Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: TIMELINES  (Read 5796 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: TIMELINES
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2019, 03:52:05 PM »

Four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2019, 03:55:30 PM »

Monday afternoon greetings!  Just had a nice phone chat with DR Elmore who called to check on me.  Sorry, I hadn’t realized it’s been a week since I last posted here.  Last week was kind of busy and then I went to a crafty gathering in Columbus on Friday and Saturday.

I have gotten used to you being super busy these days.

Did you have fun in Columbus?

I did!  The event was Simon Says CREATE.  I passed on the $700 package of classes, but went for Friday afternoon coloring with Kathy Racoosin, who blogs as The Daily Marker.  Simon Says Stamp, an online retailer based in Columbus brought in 40 stamp companies to do make & takes.  That’s what I did on Saturday - made 17 little projects and chatted with lots of people I follow on YouTube.  The make & takes were all free, but SSS had a shop set up and I spent some $$$ there.

I am glad you enjoyed it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2019, 03:59:20 PM »

I spoke to my friend Janet who is one of the liaisons between the ACC and rescue groups.  She told me that if I want to adopt Scooter, he's mine and I cannot adopt him simply to save him and hand him over to someone else.  I am praying like mad that someone jumps in and adopts him before I am down to Sophie's Choice.

Did you contact a Boxer rescue group? He is part Boxer, yes?  Dog breed rescue groups will often get dogs out of shelters.

He's not a boxer; I believe he's a pocket pit bull, so he's a terrier.  There are hundreds of rescue groups all over the East Coast who check the kill lists daily, but they can only rescue if they have available foster homes.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 05:29:40 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2019, 04:08:10 PM »

Good book news from MR BK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2019, 04:10:41 PM »

Earlier this afternoon there was a police action at the house across the street......the ex wife tried to drive her truck through the front door and started an altercation with her ex's girlfriend....five police cars arrived.  The was a lot of yelling.  The husband/boyfriend was called home from work.

I think he must have an order of protection because the ex was taken away by the police....it's quiet now......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2019, 04:11:37 PM »

Earlier this afternoon there was a police action at the house across the street......the ex wife tried to drive her truck through the front door and started an altercation with her ex's girlfriend....five police cars arrived.  The was a lot of yelling.  The husband/boyfriend was called home from work.

I think he must have an order of protection because the ex was taken away by the police....it's quiet now......

Nasty.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2019, 04:15:45 PM »

How trailer trash!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2019, 04:19:15 PM »

Well, I need to be going.  I'm working concessions for a rental event.  I don't remember what it is (if I even knew to begin with ;) ), so I'm outta here.

Be back later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2019, 04:19:33 PM »

But before I go...
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2019, 04:19:41 PM »

Gratuitous Post #100!

George

« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2019, 04:19:54 PM »

And NOW I'm going! :D

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2019, 04:32:07 PM »

TOD - The Northland Playhouse in suburban Detroit, was a geodesic domed tent.  I have ticket stubs from “Charley’s Aunt” with Louis Nye and “The Owl and the Pussycat” with Yvette Mimieux, both from the summer of 1966.  I think the next year’s season was cut short when the Detroit riots broke out in July of 1967.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2019, 04:55:38 PM »

DR John G., that's a nice collection of summer stock memories.

But I'm shocked, shocked, to hear about "this and that". This was a cast of adults, right?

Yes. But they knew their audience: old people who would have been shocked at the real lyrics.

What's sad about that kind of thing is that such audiences should see how the Sisters up here at the Abbey LOVE and RESPECT theater, whether musicals or plays, and whatever the language or situation being portrayed. I can bear witness to their absolute enjoyment of a shock one-liner with no holds barred, and...  well, you get the point. The American populace at large should only be so enlightened.

ChasSmith

« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2019, 04:56:15 PM »

Welcome back, DR Ginny!

Thanks, DR ChasSmith!  Richard and I went to Skyline for lunch today...

Jealous.

+ 1

ChasSmith

« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2019, 04:57:48 PM »

The library just got a copy of Rene Clair's And Then There Were None. I hope they didn't pay much for it as the print is in terrible shape. Strange to see Walter Huston in black tie after watching him last week as a Chinese father in Dragon Seed.

The DVD's transfer is hideous. I grabbed a copy at one of the book sales last year and I just couldn't watch it.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2019, 05:58:45 PM »

I spoke to my friend Janet who is one of the liaisons between the ACC and rescue groups.  She told me that if I want to adopt Scooter, he's mine and I cannot adopt him simply to save him and hand him over to someone else.  I am praying like mad that someone jumps in and adopts him before I am down to Sophie's Choice.

Did you contact a Boxer rescue group? He is part Boxer, yes?  Dog breed rescue groups will often get dogs out of shelters.

He's not a boxer; I believe he's a pocket pit bull, so he's a terrier.  There are hundreds of rescue groups all over the East Coast who check the kill lists daily, but they can only rescue if they have available foster homes.

I should have returned and looked at him again, sorry.

VIBES HE IS RESCUED!

Jane

« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2019, 05:59:13 PM »

Oh my.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2019, 05:59:30 PM »

DR Jrand do you like your across the street neighbors?

John G.

« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2019, 06:12:30 PM »

The library just got a copy of Rene Clair's And Then There Were None. I hope they didn't pay much for it as the print is in terrible shape. Strange to see Walter Huston in black tie after watching him last week as a Chinese father in Dragon Seed.

The DVD's transfer is hideous. I grabbed a copy at one of the book sales last year and I just couldn't watch it.

I did enjoy it. Clair was an odd choice for director given his comedies and musicals. But I almost think that worked in his favor. The three-hour miniseries from a couple of years ago was so depressing and laden with dark sexuality that a 90-minute version with a somewhat happy ending brought a bit of welcome relief.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2019, 06:15:29 PM »

The mint in the garden is gorgeous and I'm trying to find ways of using it. I made it in the French style with peas, butter and torn mint leaves. (I also have a soup version of the same I may make.) I made an Indian salad with apple, tomato and radishes with both mint and parsley from the garden.

Any suggestions from anyone else? I have plenty of mint syrup in the freezer for juleps. I also have made mint julep jelly in the past.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2019, 06:26:20 PM »

A mojito is good with fresh mint.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2019, 06:52:08 PM »

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

John G.

« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2019, 06:53:07 PM »

I'm an hour into The Last Movie. It's neither the best nor the worst thing I've ever seen. The extras say the part was created with Ben Johnson in mind. I think he would have been better than Hopper, who may be too stoned to be interesting. Also, the scene where he beats up his girlfriend has made me lose any sympathy for him.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2019, 07:04:24 PM »

I ordered a Jamie Ford novel for my friend. It's called Love and Other Consolation Prizes. I got Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet from the library for myself. Sounds good. It I really like it, I may get her a copy before their trip.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2019, 08:21:26 PM »

It's Benadryl time. Good night, all.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2019, 09:22:21 PM »

The last time there was police activity on my street, it was in front of my house. One of the neighbors called; we didn't get involved.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2019, 09:23:16 PM »

We had a very nice walk today. I was surprised at how far we walked. Nothing like we used to -- but considering her physical condition, she did really well.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2019, 10:19:21 PM »

I ordered a Jamie Ford novel for my friend. It's called Love and Other Consolation Prizes. I got Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet from the library for myself. Sounds good. It I really like it, I may get her a copy before their trip.

I hope you both enjoy the books.

Where exactly is your friend going?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up