Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THROES OF APRIL  (Read 59970 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:THE THROES OF APRIL
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2007, 09:21:54 AM »

Laura, Chocolate is a food group all on its own.

have you tried dark chocolate?

I have a Cadbury's Dark Chocolate bar in my desk drawer for emergencies.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2007, 09:22:28 AM »

Now if only DR Edisaurus's recent mishap had also been an April Fool's joke...     >:(

Ain't THAT the truth! I don't think I got around to expressing my sorrow about that, DR Edi, but I am truly sorry that happened to you. I've been to NYC dozens of times without anything like that happening. Just a shame!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2007, 09:23:14 AM »

At some point, I will try to catch up.  But I have been busy, and therefor errant and truant.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2007, 09:23:21 AM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8] Page 4 [/size][/shadow]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:29:56 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2007, 09:23:48 AM »

I just read that the next big musical collection coming from Warners arrives on July 24th:

THE PIRATE
ROYAL WEDDING
THE BELLE OF NEW YORK
WORDS & MUSIC
THE TOAST OF NEW ORLEANS
THAT MIDNIGHT KISS
THAT'S DANCING!

WOW!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2007, 09:24:26 AM »

Der Brucer told me about what happened, DR Edi.  Vibage for getting all your cards and ID replaced ASAP.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2007, 09:24:34 AM »

I will send you a PM... It is a family board you know....

Vibes for DR DakotaCelt's PM.

singdaw

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »

And...speaking of DR Edisaurus...

When will we find out if S&V did well enough to get that one week extension?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »

Love Nutella on English Muffins or toast....

Vibes for your particular taste for Nutella.

singdaw

« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2007, 09:25:15 AM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2007, 09:26:04 AM »

I finished watched "Lost: Season 2" yesterday afternoon.  Most illluminating at this remove (mid-season 3).

singdaw

« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2007, 09:26:44 AM »

But I have been busy, and therefor errant and truant.

As long as you don't lead the grandlads into errancy and truancy.   ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2007, 09:28:50 AM »

Well, I guess I'll head downstairs now to get cleaned up for my lunch out.

WBBL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2007, 09:29:31 AM »

I saw "Happy Feet" yesterday afternoon.

WONderful!

I appreciate DR Jose's concerns about the "dark" parts of the film, but I truly didn't find them any darker than "Bambi" or "The Little Mermaid".

And don't forget....those Grimm fairy tales are far more terrifying in their original forms than the watered-down versions we've been treated to since the Eisenhower era.

I'm thinking that post-WWII concerns were to remove "horror" from the lives of children after almost a decade of a world war.

I think it's high time the little bas...errr..ummm dears got some exposure to the dark side.  It might offset their explorations of it in their late teens (i.e. Goths).

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2007, 09:30:28 AM »

I'm a bit achey today.

Yesterday, I ended up on cart-wrangling duty for about half my shift.  One of our regular weekend wranglers called out, and the other was called away after half his shift on something or other.  So out I went, wrangling those carts again.  And we were busy, what with Passover, Easter, and general Springiness taking place.  It amounted to a lot of carts being wrangled.

I got home, and just laid myself down, semi-napping.

Fletcher, the pinto pony Dalmatian, came in and laid on top of me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2007, 09:30:51 AM »

;D

Probably only you....and I luvs ya for it!

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2007, 09:32:14 AM »

I have a question for those who celebrate Passover.  Can you eat olives?
I say you can.  I know peas, beans and corn are out.

I tried to look online. There was nothing specific either way. And there were a few Passover recipes that had olives in them. So i'm not sure.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2007, 09:33:18 AM »

I'm a bit achey today.

Yesterday, I ended up on cart-wrangling duty for about half my shift.  One of our regular weekend wranglers called out, and the other was called away after half his shift on something or other.  So out I went, wrangling those carts again.  And we were busy, what with Passover, Easter, and general Springiness taking place.  It amounted to a lot of carts being wrangled.

I got home, and just laid myself down, semi-napping.

Fletcher, the pinto pony Dalmatian, came in and laid on top of me.

I hope der B lets you get some much-needed rest.  

It always amazed me that my cats intuited when I was really hurting.  They didn't care if I just wasn't "in the mood"...they'd bully me into doing whatever they willed.

But whenever I was down for the count, they really stepped up and empathized.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2007, 09:33:46 AM »

« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:35:56 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2007, 09:34:53 AM »

I just read that the next big musical collection coming from Warners arrives on July 24th:

THE PIRATE
ROYAL WEDDING
THE BELLE OF NEW YORK
WORDS & MUSIC
THE TOAST OF NEW ORLEANS
THAT MIDNIGHT KISS
THAT'S DANCING!

WOW!

Holy Doo Doo!  A dream come true on three of those titles.  I sure hope they did some ultra-resolution on them (if possible).

I have high hopes for a clean, great-sounding "Words and Music" and "Belle of New York."  

I'm hoping "The Pirate" is glorious in its color palette.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:38:09 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2007, 09:35:46 AM »

I caught the Saturday 3pm showing of SACCO AND VANZETTI and found it to be a wonderful treatment of the events. The images of these two guys are haunting in their nobility, especially when one knows how things turned out. Highly recommended.

singdaw

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2007, 09:39:39 AM »

I have a question for those who celebrate Passover.  Can you eat olives?

Jennifer - I'm certainly no expert, but in my minimal Google research, it appears that there are new Kosher products appearing on the market all the time, and if you can find olives marked "Kosher for Passover" on the label, you're good to go.  But most general olive products would probably not be OK.

Jennifer

« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2007, 09:42:16 AM »

Yesterday DR Jose asked some questions about TAR:
DR Jennifer - Thanks for the rules clarification.

Now...  If a team did not complete the FF, would they get another opportunity to complete it?  Or would they have to go on to the other tasks?

At first i was not sure what you meant by this.  Do you mean if they started it but did not finish it could they do another ff in the future?  Or would they be able to keep trying till they got it?

Or since the task last night required counting stairs i wasn't sure if you meant could they just keep guessing.

There are not very many fast forwards in the entire race. For instance in this TAR this has been the first one.  And since the teams were intersected (2 teams competing together) it was sort of a stupid place to put it IMO. Since the other groupings were hours behind.

Normally when you have a ff 2 teams can try to go for it at the same time. It can be risky since if you don't get it you lose a lot of time and have to go back and complete all the regular tasks that the other teams have to do. But if you get it then you are basically guaranteed first place.

That is why you saw the beauty queens wonder if the other teams went for the ff (and they assumed correctly they did). Because if you know someone ahead of you went for it you would most likely not try for it.

Anyhow basically what DR Cillaliz wrote it true. If you don't complete the ff then you have to go back and do the regular tasks. But you can still do another ff in the future.  But the thing is they are not difficult. So as long as someone doesn't finish it before you there is no reason you wouldn't be able to complete it.

More comments from DR Jose:
Thanks, DR Cillaliz - That's what I thought.  It just wasn't specified on the program tonight what would have happened if they had not completed the FF.  -So, I'm guessing that means that they only had once "chance" to get it right -

I'm assuming here you mean if they had guessed the wrong number?

I don't think so. I think they would have been able to guess until they got it right. They've never had a task like that before i don't think where you had to guess a number. But i assume it is done like every other task. You guess a number, if it's wrong you go back and try to guess again. As long as nobody else gets it right before you guess again you are goo.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2007, 09:44:38 AM »

Happy Feet was one of three films der Grampa and I watched with the grandlads on Saturday - he may have mentioned this, I haven't gone back to check.

We first saw it with the grandlads when it was playing in the theaters, and DGL Alex immediately said he wanted it on DVD.  So, when it came out on DVD last week, I made a point of our buying it for them.  When we finally got the grandlads home after a long day away on Saturday, it immediately went into the DVD player, and the two grandlads were once again entranced.

Is it too dark?  I don't think so.  Clearly, the grandlads didn't think so.

My one quibble with the DVD is a brief live-action blurb before the film, which puts the over-fishing thread in the story in a spotlight.  I can't help thinking this politicizes the story in an unfortunate, sound-bitey manner.  I would have been much more comfortable if the filmmakers had instead had included a short educational documentary on the DVD, going into more detail with more facts and ideas.

The "dance lesson" with Savion Glover is a lot of fun.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2007, 09:46:27 AM »

Otay.  

Me, too!

:D
People are going to start wondering what this is about, if we keep deleting.   ::)

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2007, 09:49:14 AM »

Jennifer - I'm certainly no expert, but in my minimal Google research, it appears that there are new Kosher products appearing on the market all the time, and if you can find olives marked "Kosher for Passover" on the label, you're good to go.  But most general olive products would probably not be OK.

I'm not overly religious. So i'm not going to buy special olives (not even sure if they have those here). But i was just really curious if olives in general were okay.  

I have a bunch of special passover things. But things like juice or cream cheese ... i just use the regular stuff.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2007, 09:55:40 AM »

The first film we say on Saturday was Meet the Robinsons.  I thought the film was a lot of fun, rather twisty in how it was set up (like any good time-travel film), with a satisfactory ending.

The gimmick of MtR being presented in digital 3-D wasn't overplayed, thankfully.  And the polarized glasses didn't give me a headache.  I thought at first that might be a problem, because the short cartoon Working for Peanuts (1953, Donald Duck with Chip and Dale, being shown in theaters for the first time since it's initial release) was a little hard on the eyes.  Instead, I think the relatively crude 3-D art in the short was to blame.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2007, 09:56:50 AM »

I love to sing-a!
About the moon-a
And the June-a
And the spring-a!
I love to sing-a!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2007, 10:02:59 AM »

After a trip to a bookstore and a pizza parlor, we all headed into a different theater to see The Last Mimzy.  The grandlads enjoyed it, and it wasn't terribly hard to follow but, it seemed to me, a whole lot of effort with not much "wow" by the end of the story.  The Seattle locations were nice.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2007, 10:03:40 AM »

Is June-a Spring-a related to Jerry?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19   Go Up