Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: OTHER FISH TO FRY  (Read 104685 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:OTHER FISH TO FRY
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2007, 12:53:22 PM »

This morning I went for a walk. The sky was gray and the light was all wrong for photos. But this is what I saw:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2007, 12:54:04 PM »

And

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2007, 12:54:40 PM »

Spring is coming. The birds are beginning to pair up:

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2007, 12:56:32 PM »

Well, DR Elmore, I was in that production and probably still have the program.  Shall I send you a photocopy?

Thanks, dear!  I've got one here somewhere.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2007, 12:59:04 PM »

Spring....I wonder if it is time for me to pair up, too?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: February 01, 2007, 01:00:14 PM »

Spring....I wonder if it is time for me to pair up, too?

Back to the Old Folks' Home?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2007, 01:10:28 PM »

Ron, you'll be happy to know, vis a vis yesterday's question about the new Intrada release, that through clever deduction (major composers of the era, studios that will license to that label, and a few other things) Nick and I have narrowed it down to five titles, two of which we pretty much discount.  Hence, we have narrowed it down to three titles - we're told we're VERY warm, which means it's one of the three.

Have any of the three been named in that FSM Messageboard thread?  Including the one Lukas, himself, suggested as a possibility?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2007, 01:11:09 PM »

A very Kerry Birthday to DR Kerry!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2007, 01:12:04 PM »

In honor of being hungry, I went to the restaurant at the Oakland Museum and had lentil soup, and meat loaf with a salad and roasted potatoes w/garlic cloves.

It is, after all, Thursday.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2007, 01:12:27 PM »

And to Donald as well!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2007, 01:13:24 PM »

bk and MattH or anyone who really keeps up on the business of TV -  In this day of darn-near-immediate computerized statistics for ratings being available all year round, doesn't the practice of "sweeps" months just seem ridiculous?  Or at least kind of silly?

For the national ratings it is totally silly, but for smaller and average sized TV markets that don't get overnight ratings but instead still have ratings "books," Nielsen only can afford to do this three times a year.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2007, 01:14:25 PM »

Egrets?  I've had a few.  But then again, too few to mention.

So I won't.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2007, 01:14:52 PM »

A very Kerry Birthday to DR Kerry!!!

And just think, starting tomorrow...and lasting every day through January 31st of next year, he can have "a very Kerry UNbirthday"!

« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 01:15:23 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2007, 01:18:26 PM »

Statistics prove, prove that you've ONE birthday. ONE birthday every year. But there are 364 UN-Birthdays, and that is why we gather here to say...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2007, 01:21:59 PM »

...a very merry unbirthday...to you...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #225 on: February 01, 2007, 01:22:34 PM »

...and you...and me....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #226 on: February 01, 2007, 01:23:09 PM »

On behalf of Elmore3003:

Matt H.

« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2007, 01:27:24 PM »

I finshed the episode of BONES that I had started last night and hadn't finished: the one with the kidnapped child. Zeljko Ivanek played the father.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2007, 01:27:32 PM »

Any other Quizno's fans here? I really dig a couple of their sandwiches.

Matt H.

« Reply #229 on: February 01, 2007, 01:29:32 PM »

I watched another one, the one with the man found sealed in the 1958 bomb shelter. Among my three favorite episodes of the entire first season.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: February 01, 2007, 01:30:04 PM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2007, 01:32:20 PM »

I missed MEDIUM last night.  I had to watch the TOP CHEF finale.  Lordy, that Marcel had no personnel skills.  I'm convinced that's why he lost.

DR RonPulliam, the blasted flaming zero lady just did her commercial.  She does the damned thing about twice an hour.  It's worse than her screaming nightclub act in their earlier commercial.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #232 on: February 01, 2007, 01:35:02 PM »

Any other Quizno's fans here? I really dig a couple of their sandwiches.

Like the Stakehouse Beef Dip!  Yum!

(though I haven't had one since my attack of the heart--I need to check out the risk factor on that one.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #233 on: February 01, 2007, 01:36:35 PM »

Drilzle, dralzle, dreezle, drome,
Time for this one to go home...
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #234 on: February 01, 2007, 01:41:24 PM »

I missed MEDIUM last night.  I had to watch the TOP CHEF finale.  Lordy, that Marcel had no personnel skills.  I'm convinced that's why he lost.

You've just save me the trouble of looking it up.

I was so INCENSED last week when that sniveling woman chef decided she had to state that Marcel had no respect for the kitchen or the food, and that he cheated....and then couldn't back up anything she said with any example that wasn't childish and ridiculous.

Yes, Marcel was his own special being.  But they were such bitches.  They were pretty selfish in their own rights.

I'd have loved to see Marcel win, but...oh, well.  He was better than all the rest of those who went home.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 01:42:18 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Cillaliz

« Reply #235 on: February 01, 2007, 01:46:48 PM »

Ah, the day is winding down. I didn't get everything done I wanted to, but I've done enough.  Everyone here is being SOOO nice today, but then they always are to my face.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #236 on: February 01, 2007, 01:51:03 PM »

It's actually been a pretty good day.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #237 on: February 01, 2007, 02:02:43 PM »

Tonight is opening night for the LACC One-Acts (...thank God!...), so opening night vibes - and opening afternoon vibes for the other bill - would be very much appreciated!  And with that, I am off to the races...er...I mean, to get ready for the shows.  I get to be the House Manager for this afternoon's Blue Bill performance, after which I get to ready myself for the Red Bill's big night.  

MUCH OPENING NIGHT LEG BREAKAGE (but not literally) TO CASON AND PERFORMERS!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: February 01, 2007, 02:12:56 PM »

You've just save me the trouble of looking it up.

I was so INCENSED last week when that sniveling woman chef decided she had to state that Marcel had no respect for the kitchen or the food, and that he cheated....and then couldn't back up anything she said with any example that wasn't childish and ridiculous.

Yes, Marcel was his own special being.  But they were such bitches.  They were pretty selfish in their own rights.

I'd have loved to see Marcel win, but...oh, well.  He was better than all the rest of those who went home.

I was supporting Ilan or Sam, not just because they're New Yorkers, but because they seemed like good guys.  Elia blew her credibility last week when she pulled the sore loser routine.  In the cookoff last night, Marcel's lack of personnel skills and abrasive attitude to his support team screwed his chances of winning because the chefs who assisted had to report to the judges what the work experience was like.  Ilan came off as a supportive boss and a patient organized chef.  Marcel lost one of his courses because his record keeping was poor and he left it behind, so Sam had to help him rethink the course.  He may be a good cook, but he needs to grow up and learn two words: humility and generosity.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 02:13:32 PM by elmore3003 »

Matt H.

« Reply #239 on: February 01, 2007, 02:25:44 PM »

I next watched ANOTHER GAY MOVIE, a gay carbon copy of AMERICAN PIE. To say that it was a broadly played farce is to underestimate the cartoonishness of the portrayals. I'll admit I laughed in a couple of places, but the movie went out of its way to be as raunchy as it could be, and that kind of humor wears itself out fast for me.

James Getzlaff, the guy looking for love on BOY MEETS BOY reality show some years ago, played a jock named Beau, and because he was playing it as a real person rather than a cartoon, he was the most appealing for me. Of course, his naturalistic performance really didn't fit into this broad comic world (where Lipsynka plays the mother of one of the guys), but he was definitely the character I liked best. Better to do a film about him.

Graham Norton played one of the high school teachers of the boys (one of the guys has a huge crush on him), and he had some funny moments. Scott Thompson and Richard Hatch (post SURVIVOR, pre-jail) also were in the film.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up