Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT A STRANGE DAY WAS YESTERDAY  (Read 18932 times)

Jed

Re:WHAT A STRANGE DAY WAS YESTERDAY
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2005, 10:06:14 PM »

Employment update... the search continues.  :-\

Ahh well, I guess two new jobs in one apartment within a week was a bit much to ask.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #271 on: May 13, 2005, 10:25:24 PM »

I'm sorry, Jed.  Good luck...still!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #272 on: May 13, 2005, 10:26:41 PM »

I have always envied men the ability to totally transform their look by the growing or shaving of facial hair  its much harder and much leess temporary when a women tries a new look

Mr. Vixmom, while generally sporting facial hair of some type or another (we were married over two years before I saw him clean shaven) ....

Did you ever see the episode of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" where the straight guy wore a toupee and his wife of 13 years had never seen him without it and their kids didn't even know that he wore one??  That was a pretty cool episode.  Kyan and the guys talked him into FINALLY giving it up...totally...and he looked really good without it.  Not that he looked bad with it, but (on TV) it didn't look completely natural.  Anyway, the only person who didn't want him to remove it was his mother!  She hated the idea of him being bald (and actually, they did leave a bit of head stubble, but you could see where no hair grew) and it still took her a while to warm up to it after she had seen him without it...and how everyone LOVED his new look (and clothes and house).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #273 on: May 13, 2005, 10:30:28 PM »

Obits were a dead end job anyway DR Jed.
Best of positive job hunting thoughts are still with you.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #274 on: May 13, 2005, 10:32:26 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]GOOD HEALTH VIBES TO DR TOMOVOZ[/move]
Thank you Dear Friend.  I should be here at some stages for the next two days. Maybe they will serve "Floop" (Flooup) at the hospital.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #275 on: May 13, 2005, 11:01:42 PM »

Pogue, I know exactly what you are talking about.  This isn't that kind of money guy - he basically does fund raisers and gets people money.  However, I did get a peculiar vibe and I don't think we'll be using him for anything.  I have other ideas, oh, yes, I have other ideas.

Back from seeing Adryan Russ (my proofer and friend), and the Havertys (Doug will be the official booklet designer for Kritzerland CDs).  Lots of fun.  

Notes may be just a tad late as I have not eaten anything since noon and I have to wolf down a Subway turkey sandwich before I fall over.

What a great day of postings - it did this old heart good to read such excellent postings.

Tomovoz

« Reply #276 on: May 13, 2005, 11:08:27 PM »

Back to TOTD:  Currently listening to the Little River Band. It was preceded by The Moody Blues and 10 C.C. It's a seventies day.

DVD tonight will quite likely be "Ladies in Lavender" starring the Dames Judi & Maggie.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #277 on: May 13, 2005, 11:16:16 PM »

Well... It's been looooong day for me... and  I really don't want to sleep through most of tomorrow, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #278 on: May 13, 2005, 11:17:52 PM »

I'm just getting started.  I, too, had a long day, but I feel completely awake and full of vim and vigor, not necessarily in that order.  I ate my sandwich - it was quite yummilicious and was just what the doctor ordered.  I always do that - I always order just what the doctor ordered.  I'm just an old copycat.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #279 on: May 13, 2005, 11:56:49 PM »

Here is a photograph of the Haverty's very cute daughter, Hartley.  Hartley, as a child actress, played Billy Crystal's daughter in Mr. Saturday Night.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up