grant's later, so that got pushed to maybe Wednesday night, the only sort of night off I have this week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »

And my mastering guy just asked if I had any thoughts on our new master, which means he neglected to tell me it was up and has probably been sitting there for two days, so I now have to deal with that.  I made some spaghetti for my meal o' the day, and only had time to do a two-mile jog.  Some day off.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2009, 02:23:59 PM »

DR elmore - I'm sorry you're going to miss today's matinee, but if you're feeling a wee bit better later, I think you should head down for Terri's commitment ceremony.  Just pop in, stand in the back, have a good cry and leave. -And don't shake hands with anyone! ;)

I sent her a note. I'm staying in! My drugist only has Cold-eeze lozenges and the honey lemon aren't too bad. I went online and ordered enough tablets to get me through the winter.

I will be interested in the difference between the two, and which you prefer.  Why do you need so many?  The directions say to take them the first 3 days of a cold.  Do you plan to have lots of colds?

Jane

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2009, 02:25:23 PM »

DR elmore - I'm sorry you're going to miss today's matinee, but if you're feeling a wee bit better later, I think you should head down for Terri's commitment ceremony.  Just pop in, stand in the back, have a good cry and leave. -And don't shake hands with anyone! ;)

I sent her a note. I'm staying in! My drugist only has Cold-eeze lozenges and the honey lemon aren't too bad. I went online and ordered enough tablets to get me through the winter.

Just remember to use them in moderation. -Otherwise, they're going to make anything else you eat and drink taste funny.

That is an understatement!  I'm not sure they really work so I only take them if my symptoms are so bad I'm not eating anyway. 

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2009, 02:25:49 PM »

How often is this dog having sex?

I knew someone was going to comment ;D

Jane

« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2009, 02:28:25 PM »

Good luck.   Also a smart idea to get much of your work done before you begin your special diet.  Test vibes and work vibes!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up