Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MOLD PEOPLE  (Read 15626 times)

MBarnum

Re:THE MOLD PEOPLE
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2004, 08:54:11 PM »

India didn't have a film industry back then?

::)

LOL! Well, believe it or not I have not been able to stomach Bollywood movies from the late 70s and 1980s any better then I can their American counterparts! LOL!

Although there is a Bollywood movie from that era called DISCO DANCER that I have considered picking up simply because I LOVE the soundtrack!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2004, 08:55:03 PM »

So you were extra terrestial today. Did you phone home?

Not just today, DR MS. I'm ALWAYS an extraterrestrial

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2004, 09:25:32 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from yet another day of walking, bussing and Metro-ing around L.A.  Oh, and there was some rehearsing today too which went very well!

*I have yet to read today's posts, but just wanted to check in and say that I'll be back later.  I got another "care package" in the mail today of my mail.  And Steve even packed some birthday surprises in it for me! :)  -Oh, and I need to finish sorting out the bills and the various credit card and health insurance offers - I think I've hit 12 already!!  Guess what I'll be mailing off tomorrow morning!?!?!?

AND...

I called some people back home in Richmond this afternoon.  Apparently, Richmond is more or less flooded at this point.  The rain they received today has supposedly caused more water and flood damage than Hurricane Isabel caused last year in some areas.  -Of course, most of of Isabel's damage was wind-induced, but still...

My friend, Mark, who has finally recovered after weeks of battling walking pneumonia, came home from work this afternoon to find four inches of water in his basement apartment.  Thankfully, he sounded in good spirits, and his upstairs neighbor was loaning him some dry clothes and a couch for the evening.  And my friend, Bob, was stranded at a gas station since on either side of him the roads were flooded out.  Hopefully, he was able to get back on the road by now.  I'm just hoping that my apartment is all right - at least the roof got fixed a few weeks ago, and I'm in a "higher" neighborhood in regards to the river and normal flood levels.  So...

And, of course, there are at least three more possible storm systems due in by the end of the week, so...  *I'm guessing DR MattH may be dealing with some wet weather right now too.

Good Dry Vibes for my friends in Richmond, if you please.  Thanks.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2004, 09:29:30 PM »

From Today's VARIETY. No comment necessary (from me, anyway). I can hardly wait for yours!

TBS reality show a real drag
Cabler, Evolution drags out skein

By DENISE MARTIN

TBS and Evolution Film & TapeEvolution Film & Tape have a lady's eye for the straight guy.

CablerCabler and Evolution have teamed for the original reality series "He's a Lady," in which macho men go cross-dressing for a cash prize.

TBS greenlit production on the project earlier this year but kept the show's conceit under wraps .

In the series, 11 men are fooled into thinking they are about to compete in physical challenges on a show called "All American Man." The twist: To get at the $250,000 prize, the guys will have to undergo makeovers and live like ladies, fooling the outside world.

Contestants will live together while training in how to be a supermodel and wedding planning; they will later serve as bridesmaids. They will also have to complete a challenge back in their hometowns, all the while remaining in character in front of family and friends.

Show will culminate in a beauty pageant where they will be asked "What, as a lady, have you learned about being a man?"

Celeb judges include Morgan Fairchild ("The Seduction"), John Salley ("The Best Damn Sports Show Period") and Debbie Matenopoulos ("Good Day Live").

"He's a Lady" premieres Oct. 12.

Panni

« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2004, 09:31:51 PM »

Jose - I'm curious -- have you found a use yet for your birthday lizards?

Tomovoz

« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2004, 09:36:55 PM »

Best of dry vibes to those in need on the East Coast.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2004, 10:05:39 PM »

Some guy from another Australian State just emailed me.! He claims to know td. Weird world.

It's my world, not a lost one, and welcome to it!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Tomovoz

« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2004, 10:21:51 PM »

A world where:
"newspaper taxis appear on the shore
Waiting to take me away".
(best I could do td.)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2004, 10:23:29 PM »

I'm actually too tired for a frenzy. So would someone please take over frenzy duty for tonight?

Tomovoz

« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2004, 10:23:36 PM »

I wonder if our ship went to Austria and not Australia DR Panni. I've had mail go there before - it takes an age for the ship to find a port.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2004, 10:24:53 PM »

ship and port -
Almost a "Ship in A bottle" Amanda McBroom reference.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2004, 10:33:24 PM »

I go and leave for a few minutes and come back to my own post! I shall have to frenz.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2004, 10:36:34 PM »

Two weeks today before we leave for France and my holiday from HHW. Will life be the same? I could phone "home" but the USA has a different cell phone system. I can of course phone OZ from the other side of the world. I hope I can contact someone so that they can "report in". I don't envisage looking for internet cafes in the little villages of rural France.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2004, 10:41:15 PM »

Has anyone established how many posts are needed for a frenzy. I can't even remember how many rods make a perch. I knew that when Iwas 10 years old.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2004, 10:44:04 PM »

My dictionary is suggesting that rods and perches are the same thing. Imperial measurements of so many yards or whatever.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2004, 10:45:11 PM »

I've just checked with the local parrot population. They are quite happy to perch on a rod but do not like to rod on a perch. There is a difference.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2004, 10:45:52 PM »

Any more of the dialogue and I will have written tomorrow's notes for BK.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2004, 10:46:26 PM »

And I still don't know how many posts make a frenzy!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2004, 10:47:33 PM »

I do remember that there are 100 links in a chain.
But how long is a piece of string?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 10:48:37 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2004, 10:49:14 PM »

I think you may now relax DR Panni. My job is done.
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2004, 10:55:02 PM »

Tomovoz, I think that that officially counts as a "frenzy."  You have done HHW proud. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2004, 11:06:18 PM »

Thank you DR George! And it was all so meaningful.
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2004, 11:21:36 PM »

DR Tomovoz - What a frenzy! You've done yourself proud (an expression I've never really understood).

I don't understand why the package hasn't arrived! Skammen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2004, 11:30:27 PM »

I haz finished tomorrow's notes and they shall be up at midnight, hence I shall be up at midnight.  I feel like we need a midnight posting frenzy or a midnight at the oasis or a midnight in moscow.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2004, 11:33:30 PM »

Welcome six GUESTS.  We're talkin' about mold.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2004, 11:45:34 PM »

Good Evening! (again)

Not really that much to add since my last post... but...

Spielberg films: How could I have forgotten "The Color Purple"?!?!?  That's one of those movies where if I'm flipping channels and I come across it, I stop.. I watch... and I bawl like a baby during the final scenes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2004, 11:52:07 PM »

GOOD VIBES(!!) TO DR ELMORE!!!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up