Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TRIPLE PLAY  (Read 25226 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:TRIPLE PLAY
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2006, 08:06:34 PM »

Did InterAct forget Matt's work in DECEIT?

they have not updated his bio in awhile....

Matt also did 1776 with Interact.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2006, 08:07:32 PM »

well we slide right into page 6
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2006, 08:07:52 PM »

Next came two episodes of GREY'S ANATOMY shown back-to-back. Both of these were from the first season. The first one was a basically feel good episode with good things working out for everyone.

The second episode was payback time with many of the cast paying prices for their good deeds or relationships. This was the episode where we first learned that Dr. Shepherd (McDreamy) was married.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2006, 08:09:19 PM »

Matt was fantastic in Deceit...

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: August 03, 2006, 08:10:11 PM »

I finished the evening with tonight's CSI postpopned by an hour via the DVR. I remembered most everything about the episode very early as far as the identity of the murderer, but there was a special twist at the end after the identity of the killer was revealed that I had forgotten about.

Also, it was fun to see more subtle clues planted in the season's episodes suggesting the cliffhanger surprise we got with Sarah and Grissom at season's end.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2006, 08:11:23 PM »

TCB, what musicals have you done??

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2006, 08:12:14 PM »

The book I started this afternoon was written by former figure skater and Olympic judge Jon Jackson. It's partly an autobiography but also anonfiction account of the complex judging machinations that go on behind the scenes of major skating competitions, especially those which culminated in the judging scandal at the Olympics a few years ago.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2006, 08:18:21 PM »

MattH, have you ever heard of a book called Wee Girls? Right now the editor's name escapes me but it is the Irish Women's experience in Austraila and New Zealand and it is a collection of short stories.

I actually got to meet Cecelia Ahern a few years ago when I went to Minneapolis to see the Chieftains and she was signing copies of her book, PS I love you. It is a fun read and I enjoyed it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2006, 08:18:45 PM »

I wish I had something to report, but I don't.

Meanwhile I wish everybody well through this muggy heatwave.

Thanks, Rodzinski, it was almost 78 here today.
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2006, 08:19:19 PM »

TCB, have you ever done 1776 or Urinetown?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2006, 08:20:39 PM »

WE are supposed to hit 90 tomorrow. July was warm here and we had several days in the 100s and that is unusual for this part of the country. It has been a strange summer and we have been very, very dry.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2006, 08:23:55 PM »

Grain harvest has started in North Dakota. In some areas of the state, the crop is such poor qaulity they are just swathing it for straw. Here in the REd River Valley, the qaulity is not bad but the qauntity is not there...

I am hoping it is not overly hot when classes start for many of the classrooms and dorms do not have AC!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: August 03, 2006, 08:24:55 PM »

I hope Laura takes pictures when she meets up with bk....

I send good luck vibes for the cabaret shows tonight and tomorrow!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2006, 08:25:03 PM »

Susan Hayward is Wanting to Live all over the place on TCM....and soon she will be waiting to Cry Tomorrow.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2006, 08:25:51 PM »

Good cat news & travel news from DR CILLA LIZ.

Great gig news from MR BK....just remember all of those kids you waded through the other day to get to your rehearsal will soon be auditioning for YOU.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2006, 08:26:13 PM »

The Phoenix Theatre has listed MUSICAL OF MUSICALS on its season for next year.....hmmmmmm

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2006, 08:29:56 PM »

A meat processor in Detroit Lakes, MN made a mosnter brat for national Bratwurst day...

It weighted 191 lbs!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 08:32:46 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2006, 08:38:06 PM »

http://broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=11296

Here is another article about Urinetown

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2006, 08:38:10 PM »

MattH, have you ever heard of a book called Wee Girls?

No, I've never heard of this book.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2006, 08:40:50 PM »

No one commented on it yesterday when it started making the rounds of internet sites (or if someone did, I missed it), but I think Hugh Jackman is a great idea for Billy Bigelow in a remake of the CAROUSEL film.

I wonder who's being considered to direct? Or to play Julie?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2006, 08:42:38 PM »

TCB, what musicals have you done??

Wow, that is kind of tough without my bio in front of me; but off the top of my head:

MUSIC MAN, CARNIVAL, SOUND OF MUSIC, THE FANTASTICKS (Twice), HELLO DOLLY (Twice), SHE LOVES ME, MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS, THE BAKER'S WIFE, SIDE BY SIDE BY SONDHEIM, A WONDERFUL LIFE, SCROOGE, CABARET, COMPANY, SWEET CHARITY, 42ND STREET, OLIVER (Twice), BAH, HUMBUG, THE AMOROUS FLEA, MY FAIR LADY, and ANNIE GET YOUR GUN.

I have never really specialized in musicals, I usually get asked to do them.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2006, 08:43:39 PM »

I've done '1776' twice. The first time I played Caesar Rodney (far from my first choice of roles since he's off stage for such a long stretch).

The second time I did it I was down to the last two in being considered for John Dickinson which I REALLY wanted. Alas, I missed it and got Judge Wilson instead. He has some wonderful moments in the show, and I enjoyed playing it, but the part isn't as rich as Dickinson, of course.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2006, 08:45:19 PM »

The Phoenix Theatre has listed MUSICAL OF MUSICALS on its season for next year.....hmmmmmm

The show is funny -- once.  I gave away my CD after hearing it for the second time.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2006, 08:46:06 PM »

No, I've never heard of this book.

It is a fun book to read but it also has some sadness. It is a collection of short stories and poems written by Austrailian and New Zealand female authors of Irish ancestry. An interesting twist.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2006, 08:47:21 PM »

TCB, have you ever done 1776 or Urinetown?

I was supposed to do 1776 in June, but I decided to have my hip replaced, instead.  Which is kind of like wishing I had gotten a root canal instead of doing SWEET CHARITY.

I have never done URINETOWN.
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2006, 08:47:30 PM »

I was up way too late last night, so I'm off to bed now hopefully for a longer sleep.

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2006, 08:47:34 PM »

I've done '1776' twice. The first time I played Caesar Rodney (far from my first choice of roles since he's off stage for such a long stretch).

The second time I did it I was down to the last two in being considered for John Dickinson which I REALLY wanted. Alas, I missed it and got Judge Wilson instead. He has some wonderful moments in the show, and I enjoyed playing it, but the part isn't as rich as Dickinson, of course.

When Matt Ashford did 1776, he played the plum role of Jefferson.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2006, 08:48:41 PM »

I was supposed to do 1776 in June, but I decided to have my hip replaced, instead.  Which is kind of like wishing I had gotten a root canal instead of doing SWEET CHARITY.

I have never done URINETOWN.

TCB, you have a done a wide variety of different musicals. I am intrigued by the premise of Urinetown and I wuold like to see it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2006, 08:50:49 PM »

Perhaps someday you can do 1776 TCB...

I have seen the movie version of it once, years ago and I enjoyed it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2006, 08:52:53 PM »

TCB, you have a done a wide variety of different musicals. I am intrigued by the premise of Urinetown and I wuold like to see it.

The touring company was through this area last year, so I imagine it will start being done around here quite frequently.  I beleive a theater in Olympia did it this season.  One of our local theaters is doing THE FULL MONTY next season... AND, NO, I will not be auditioning.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up