Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LIPOSUCTION  (Read 26802 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: LIPOSUCTION
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2010, 04:37:23 PM »

I've had a delicious chicken pot pie from Harriet's Kitchen for dinner and I think I will chill out for a while, watch some tv, and read the latest issue of GRAMOPHONE. I'm very sleepy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2010, 04:38:50 PM »

Wow, the preview for the GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO is sort of misleading. I'm assuming the movie is in Swedish with English subtitles? But the preview does not make any mention of this. To me this is sort of a big thing.

Actually come to think of it I wonder how the movies will play in Swedish. I saw them in French. I wonder why they didn't dub it in English?

http://dragontattoofilm.com/

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2010, 04:39:40 PM »

DR Jane, re: the GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO movie.  Just keep in mind that there will be graphic violence and some minor plot changes (and the ending). But other than that i think you'll like it!

I wonder if they are still making a US version?

I'm more concerned I like the casting.  Mikael doesn't have to be beautiful, only have something special to attract so many women. My idea of him is certainly not a Brad Pitt type. 

I went to IMBD to see if the American version is in production yet.   So far all the stars are only rumored, and guess who is rumored to play Mikael-yup, Brad Pitt.  ::)

Jennifer

« Reply #153 on: June 03, 2010, 04:39:41 PM »

DR Jane, re: the GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO movie.  Just keep in mind that there will be graphic violence and some minor plot changes (and the ending). But other than that i think you'll like it!

Just yesterday i had a friend tell me I should see this movie

Have you read the books? They are wonderful!

Jane

« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »

I think you should read the book first. 

Jennifer

« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2010, 04:41:09 PM »

I'm more concerned I like the casting.  Mikael doesn't have to be beautiful, only have something special to attract so many women. My idea of him is certainly not a Brad Pitt type. 

I went to IMBD to see if the American version is in production yet.   So far all the stars are only rumored, and guess who is rumored to play Mikael-yup, Brad Pitt.  ::)

Check out the link i just posted. It is a preview for the film. You will see the actors. And you will get an idea of if you will like them. I thought they were both not bad. But she is really good.

OMG, Brad Pitt???? That is too funny.

Jane

« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2010, 04:42:25 PM »

When we had a major league baseball team here I was a really big fan.

This is an interesting ending to a rather upsetting turn of events yesterday.

A pitcher was one out away from a perfect game. And the ump made a bad call, which was huge.

The ump feels terrible. But I am very impressed with how the pitcher is handling it. You would think he would be crushed. But wow he is really being great about it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Armando-Galarraga-receives-a-Corvette-consolatio?urn=mlb,245508

I've been watching this.  Maybe now they will finally begin using instant replay for close calls.

Jennifer

« Reply #157 on: June 03, 2010, 04:43:06 PM »

I think you should read the book first. 

:)

I guess great minds think alike.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: June 03, 2010, 04:43:28 PM »

I've had a delicious chicken pot pie from Harriet's Kitchen for dinner and I think I will chill out for a while, watch some tv, and read the latest issue of GRAMOPHONE. I'm very sleepy.

Does Harriet know that you stole her food?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #159 on: June 03, 2010, 04:44:36 PM »

When we had a major league baseball team here I was a really big fan.

This is an interesting ending to a rather upsetting turn of events yesterday.

A pitcher was one out away from a perfect game. And the ump made a bad call, which was huge.

The ump feels terrible. But I am very impressed with how the pitcher is handling it. You would think he would be crushed. But wow he is really being great about it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Armando-Galarraga-receives-a-Corvette-consolatio?urn=mlb,245508

I've been watching this.  Maybe now they will finally begin using instant replay for close calls.

It's heartbreaking for the pitcher.

The thing is if the ump knew he made the wrong call. I wonder if it was only after he saw the replay.

I get why they don't want to have instand replays. The games would take forever. But they could do it so each team is allowed 2 or 3 a game.

Jennifer

« Reply #160 on: June 03, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »

DR Jane they also have Johnny Depp and George Clooney for the movie!

Jane

« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2010, 04:45:46 PM »

Wow, the preview for the GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO is sort of misleading. I'm assuming the movie is in Swedish with English subtitles? But the preview does not make any mention of this. To me this is sort of a big thing.

Actually come to think of it I wonder how the movies will play in Swedish. I saw them in French. I wonder why they didn't dub it in English?

http://dragontattoofilm.com/

Funny, I don't remember the book being that exciting.  Before I see the movie I need to get over the fact Lisbeth is too tall.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: June 03, 2010, 04:45:48 PM »

Instant replay is already in use in the MLB.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #163 on: June 03, 2010, 04:49:50 PM »

DR Jane they also have Johnny Depp and George Clooney for the movie!

I noticed. ???

What an actor looks like off screen can be very different once they become the character.   I found Harrison Ford incredibly sexy in Star Wars & Indiana Jones.  When I watched him do interviews he lost his appeal.

Jane

« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2010, 04:50:52 PM »

I have heard multiple times how good the actress playing Lisbeth is even if she is too tall.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »

I would like to thank all the little people for my nomination for a Portland Musical Theater Award for The Producers.  My chances of winning are zilch, but I was very surprised to even be nominated.  I am not exactly a shy, retiring Musical Director and producers and directors seem to be surprised that a "mere" musician (or electrician--a BK/Carol Channing reference) would deign to stand up to them.  ;)

The other completely inexplicable thing is the lack of nominations for any of our performers--a complete travesty, IMHO.

My bad--our Ulla did get a nomination.  But our Roger and Carman (at the very least) should have, too.

Congrats JMK...and to your Ulla!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2010, 04:52:38 PM »

I've finally won something on Twitter!  From @TheWing (the American Theatre Wing), I've won the Dictionary of Musical Theatre!

I wonder if there are any dirty words in it...

Congrats, Dan (the Man) on your Twitter win!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2010, 04:56:10 PM »

Sorry that was supposed to say, "limited instant replay is already in use," but when I went back to fix the post; I got kicked out of HHW and then my computer locked up.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2010, 04:56:24 PM »

But isn't that only for homeruns?

Jennifer

« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2010, 04:56:59 PM »

I have heard multiple times how good the actress playing Lisbeth is even if she is too tall.

I didn't find her tall. Why do you think she is so tall?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2010, 04:59:05 PM »

But isn't that only for homeruns?

Yes, that is why I meant to write limited instant replay.  It is only available on home run calls.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2010, 05:00:35 PM »

DR Jane, I found Lisbeth to actually be fairly petite. Unless you have an exact height in your head i don't think you will have a problem with her.  Obviously she can't be identical to everything they wrote in the books. But i found her to be quite close.

Jennifer

« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2010, 05:10:15 PM »

I think I am going to watch SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE now. I would like to be watching ROYAL PAINS. But no USA network here. :(

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2010, 05:18:41 PM »

The Baseball commissioner has the power to overturn the call.  You'd think this is one instance where it would be the right thing to do. The ump says he got it wrong, everyone says he got it wrong, why not do the right thing and give the pitcher his perfect game

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »

Have you read the books? They are wonderful!

No, I haven't read the books.  I've been curious at the discussion about them, but haven't gone farther.  Perhaps it's time I order them

Jane

« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2010, 05:23:46 PM »

I didn't find her tall. Why do you think she is so tall?

She is supposed to be really small & look like a teenager.

George

« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2010, 05:31:47 PM »

Hi DR George!

Hi Cilla!  It's been pretty weird at work...NOTHING seems to work in our new computer system anymore. :P

Jane

« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2010, 05:31:54 PM »

DR Jane, I found Lisbeth to actually be fairly petite. Unless you have an exact height in your head i don't think you will have a problem with her.  Obviously she can't be identical to everything they wrote in the books. But i found her to be quite close.

Good.  Then you think she also looks very young?

Jane

« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2010, 05:32:40 PM »

The Baseball commissioner has the power to overturn the call.  You'd think this is one instance where it would be the right thing to do. The ump says he got it wrong, everyone says he got it wrong, why not do the right thing and give the pitcher his perfect game

Then he should have overturned the call!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2010, 05:34:22 PM »

Hi DR George!

Hi Cilla!  It's been pretty weird at work...NOTHING seems to work in our new computer system anymore. :P

Well tell the computer to quit acting up and start working....that should do it
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up