Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: COVER BOY  (Read 25655 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: COVER BOY
« Reply #210 on: February 24, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »

Jane did you see the stories about the newly-crowned World's Largest Dog?  His name is George (no offense).

This dog?  (cute video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCwAW7m4GTc

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2010, 06:44:05 PM »

I love Percy Faith. That is all.

Mr. Barnum, are you planning on coming up to Olympia to see George in THE BRAIN this Spring?

I would very much like to do that, yes!

But..........................?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2010, 06:44:11 PM »

NBC just did a special feature on sled dogs, featuring a blind siberian husky.

This dog? http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/4692958-blind-sled-dog-set-to-retire

Was it during the Olympics?  Is there figure skating tonight?  If so then I will watch for it.

Ginny

« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2010, 06:46:21 PM »

No figure skating tonight, DR Jane - ladies' final tomorrow night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2010, 06:47:29 PM »

If the leg removal can be done easily, I'd recommend it.  But that's just me. :)

Great shots, I was also confused about the extra leg.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2010, 06:48:19 PM »

I went for a drive Saturday morning and this is what I saw
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2010, 06:50:17 PM »

I have just finished judging the 24 submitted local films for the our local film festival.  After watching 22 short films, I came upon this one - glad it was on YouTube  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E23T1gDafBE

Laura

« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2010, 06:50:27 PM »

You were driving pretty slow there, Vixmom.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

vixmom

« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2010, 06:51:39 PM »

A mere three hours and 12 miles later I was havinga concversation with the AAA lady about where the tow truck could find  me - nothing like drving down the road and having the steering stop working -

Nothing serious - just the tensioner that makes the serpintine belt go round decided to spit off a gear and make the power steering go away

Fortunaltey I was in teh right lane, dving reasonably slowly and only a few feet from the entrance to a parking lot where the Vixter & I could safely await the arrival of help

I do  (and did ) thank God that we wer not racing down the Ezxpressway - things could have been much much worse

« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 06:54:54 PM by vixmom »

Laura

« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2010, 06:54:28 PM »

Ack! I'm glad you didn't have an accident!

Laura

« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2010, 06:55:07 PM »

That's great about your car lasting so long. Mine has about 185,000 now.

Ginny

« Reply #221 on: February 24, 2010, 06:56:31 PM »

Oh, my, DR Vixmom - glad you're OK!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2010, 06:56:48 PM »

Sorry to have been so E & T but the Vixter has been laying claim to the one and only computer due to school obligations

vixmom

« Reply #223 on: February 24, 2010, 07:00:09 PM »

What kind of car do you drive Laura?  Mine is a 1995 Taurus wagon - Derspite havibg just put $850.00 into it just before Christmas and now another $850.00  0 (beside the tensioner I apparently needed a radiator flush, a new Hub bearing and an alignment  )  I have been instructed by the Power that Be to get rid of that damn car before it kills you

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: February 24, 2010, 07:00:22 PM »

Re the leg - I've mentioned it but I really don't know if it can go without making the photo seem even weirder - tricky.  Once you really look at the bottom of the seat I'm sitting in, you'll see that he's sitting behind me and slightly to the right.

Sandy thought you were sitting on his lap.

;D

So did I!

Jane

« Reply #225 on: February 24, 2010, 07:00:22 PM »

Then I went back and finished the skating. My thoughts:

If Joannie Rochette had had a triple/triple combination instead of the triple/double, she would have won the short program. Her jumps had more zing, her spins were faster and more impressive, and her skating was just more solid and grounded, I thought.

Kim and Mao both skated impressive, clean, and difficult short programs. But I think the hype for the two of them has been laid on a little thick. They're lovely skaters, but I didn't see such a major points difference between them and some others.

Miki Ando (4th place) was given a GIFT with those scores. Her program was underwhelming, and she put her foot down on the triple/triple combination which should have cost her dearly and didn't. Her spins and spirals are VERY mediocre.

I was VERY proud of the two American girls. Rachael had the more difficult of the two programs, and I loved how she kept up with the REALLY fast "Sing, Sing, Sing" music in her footwork. (Only Kim Yu-Na had comparable footwork.) Nagasu skated a really soft, lovely program, and if she had been able to do her planned triple/triple (the same one Yu-Na landed), she would have been much closer to the leader.

Still I'm glad our girls will get to skate in the final flight although Joannie started 8th at the last Olympics and ended up 5th so it's possibly to start in the bottom of the top ten and make your way toward the top.

I just finished watching.  I was shocked at the scoring for Miki Ando & expected at least one of the American skaters to finish ahead of her.  I thought Nagasu's spins were beautiful.  It was cute that she spun so fast her nose bled.  I was very moved by the story her mother wears clothes with holes in them so her daughter can skate.

When Joannie broke down & cried I did to.

vixmom

« Reply #226 on: February 24, 2010, 07:00:25 PM »

but I do love my Big Blue

vixmom

« Reply #227 on: February 24, 2010, 07:02:01 PM »

and now I will try to catch Up

Jane

« Reply #228 on: February 24, 2010, 07:02:20 PM »

No figure skating tonight, DR Jane - ladies' final tomorrow night!

That is what I thought, darn maybe I can catch the Husky/Malamute on the internet.

Jane

« Reply #229 on: February 24, 2010, 07:04:19 PM »

Oh, my, DR Vixmom - glad you're OK!

Me too!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #230 on: February 24, 2010, 07:06:04 PM »

Oh...

Speaking of the DVR...

I'm just finishing up last week's "Grey's Anatomy"...

WHOA!! I really wasn't prepared for an afternoon cry.

But as DR MattH mentioned previously, it truly was one of the best episodes so far this season.  -And that GRID/AIDS story line just destroyed me... Actually, it still is...

OH, I haven't watched it yet, I'll have to do that tonight

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: February 24, 2010, 07:07:10 PM »

As for Randy, you did kind of set yourself up for him to slant the conversation his way, knowing full well how you feel.  You “asked” if he had talked to the realtor, not that you knew he had.  He probably wanted to avoid that part of the discussion.  I wouldn’t take it too much to heart.  While I don’t agree with his approach it sounds as if he was trying to take the easy way out than to hurt you.

Have you thought about regulating this portion of your executor obligation to Randy?

CONTINUED REAL ESTATE VIBES!!! 

This property is no longer a part of the estate; we three are co-owners but I cannot get my brothers to make any attempts to unload it!

Have you proposed having them buy out your interest in the property?

Cillaliz

« Reply #232 on: February 24, 2010, 07:08:40 PM »

I didn't find my battery recharger, but we did buy a universal charger that charges lots of sizes of batteries. It is huge. I can't possibly lose this one.

Of course, I expect now I will find the lost one without looking.

Then you'll have a spare. Nice for traveling

Laura

« Reply #233 on: February 24, 2010, 07:12:58 PM »

I have a 98 Corolla. And I have my mom's 90 Honda.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #234 on: February 24, 2010, 07:14:30 PM »

I had a busy night, my last free night for a while. I began by transferring those ladies short programs from last night to a DVD-R. I didn't do them all, of course, but I did all the top contenders and a few select favorites, too.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2010, 07:17:43 PM »

Then I went back and finished the skating. My thoughts:

If Joannie Rochette had had a triple/triple combination instead of the triple/double, she would have won the short program. Her jumps had more zing, her spins were faster and more impressive, and her skating was just more solid and grounded, I thought.

Kim and Mao both skated impressive, clean, and difficult short programs. But I think the hype for the two of them has been laid on a little thick. They're lovely skaters, but I didn't see such a major points difference between them and some others.

Miki Ando (4th place) was given a GIFT with those scores. Her program was underwhelming, and she put her foot down on the triple/triple combination which should have cost her dearly and didn't. Her spins and spirals are VERY mediocre.

I was VERY proud of the two American girls. Rachael had the more difficult of the two programs, and I loved how she kept up with the REALLY fast "Sing, Sing, Sing" music in her footwork. (Only Kim Yu-Na had comparable footwork.) Nagasu skated a really soft, lovely program, and if she had been able to do her planned triple/triple (the same one Yu-Na landed), she would have been much closer to the leader.

Still I'm glad our girls will get to skate in the final flight although Joannie started 8th at the last Olympics and ended up 5th so it's possibly to start in the bottom of the top ten and make your way toward the top.

I just finished watching.  I was shocked at the scoring for Miki Ando & expected at least one of the American skaters to finish ahead of her.  I thought Nagasu's spins were beautiful.  It was cute that she spun so fast her nose bled.  I was very moved by the story her mother wears clothes with holes in them so her daughter can skate.

When Joannie broke down & cried I did to.

So did Scott Hamilton. He couldn't speak at all during the performance (none of the commentators did), and you could tell he was shaking with emotion as he tried to talk after it was over.

Matt H.

« Reply #236 on: February 24, 2010, 07:21:53 PM »

I put in the VHS tape of the 2002 world championships in which our men's champion Timothy Goebel landed three quads and finished with a silver medal. Yagudin won gold as he had done at the Olympics. I was thinking the ladies world championship was on this tape, but the tape went right from 2002 men's to 2003 men's, so the ladies must be somewhere else. I didn't bother searching.

Matt H.

« Reply #237 on: February 24, 2010, 07:23:26 PM »

Since I was going to start IDOL at 9, I watched SUPERMAN episodes until then. I got two watched. First up was "The Face and the Voice" in which George Reeves played a crook who has plastic surgery in order to look like Superman. DUring the show, he plays this crook, Superman, and Clark Kent, all very well. Poor George was underrated as an actor.

vixmom

« Reply #238 on: February 24, 2010, 07:25:35 PM »

I am sorry that I missed the figure skating last night -that is my favorite sport  - i meant towatch it but manageed to fall asleep  in the recliner instead

Matt H.

« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2010, 07:25:41 PM »

Then I watched what is considered the best of the black and white episodes: "Panic in the Sky." It is a good episode even though there are more bloopers in this episode than in others in the series. Since Jack Larson and Noel Neill did commentary on the show, I turned their track on instead of the actual show track. Of course, they get absorbed in watching the episode and forget to talk during a good portion of it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up