Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: PINS AND NEEDLES  (Read 45718 times)

Cason

• The time is nigh!
Re:PINS AND NEEDLES
« Reply #300 on: April 10, 2007, 06:01:01 PM »

Well, that's pretty standard from Prescott (then again, I was trying to be mindful of my speed, since there were cops scattered throughout the route) -- and I hit a little bit o' traffic just right here in LA.  
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #301 on: April 10, 2007, 06:03:08 PM »

Through Phoenix?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #302 on: April 10, 2007, 06:04:06 PM »

No, no - I go down through Skull Valley, Yarnell, Peeples Valley, etc. and pick up the 10 right outside of Quartzsite.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 06:04:23 PM by Cason »
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #303 on: April 10, 2007, 06:05:28 PM »

Ok. It takes me more than six hours to get to LA from here.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #304 on: April 10, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »

It's because i'm a lesbian that you said that, didn't you Ron???  ;)

But ya AAH Blanche, ya AAH!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #305 on: April 10, 2007, 06:07:04 PM »

I have a meeting in Orange County Friday at noon. I am thinking I will need to leave about 4 a.m. because I drive slow. And stop at a few Starbuckses (?) along the way.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #306 on: April 10, 2007, 06:07:56 PM »

And National Wildlife Refuges, sometimes.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2007, 06:09:37 PM »

They have us booked at a hotel. Here is a link to a site that reviews hotels. I sent the head office the link but have not heard back yet.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33043-d556826-Reviews-Plaza_Hotel_Santa_Ana-Santa_Ana_California.html

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2007, 06:11:42 PM »

DR MusicGuy:  In your avatar, who is the lovely lady in white?  At least, I think it's a lady.  :)

That's his reflection in the mirror.
“One thing’s universal,

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #309 on: April 10, 2007, 06:11:42 PM »

I think I will tell them I will book my own room at a Motel 6.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2007, 06:12:23 PM »

DR Cason, sorry to read about that audition.  Someone should shoot that piano player.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2007, 06:18:26 PM »

They have us booked at a hotel. Here is a link to a site that reviews hotels. I sent the head office the link but have not heard back yet.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33043-d556826-Reviews-Plaza_Hotel_Santa_Ana-Santa_Ana_California.html

Yikes!  When the pool is the highest rated thing, that's never a good sign...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #312 on: April 10, 2007, 06:18:53 PM »

DR Cason, sorry to read about that audition.  Someone should shoot that piano player.

Well, hey, I can know for sure that this show wasn't what I was supposed to do!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #313 on: April 10, 2007, 06:20:03 PM »

It's a shame when a talented actor doesn't get the role because the pianist can't play the song.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #314 on: April 10, 2007, 06:20:16 PM »

Someone should shoot that piano player.

François Truffaut did:

;D

« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 06:20:45 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #315 on: April 10, 2007, 06:25:54 PM »

Ann Coulter is ranting about Imus' "excessive apologizing" on Fox News - you could watch 8)

der Brucer

Did she call him a faggot yet?

Yes, the bitch is back!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #316 on: April 10, 2007, 06:29:19 PM »

DR RonP, I have a feeling that if you talk to this woman you will hurt her feelings. She is probably sensitive and I think she will be hurt.

I sort of liked the idea about having another co-worker casually mention that you've talked to them many times about how you like your walks alone to reflect. Maybe they could even add an "but i'll bet he's too nice to say anything to you."

I suppose there is no way that you would consider walking with her occasionally. That might be a lot easier for her (if you mentioned that you would be happy to walk with her once or twice a week but that the rest of the time you use to think/reflect).

Or perhaps you could mention that you powerwalk and hope it won't be too fast for her.

Good luck.

Or tell her the truth, and  say you had beans for dinner last night.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #317 on: April 10, 2007, 06:45:58 PM »

Ha ha ha -- oh man, nothing like terrible audition experiences.

I blazed back here into LA today so that I could make an audition this afternoon for a staged reading/production of a musical based on the movie "Mermaids" - which starred Cher.  They had specifically asked for a 1960's pop song for the audition.

So, there were only about 7 people at this open call - I was the last one who had walked in; it started up at least a half hour late; then when I finally went it, the pianist couldn't play "Runaround Sue," the song I had picked.  So, having been frazzled from driving 6 hours and not really thinking about it when I had left the house, I didn't really have any other music to sing.  So, we gave "Miracle of Miracles" a shot, but the accompanist could barely figure that one out as well...

Okay, God, I get it - this one wasn't meant to be!  :D

Well, I guess, this one you really can blame on Jose!
“One thing’s universal,

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #318 on: April 10, 2007, 06:50:20 PM »

Well, I guess, this one you really can blame on Jose!

I WISH Jose had been playing for that audition...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #319 on: April 10, 2007, 06:52:10 PM »

And the word of the day is: NEOLOGIST!

Noah, the NEOLOGIST, will be going LEGIT SOON - he's publishing a dictionary of his very own.  It might not sell, though, since every word is original... even the words defining his new words.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #320 on: April 10, 2007, 06:54:19 PM »

I've returned.  The long night at work last night, the short sleep, the long day at work today, and the necessary nappage to recover from the long night, the short sleep, and the long day - well, they're over now.  And I've got tomorrow off... so far.

Now, all I have to do is catch up on the postings.

You have all been warned.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #321 on: April 10, 2007, 06:55:05 PM »

I WISH Jose had been playing for that audition...

Well, Cason, its your own damn fault!  Instead of auditioning for the musical version of MERMAIDS in El Ay; you could have been in New York auditioning for the role of Dainty June.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 06:56:15 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #322 on: April 10, 2007, 06:57:02 PM »

I suppose I have to go to bed, but I swear I could have danced all night.

I got very excited to see that My Fair Lady opened at the ahmonson on April 9th, and really wanted to go see despite any and all costs. I absolutely love Matthew Bourne, and support his work when possible.
Sadly, someone called to my attention that My Fair Lady starts
April 9th at the Ahmonson NEXT YEAR!!!!

DO YOU REALIZE HOW LONG A YEAR IS TO WAIT FOR SOMETHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sulks silently*
Sulking silently is bad for your health.  It internalizes the problems, where they fester and boil and cause pimples.

You have my permission to sulk noisily.

Go for it, girl!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #323 on: April 10, 2007, 07:04:58 PM »

I suppose I have to go to bed, but I swear I could have danced all night.

I got very excited to see that My Fair Lady opened at the ahmonson on April 9th, and really wanted to go see despite any and all costs. I absolutely love Matthew Bourne, and support his work when possible.
Sadly, someone called to my attention that My Fair Lady starts
April 9th at the Ahmonson NEXT YEAR!!!!

DO YOU REALIZE HOW LONG A YEAR IS TO WAIT FOR SOMETHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sulks silently*

Adriana, even though it's a year away, at least you realized this BEFORE you went to the theater!  I usher for a lot of shows in town and there have been too many times when a bunch of people (usually) come in with their tickets all excited to see whatever show that they've come to see and then they find out that their tickets were for the night before...or the week before! :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #324 on: April 10, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »

Is that MR BK singing both versions of FACE on the Creature CD?

Yes indeedy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #325 on: April 10, 2007, 07:10:07 PM »

Cason, were you at Madelyn Clark for the audition - that's where we're rehearsing Merissa's act, and I know they were casting yesterday and today.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #326 on: April 10, 2007, 07:16:46 PM »

Cason, were you at Madelyn Clark for the audition - that's where we're rehearsing Merissa's act, and I know they were casting yesterday and today.

Indeed -- I saw Merissa's name on the board and thought of you guys.  I also saw her flyers on the table next to the front door.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #327 on: April 10, 2007, 07:21:42 PM »

What to do?  What to do?  

I find myself in a curious situation.  One of my co-workers has decided that she is going to be part of my daily walks around the lake.

I've not invited her to join me.  I've not voiced any interest in being accompanied.  I've not blessed her vocalizations on the topic in any way.

Today she let me know she has brought in her "walking shoes" in anticipation of "our" walks.  She has even gone so far as to establish a set time for each walk.

However do I tell her I don't wish to walk with her?  This co-worker has a history of trying to ingratiate herself to folks and insertig herself into facets of their lives.  

I don't want to hurt any feelings, but....NO!
You could propose marriage.  And insist that all her bridesmaids be your ex-boyfriends.

More seriously, she sounds like one of those people who need their feelings hurt, because she's not taking into consideration your own feelings.  Sure, she'll wail and weep and make you seem like such a meany, but she's bound to have wailed and weeped many times before, when the people she's forced to include her have have also finally said "no."  Just count yourself among the many.

Be selfish, dude.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #328 on: April 10, 2007, 07:28:23 PM »

"...and yet, he hasn't said anything to me that he likes to walk alone...  I guess he wants my company!  He must really like me!

Mrs. Pulliam...Mrs. Ron Pulliam...Mrs. Sylvia Pulliam...Mr. and Mrs. Ron and Sylvia Pulliam are delighted to announce the birth of their daughter, Carlotta..."

Like minds... sorta.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #329 on: April 10, 2007, 07:29:58 PM »

ARE WE THERE YET?
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Up