Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: STUFFED  (Read 11366 times)

Julie

Re: STUFFED
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2009, 06:24:54 AM »

Today, we'll be going to the beach.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2009, 06:52:58 AM »

You and Medea!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2009, 06:53:25 AM »

Ah DR MattH, i guess we were posting at the same time!

We just had the episode "flip the coin" last week (for WHITE COLLAR). I think i like it best when the lead guy does questionable stuff to solve the cases.  It makes the show more fun!

Yes, and I also like the ready-to-break-free vibe that he brings to each caper.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2009, 06:54:29 AM »

Well, I ordered some stuff at Amazon and am ready now to head downstairs and watch some of the things I recorded last night. I don't think I'll start on LOST until after I finish lunch.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2009, 07:11:04 AM »

Enjoying a little quiet time this morning before I begin the transformation of my livingroom by putting up my Christmas tree and platform.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2009, 07:13:53 AM »

! ! ! ! ! Happy Birthday to DR divarobbie ! ! ! ! !
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2009, 07:25:20 AM »

Our neighbor's murder continues to be front page news in the paper and the lead story on all the newscasts.  There are police basically living at her house now.  It's really quite disturbing.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2009, 07:26:06 AM »

I wish now I had taken time to get to know her better--it turns out she lived and taught in SLC for many years and we probably had a lot of friends in common. 
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2009, 07:49:02 AM »

Happy Happy Birthday, Divarobbie!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 07:49:37 AM »

It's so sad about your neighbor, JMK.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2009, 08:08:43 AM »

Happy Day After, kidz. I couldn't reach our Jane yesterday - the phones were off to give her day-after surgery peace and slumber.

I'll be driving back to LA today - CD player in the car is set with Celtic Colors - perfect for the drive through the trackless expanse of desert. A little Vivaldi ready for when I hit California.

Last night's drive back from my cousin's house with my Chuckster was - oh, let's call it "eventful" -- perhaps I'll be able to talk about it at a later hour... However, today all are hale and hearty and recovering nicely... oy...
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2009, 08:09:04 AM »

Happy Birthday, divarobbie...
PennyO

Julie

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2009, 08:12:46 AM »

Can someone please remind me how I can post a photo here - something that is stored on my computer.  I see the image option in the reply box, but don't know how to go from there.  Thanks.

Julie

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2009, 08:13:14 AM »

You and Medea!

I'll be in good company.

Ginny

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2009, 08:24:52 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  My sister, niece, and I survived our shopping trip at the Vera Bradley store and then had a nice breakfast at Java Johnny's, the coffee shop just up the street from our house.  My sister filled me in on all her recent genealogy research and gave me the first photograph I've ever seen of our paternal grandmother.

When Laura and I got to Gram's to pick up my sister, my brother-in-law was already out shopping.  We had a good laugh over that.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2009, 08:25:22 AM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2009, 08:25:48 AM »

Travel vibes for DR PennyO and for my niece Laura, who's going home to Illinois this afternoon.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2009, 08:28:25 AM »

Friday media check:

DVD - Mad Men, Season 2, Disc 3

CD - Barbra Streisand's new Love is the Answer, which my sister gave me yesterday to say "thank you" for looking after our mother and aunt on a day-to-day basis.

Both will have to wait until after the ABC broadcast of the University of Cincinnati noon football game - Go 'Cats!!!

Kerry

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2009, 08:28:46 AM »

And a good morning it is!
I like boat races.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2009, 08:47:16 AM »

Can someone please remind me how I can post a photo here - something that is stored on my computer.  I see the image option in the reply box, but don't know how to go from there.  Thanks.

The Image feature only works for picture files that are hosted on the Internet.
To display a file that is on your computer:

When in the Reply window, select “Additional Options” – bottom left of screen.

At the bottom of the expanded window is an Attach option.

Use the Browse button to select the desired photo file on your computer.

Then hit “Post” – DO NOT PREVIEW

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2009, 08:57:21 AM »

Good Morning!

Happy Day After Thanksgiving/Black Friday/November 27!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2009, 08:59:12 AM »

Oh, and, yes...

I'm up, I'm up... And I would have posted "sooner", but I guess the traveling and the day caught up with me.  I, apparently, fell asleep around 10:00 last night - after the meal and some good "Uncle Jojo" time with the kiddos. I only woke up after a nice flash of lightning and a good clap of thunder. Anyhoo...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2009, 08:59:45 AM »

And, Happy 91st birthday to my mother!  We're going out to dinner tonight to celebrate!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2009, 08:59:47 AM »

I really do hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with friends, family, loved ones and food (of course!).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2009, 09:00:25 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR GINNY'S MOTHER!!!!

*That's gonna be an awful lot of candles to blow out. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2009, 09:03:53 AM »

I had hoped to spend some time with Steve today, but he woke up with a really bad cold, possibly a sinus infection, so he's at the doctor's right now getting checked out.  He has three concerts to play next week, so it's not exactly a good time for him to be/get sick.  In the meantime, I've been supervising my nieces and nephew.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2009, 09:06:32 AM »

Happy Birthday to Ginny's mother!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »

I suppose I'm up because the oafs have insured that their gardeners arrive at eight-thirty every Friday, unlike every other considerate person in the nabe - my gardener and everyone else's arrive anytime between noon and five.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2009, 09:18:20 AM »

Remember my little rant about the gluttony of certain record labels?  I can basically boil it down to one, and though they put out great stuff, the way in which they like to do their little announcements and then continue to try and trump others is getting a little irritating to not only me but to other labels.  So, last week FSM starts preorders for a 15 CD Rozsa set at $180.  Then Intrada announces two two CD sets, one of which is a complete release of Back To The Future.  Before anyone can even breathe, another label today announces THREE releases at once, one a two CD set.  And two of them are what could only be called as blockbuster.  This sort of gluttony knows no precedent as far as I can see - because the third, while not blockbuster is, for some, even more desirable, Les Baxter's Panic In The Year Zero.  The other two?  A two CD complete The Fugitive (the Harrison Ford movie version) and Jerry Goldsmith's Innerspace.  But, none of this is the point - the POINT is they announced today.  But they don't start taking orders until noon on Tuesday.  So, in essence they screw up release plans for anyone else by basically making it a two-step deal.  Again, completely unheard of.  I was the only one announcing next week - I planned it carefully.  But now we have announcement today that no one can actually order until Tuesday, which, in essence, is the REAL announcement.  And, that's another seventy bucks for people to spend their hard-earned money on.  I now have to push our announcement to Wednesday at midnight, maybe Thursday, and possibly into next week, although FSM has two more titles that are being announced and also maybe next week or the week after.  I literally cannot keep up, and the game-playing is getting just a little nauseating.  I certainly do not want this, our first release from a prominent studio, to get lost in the shuffle, because it's an incredible release, and I've got an equally terrific one following that.  I could announce them both together but why do that to people?  At least give a week or two of breathing room.  I gotta tell you.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 09:29:34 AM by bk »

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2009, 09:24:50 AM »

Thank you, DRs Jose and Laura!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up