Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: RHAPSODY IN BLUE  (Read 27808 times)

Ben

Re: RHAPSODY IN BLUE
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 06:17:15 AM »

Let's move to Page 2

Ben

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 06:17:34 AM »

Chengdu

Ben

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 06:17:43 AM »

It's a city in China

Ben

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 06:17:58 AM »

It's in the province of Sichuan

Ben

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2008, 06:18:26 AM »

I had to make a correction because the city was listed as Sichuan when it should have been Chengdu

Ben

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 06:18:48 AM »

Aren't you glad you're getting this geographical education?

Ben

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 06:19:13 AM »

I'm also drinking really bad coffee.

Ben

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2008, 06:20:11 AM »

I could just go downstairs to the deli or to Au Big Pain (Au Bon Pain) and get coffee but I only have a $20 and I don't like buying a cup of coffee for $1.10 and giving them a twenty so I'll just suffer.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 06:20:44 AM »

Speaking of Wall-E (yesterday), I saw it in the theater and LOVED it!  I can't wait to get the DVD. ;D

I absolutely loved the first half of WALL-E but I felt only so-so about the second.  The humans coming into the story seemed like an intrusion.  And then there was the pack of misfit robot pals that aid in the rescue--I hated seeing that part of the Pixar formula thrust in.  But all in all, it is a beautifully animated movie and Wall-E, for a character that had only two(?) words to his vocabulary, was incredibly actualized.  And its message was very powerful.  I think I got a little teary-eyed during the end credits.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2008, 06:20:54 AM »

Hey, I'm a frenzy!

or

Hey, I'm depraved on accounta I'm deprived!

Ben

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 06:21:17 AM »

West Side Story for those of you wondering (and I'm sure there were some of you out there wondering)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 06:48:43 AM by Ben »

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 06:25:56 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Today I'm hosting my last brownbag lunch event for local nonprofit folks.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 06:27:03 AM »

Vibes and prayers for DR Vixmom!!!.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2008, 06:27:29 AM »

That's all we have in work is bad coffee.  We have one of those machines where you put in a single-serving packet and it spits out this dark liquid that tastes like hot water with a brown crayon melted in it.  The machine is somewhat fun to use.  The coffee drinking is anything but.

We do have a coffee club that has their own drip coffee maker, but I've belonged to groups liek that before and they never work out.  The person in charge of buying the supplies gradually gets fed up with people not paying up in time and starts buying cheaper and cheaper brands of coffee.  Eventually, there's a big blow-up and not one talks to each other and that's the end of the coffee club.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Kerry

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2008, 06:30:21 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Today I'm hosting my last brownbag lunch event for local nonprofit folks.

I used to have to organize those in my last job.  They could be a real pain.
I like boat races.

singdaw

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2008, 06:30:22 AM »

We do have a coffee club that has their own drip coffee maker, but I've belonged to groups liek that before and they never work out.  The person in charge of buying the supplies gradually gets fed up with people not paying up in time and starts buying cheaper and cheaper brands of coffee.  Eventually, there's a big blow-up and not one talks to each other and that's the end of the coffee club.

Sounds like fun...where do I sign up?   :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2008, 06:34:51 AM »

* * * * *  More Vibes and Thoughts and Prayers and Hugs for DR Vixmom!  * * * * *

DR Vixmom, it's so great that you have all these medical peeps who are looking out for you!  You must already be putting out your own terrific vibes and positive energy to attract this kind of energy back to you.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2008, 06:37:30 AM »

Sounds like fun...where do I sign up?   :)

Hey, Guys--I found another patsy fool stooge volunteer coffee buyer for your club!
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2008, 06:37:58 AM »

I used to have to organize those in my last job.  They could be a real pain.

Well, they were more fun when I was the assistant or, after I became in charge, had a supportive person in our PR department.  The last year or so, I've pretty much been on my own and it's a lot of work.  But, our clientele depends on the networking opportunity, so it's worth it.  I only hope one of the 3 people being interviewed today to replace me feels the same way!

Laura

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2008, 06:41:44 AM »

Good morning. That is all.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2008, 06:43:07 AM »

Hmmm...time for another cup of coffee.

Should I get the one with the Hazelnut crayon dipped in it, or the one with the French Vanilla crayon dipped in it?
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2008, 06:44:15 AM »

Wednesday......

My question for ASK BK DAY....if you could have any of your favorite composers RE-SCORE a film in his own style....which composer and which film would you choose?

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2008, 06:44:32 AM »

Go for the Hazelnut, DR DtM.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2008, 06:50:25 AM »

Go for the Hazelnut, DR DtM.

Ah, you must have your tarot cards layed out in front of you, DR JRand--that's exactly what I picked.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2008, 06:50:43 AM »

Should I get the one with the Hazelnut crayon dipped in it, or the one with the French Vanilla crayon dipped in it?

'tis the season for Gingerbread or Pumpkin Spice latte...

Ben

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2008, 06:51:00 AM »

That's all we have in work is bad coffee.  We have one of those machines where you put in a single-serving packet and it spits out this dark liquid that tastes like hot water with a brown crayon melted in it.

I LOVE the image of a brown crayon melted into the water  :D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2008, 06:53:27 AM »

'tis the season for Gingerbread or Pumpkin Spice latte...

That sounds good, too!  With a carrot cake muffin, perhaps?
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2008, 06:55:24 AM »

I'm now drinking water out of my Showtime water bottle to get the taste of the bad coffee out of my mouth.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2008, 06:55:40 AM »

Good morning, all!  At some point today I have to take a trip to the Loesser office and drop off this chart for Jo, hopefully visit for a bit with my friend Joseph, and head home. Until I know my schedule, I've got MOST HAPPY FELLA, Act One, sitting here, and my church job work.

Today, unless I hear otherwise, the sale of the 10 feet of land lying between my dad's house and the highway will close and I am very happy. Now, if we can only sell the remaining 3.5 acres! The closing should occur within the next 45 minutes. Bless those HHW vibes!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2008, 06:57:24 AM »

Well, I'm off to the second floor auditorium, to set up the refreshments, load the AV, make sure the furniture is arranged properly, fix lunch for the guest speakers, and sparklingly greet people as they arrive.  If the speakers don't show up, I'll have to do the program, too (that has happened...)

Bye for now!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up