Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COMPUTER GOES TO BURBANK  (Read 2387 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE COMPUTER GOES TO BURBANK
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2016, 08:44:49 AM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2016, 08:50:05 AM »

TOD:

CHIMES AT MIDNIGHT
THE IMMORTAL STORY

And, the last 4 episodes of THE WALKING DEAD, Season 6
You can dream…or you can do.

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2016, 09:02:57 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  Ten of us gathered here last night for my book group's annual potluck dinner and movie night.  The Honey Baked ham and turkey were a hit and the sides that everyone else brought were delicious.  Surprisingly, no one brought a dessert, but Marianne brought some fabulous chocolates from her native Germany.  After dinner we took over the family room to watch ROOM on the big TV.  We all agreed that the book was better than the movie, but the movie was fine.  Seeing it convinced some who hadn't read the book to do so.  Lynne took my copy home with her.

What was the movie?

DR Elmore, we watched the movie version of Emma Donoghue's novel ROOM.  Brie Larson won the Best Actress Oscar this year for playing the mother. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:15:02 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2016, 09:35:40 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - seven hours of sleep.  I shall shortly be on my way to the computer place.

ChasSmith

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2016, 09:42:12 AM »

Act One congratulations to DR Elmore...

And editing-on-computer-screen sympathies!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2016, 09:46:01 AM »

Computer repair vibes for MR BK.

Ditto!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2016, 10:25:59 AM »

Tom posted this last night:
Although, auditions for IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE are in late September; they won't start rehearsals until October.

I was going to audition for this, but Theater Artists Olympia will be doing Moliere's "The Physician in Spite of Himself" in December, and I've been cast in that!  For the first time since The Midnight Sun became TAO's home, I finally get to act in one of their shows! :D

Wow!  That is wonderful.  Congratulations.

Thanks, Tom!

Congrats to George!!!

Thanks, Fred!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2016, 10:26:37 AM »

Although, auditions for IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE are in late September; they won't start rehearsals until October.

I was going to audition for this, but Theater Artists Olympia will be doing Moliere's "The Physician in Spite of Himself" in December, and I've been cast in that!  For the first time since The Midnight Sun became TAO's home, I finally get to act in one of their shows! :D

Congrats.

Thanks, Michael!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2016, 10:26:57 AM »

Congratulations.

Thanks, Jane!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2016, 10:28:15 AM »

Congratulations.

Thanks, Jane!

Add my congratulations to those of everyone else.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2016, 10:29:08 AM »

Computer repair vibes for MR BK.

~~~DITTO!!~~~

George

« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2016, 10:34:14 AM »

Might take the folks to see Ben-Hur this weekend.

I don't mean to dissuade you from going, but a co-worker of mine read a review that gave in one-half star.  That's it...just one half of a star.  Rotten Tomatoes gives it just 30%, but the audience give it 58%.  That's better, and what is more important. :)

George

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2016, 10:35:21 AM »

Athens, Greece, is "my city.  I say that because on my first visit there in 1974, I was with a group that wanted to see certain things but we were left in the city without a map.  For some reason, my internal compass took over and at every turn, I led us to specific locations, including the Acropolis (which is rather hard to miss in general, but when you're on a street without a vista of the Acropolis, you don't really know where to turn). 

In 1975, I was assigned to the Armed Forces Radio Station at Athenai Air Base.  It was meant to be a two-year tour.  Sadly, it lasted only three months because the government asked the military (specifically, the U.S. Navy) to withdraw as a result of its dissatisfaction over NATO's non-involvement in the Cyprus affair.   Still, in that three months, I wallowed in Athens.  Never got lost.  Always felt I belonged there....that I had BEEN there at some point in my past.  I even had cognitive dreams about places and people that eventually happened.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

But it's a great story, Ron. :)

George

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2016, 10:36:01 AM »

Congratulations.

Thanks, Jane!

Add my congratulations to those of everyone else.

Thanks, Ron!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2016, 10:55:05 AM »

Might take the folks to see Ben-Hur this weekend.

I don't mean to dissuade you from going, but a co-worker of mine read a review that gave in one-half star.  That's it...just one half of a star.  Rotten Tomatoes gives it just 30%, but the audience give it 58%.  That's better, and what is more important. :)

Charlotte and I saw the previews at "Florence Foster Jenkins."  It looked as though the chariot race is using footage from the Charlton Heston version.  Watch the BBC version from 2010.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:22:24 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2016, 11:48:14 AM »

What I got from the BEN HUR previews is that they are saying Judah and Massalla are brothers.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2016, 11:48:36 AM »

And my congrats to DR GEORGE on his casting!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2016, 11:51:16 AM »

And my congrats to DR GEORGE on his casting!

Thanks, Jack!

Jane

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2016, 11:52:14 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  Ten of us gathered here last night for my book group's annual potluck dinner and movie night.  The Honey Baked ham and turkey were a hit and the sides that everyone else brought were delicious.  Surprisingly, no one brought a dessert, but Marianne brought some fabulous chocolates from her native Germany.  After dinner we took over the family room to watch ROOM on the big TV.  We all agreed that the book was better than the movie, but the movie was fine.  Seeing it convinced some who hadn't read the book to do so.  Lynne took my copy home with her.

I agree with your book group.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2016, 11:53:19 AM »

Back in the 70s, Dad won a trip to Italy through his work. One evening, they went to a gala that showed the chariot race on screens that surrounded the dining area. Afterward they opened the doors and let in live charioteers who drove their horses around the tables. They both still marvel at that memory.

8)

Jane

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2016, 11:58:29 AM »

Athens, Greece, is "my city.  I say that because on my first visit there in 1974, I was with a group that wanted to see certain things but we were left in the city without a map.  For some reason, my internal compass took over and at every turn, I led us to specific locations, including the Acropolis (which is rather hard to miss in general, but when you're on a street without a vista of the Acropolis, you don't really know where to turn). 

In 1975, I was assigned to the Armed Forces Radio Station at Athenai Air Base.  It was meant to be a two-year tour.  Sadly, it lasted only three months because the government asked the military (specifically, the U.S. Navy) to withdraw as a result of its dissatisfaction over NATO's non-involvement in the Cyprus affair.   Still, in that three months, I wallowed in Athens.  Never got lost.  Always felt I belonged there....that I had BEEN there at some point in my past.  I even had cognitive dreams about places and people that eventually happened.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

This is a great story.  I shall not have anywhere near the same experience.

I fell asleep in the middle of typing that, and then again.

'NIGHT

Jane

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2016, 11:59:40 AM »

Travel vibes for Jane and Keith.

Thanks.  Early tomorrow we are beginning a 4 day tour.

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2016, 12:04:54 PM »

I agree with your book group.

You'd fit right in, DR Jane!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2016, 12:11:04 PM »

Computer is at the shop and I'll hear from them this afternoon.  Tummy is a little yucky this morning.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2016, 12:52:35 PM »

Yucky tummy.  UGH!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2016, 12:52:49 PM »

The weekend looms.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2016, 12:52:59 PM »

I love me a weekend.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2016, 12:53:18 PM »

My next planned day off is Sept. 2....giving me a four-day weekend.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2016, 12:54:15 PM »

Meanwhile, I'm cleaning up small "backlogs."  I'm not making a fuss over them, I'm just doing them.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2016, 12:54:30 PM »

I'm making great headway, too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up