Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEDISH NOTES  (Read 47653 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:SWEDISH NOTES
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2007, 08:29:04 AM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8]Page 5[/size][/font][/shadow]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2007, 08:29:55 AM »

Is that Barney Hughes?

DR elmore3003, I just checked the cast list, and no, it doesn't seem to be him.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2007, 08:31:13 AM »

I need excellent vibes and xylophones - things are NUTS around these here parts.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2007, 08:32:17 AM »

RE: James Carpinello in Xanadu.

Well, I just got a few e-mails.  And my roommate just got a few e-mails.*  Again, James really did injure his foot.  Unfortunately, the injury is severe enough that he will have to be off his bad foot for up to four months.  Never a good thing for an actor - on roller skates or not.  So, technically, at this point, he has temporarily left the show.

I haven't heard anything yet about re-casting, but it does seem like they are going to try to rotate through the three covers - all of whom are quite different types.  For now.  I think with Andre Ward going in, that would cause the least amount of "shuffling".  However, Peter Samuel is also one of the Sonny covers, and he's normally Tony Roberts' understudy!  *My roommate is friends with the other Sonny cover, Curtis Holbrook.

Speedy recovery vibes to Mr. Carpinello.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2007, 08:34:57 AM »

I need excellent vibes and xylophones - things are NUTS around these here parts.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~Nutty Vibes for BK ~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2007, 08:36:44 AM »

-And I also believe that producers are smart enough to know nowadays that it's much harder to cover someone leaving - or being asked to leave - a production - due to the internet.  If someone leaves, they leave.  If they ask them to leave, they just do it.  Better to get it done quick and easy, rather than have it be speculated about for weeks on end on the chat boards and in the NY Post.  ;)  -Bad press is bad press.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2007, 08:36:57 AM »

~~~~~~XYLOPHONES, TOO ~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

singdaw

« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2007, 08:37:22 AM »

***excellent vibes and xylophones***[/size][/color]
for a NUT FREE environment for bk
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2007, 08:38:45 AM »

[show off]

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2007, 08:39:10 AM »

Nice nut, though!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2007, 08:39:39 AM »

Did you grow it yourself?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2007, 08:39:56 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2007, 08:40:32 AM »

~~~~~EXCELLENT VIBES TO BK~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2007, 08:42:38 AM »

It's a most strange and unusual day in this office.

All four women who work here are IN EARLY for a major change in routine (one usually arrives at 9, another at 9:30, and the boss is seldom not here until 11 a.m.)

The distaff side is me and three other guys.  Thus far, I'm the only guy.  And the hormonal balance is WAY off at present.

Or you could just take this opportunity to get in touch with your feminine side.

:-*
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2007, 08:44:17 AM »

I've been unusually "sore" the past two days.

I feel like I would had I been through a heavy workout.

I wonder if I'm being abducted by some fitness-fanatic aliens who put me through intense workouts and then dump me back into my bed!?!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2007, 08:45:09 AM »

Or you could just take this opportunity to get in touch with your feminine side.

:-*

These women are real estate agents.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2007, 08:45:16 AM »

I've been unusually "sore" the past two days.

I feel like I would had I been through a heavy workout.

I wonder if I'm being abducted by some fitness-fanatic aliens who put me through intense workouts and then dump me back into my bed!?!

Bloating?  Cramps?  (see above)

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2007, 08:45:44 AM »

These women are real estate agents.

;D ROTFLMAO ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2007, 08:47:02 AM »

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2007, 08:47:39 AM »

Adorama, a camera kind of store on 18th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues (closer to 6th) is an AWFUL store.

And the name makes it sound so nice!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2007, 08:48:19 AM »

Did you grow it yourself?

Friendship is like a garden.  You have to water it.  And tend it.  And feed it.

:)

MBarnum

« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2007, 08:49:56 AM »

I didn't know about this, DR FJL. Thanks for passing it on. I have, however, heard enough other stories about problems with microwaving--from scientific sources--to have virtually stopped using my microwave oven. Not using it really isn't the inconvenience I expected. But I would have thought heating some water in it was one thing I could do quite safely! Oh, well.

And if you check Snopes.com you will find that boiling water in your microwave is not really that much of a hazard....http://www.snopes.com/science/microwave.asp
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:58:11 AM by MBarnum »

Michael

« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2007, 08:51:10 AM »

I am in love with the website the Dialectizer:

here is a monologue from Man of La Mancha

My friend, I have lived almost fifty years, and I have seen life as it is. Pain, misery, hunger...cruelty beyond belief.

I have heard the singing from taverns and the moans from bundles of filth on the streets. I have been a soldier and seen my comrades fall in battle...or die more slowly under the lash in Africa. I have held them in my arms at the final moment.

These were men who saw life as it is, yet they died despairing. No glory, no gallant last words...only their eyes filled with confusion, whimpering the question: 'Why?'

I do not think they asked why they were dying, but why they had ever lived.

When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Too much sanity may be madness. To seek treasure where there is only trash. Perhaps to be practical is madness.

And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it ought to be.

THE REDNECK VERSION

Mah friend, ah have lived almost fif'y years, an' ah have see life as it is. Pain, mizzuy, hunger...cruelty beyond belief. ah have heard th' sin'in' fum tavahns an' th' moans fum bundles of filth on th' streets. ah have been a soldier an' see mah comrades fall in battle...o' die mo'e slowly unner th' lash in Africa. ah have held them in mah arms at th' final moment. These were min who sar life as it is, yet they died despairin'. No glo'y, no gallant last wo'ds...only their eyes filled wif cornfushun, whimperin' th' quesshun: 'Whuffo'?' ah do not reckon they axed whuffo' they were dyin', but whuffo' they had evah lived, cuss it all t' tarnation. When life itse'f seems lunatic, who knows whar madness lies? Too much sanity may be madness. To seek treasure whar thar is only trash. Perhaps t'be prackical is madness. An' maddess of all, t'see life as it is an' not as it ought t'be.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2007, 08:51:14 AM »

DR elmore3003, I just checked the cast list, and no, it doesn't seem to be him.

Since Barney's been dead over a year, I guess not! Sure looks like him.  BTW, this revival of YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU is getting wonderful reviews.

I've got to track down Kevin Kilner. Last time I saw him was around 1995 when he was acting in the anniversary production of THE GLASS MENAGERIE.  I met him right after he'd gotten back from playing Mitch STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE with Michael Chiklis as Stanley in Columbus, OH. I always thought the director should have reversed the roles.  Either he or his girlfriedn at the time lived a few blocks away from me.  I guess that CLOSER episode has me waxing nostalgic.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2007, 08:52:06 AM »

THE JIVE VERSION

Mah' homey, ah' have lived mos' fifty years, and ah' have seen life as it is. Pain, misery, hunger. Ah be baaad.....cruelty beyond belief. I gots heard da damn sin'in' fum taverns and da damn moans fum bundles uh fild on de streets. ah' have been some soldia' and seen mah' comrades fall in battle...o' kick d' cud mo'e slowly unda' de lash in Africa. WORD! ah' have held dem in mah' arms at da damn final moment. Man! Dese wuz dudes who saw life as it is, yet dey got wasted despairin'. No glo'y, no gallant last wo'ds...only deir eyes filled wid confusion, whimpuh'in' de quesshun: 'Why?' I do not dink dey ax'ed why dey wuz dyin', but why dey had eva' lived. When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Too much sanity may be madness. To seek treasho' man where dere be only trash. Lop some boogie. Perhaps t'be practical be madness. And maddest uh all, t'see life as it be and not as it ought t'be.

Never stop dreaming.

singdaw

« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2007, 08:52:26 AM »

Or maybe you've just been watching too many exercise videos on your fancy TV!

:)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:52:42 AM by singdaw »

Michael

« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2007, 08:52:54 AM »

THE COCKNEY VERSION

Me mate, I 'ave lived almost fifty years, right, and I 'ave seen life as it is. Pain, right, misery, hunger...cruelty beyond belief. I 'ave 'eard the singing from taverns and the moans from bundles of filff on the chuffin' streets. I 'ave been a soldier and seen me comrades fall in battle...or die more slowly under the lash in Africa, right? I 'ave 'eld them in me arms at the final mument. These were men 'oo seen life as it is, yet they died despairin'. No glory, no gallant last words...only their mince pies filled wiv confusion, wimperin' the question: 'Why?' I do not fink they asked why they were dyin', but why they 'ad ever lived. Wen life itself seems lunatic, 'oo knows where madness lies, isit?Too much sanity may be madness. To seek treasure where there is only trash. Peraps ter be practical is madness. And maddest of all, to spot life as it is and not as it ought ter be.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2007, 08:53:15 AM »

OOOHH!!!

I WANNA GO!  I WANNA GO!

Steve looks like he's wondering if he set his TIVO and Daniel Evans as Tobias? That's twenty years too old.  Evans was CANDIDE at the National in 1999, and now he's playing George in SUNDAY IN THE PARK!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2007, 08:54:09 AM »

ELMER FUDD PLAYING DON QUIXOTE

My fwiend, I have wived awmost fifty yeaws, and I have seen wife as it is. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! Pain, misewy, hungew...cwuewty beyond bewief. I have heawd the singing fwom tavewns and the moans fwom bundwes of fiwf on the stweets. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! I have been a sowdiew and seen my comwades faww in battwe...ow die mowe swowwy undew the wash in Afwica. I have hewd them in my awms at the finaw moment. Dese wewe men who saw wife as it is, yet they died despaiwing. No gwowy, no gawwant wast wowds. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! ..onwy theiw eyes fiwwed wif confusion, whimpewing the qwestion: 'Why?' I do not think they asked why they wewe dying, but why they had evew wived. When wife itsewf seems wunatic, who knows whewe madness wies? Too much sanity may be madness. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! To seek tweasuwe whewe thewe is onwy twash. Pewhaps to be pwacticaw is madness. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! And maddest of aww, to see wife as it is and not as it ought to be.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2007, 08:56:43 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes to BK! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]
They haven't a bit of goddammed good for me the past week.

But who's bitter?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up