Haines His Way > Technical Support

Uploading Images

(1/8) > >>

Ron Pulliam:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]There are so many things to remember!

Oh!  A "Roar of the Greasepaint" reference![/move]

Does one have to have a website of one's own before one downloads an image/photo?  For instance, I have photos saved on my PC....can those be used here (not all at once, of course), or must they be identifiable via a URL?

Anybody know, or is that more of a technical question for the other forum?

Joy:
I don't exactly know, but I do know that you can go to imagestation.com and upload pictures there, and then you have a website from which to host your pictures.  Then you can just right-click on the picture, copy the url, and paste it into your message, then highlight it and click the image icon.

MrMarkBakalor:
Actually Joy, I'd advise you against doing it the way you've done. In many cases secondary websites don't allow their users to use images they host in this manner. Most people will not be able to see your image here at HHW. Instead they'll see an image that Imagestation replaces it with that says something to the effect of their not allowing you to reference images hosted on their site.

The simple solution is to upload your photo to HHW through your profile. There is an option to either select one of our preloaded icons, reference an image on a website, or upload an image. If you have your image on your personal computer, simply select this option and Browse to locate the image file on your computer. When you save your profile, after that, it will upload your photo and use it within all of your posts...

Joy:
You know what, Mark, you're right...because now the Imagestation site is down, so there's nothing but an x in the corner of where my picture should be!  I took the pic down and when the site comes back up I'll save it to my computer, then upload it onto HHW, and we should be in business!!

MrMarkBakalor:
I'm right! Woo hoo! ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version