Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: IS A PUZZLEMENT  (Read 41233 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:IS A PUZZLEMENT
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2008, 08:05:10 AM »

I think I need a copy, DR MBARNUM.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2008, 08:05:21 AM »

So did I. I *NEVER* doubt Allison's dreams though others seem to all the time. I guess there would be no conflict if everyone took her word for it all the time.

As for Joe taking the deal, I smell trouble brewing big time. She's not in this just for the business opportunity.

Why is it in every soap the attractive available woman is avalable and uninvolved? This new plot's got Bad Soap Opera written all over it? I hope I'm wrong and they actually surprise me.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 08:47:28 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2008, 08:05:36 AM »

Someone else can dance, I have to run some errands.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

singdaw

« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2008, 08:09:03 AM »

the real Zach

DR JMK may wish to disagree!   :D

singdaw

« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2008, 08:11:21 AM »

I must buy a new dishwasher.

:(

Once you've done so, please be sure to post its cycle time.  [ ;) ]

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2008, 08:14:40 AM »

DR JMK may wish to disagree!   :D

Actually, my Zach is about as unreal as they come.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2008, 08:15:45 AM »

I would be remiss if I did not mention it is DS Betsy's and my 14th Anniversary today.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2008, 08:16:14 AM »

And they said it wouldn't last--they, in this case, being us.  :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2008, 08:17:55 AM »

HAPPY 14TH ANNIVERSARY JEFF AND BETSY!! :D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2008, 08:18:22 AM »

Good to see ya round, DR pigs!   :)

Yah....and thanks!  My bacon-and-egg sammich was really tasty this morning.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2008, 08:19:35 AM »

And they said it wouldn't last--they, in this case, being us.  :)

They said that about us too.  Don't you just love proving all those folks wrong? :D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 08:19:50 AM by Jane »

JMK

« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2008, 08:21:34 AM »

They said that about us too.  Don't you just love proving all those folks wrong? :D

Well in this case it's Betsy and me, so it's kind of a double-edged sword.  The proving Betsy wrong part is fine with me, though.  (That's a joke, people).

singdaw

« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2008, 08:22:17 AM »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY[/size][/color]
to DR JMK and DW Betsy!!!  :) [/size][/color]

singdaw

« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2008, 08:23:29 AM »

My bacon-and-egg sammich was really tasty this morning.

Oh, DR Ron Pulliam!!!   You always know just what to say!!!    :D

Jane

« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2008, 08:27:48 AM »

Well in this case it's Betsy and me, so it's kind of a double-edged sword.  The proving Betsy wrong part is fine with me, though.  (That's a joke, people).

Oh, you meant you both are the "they".   ;D  I'm glad you are proving yourselves to be wrong :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2008, 08:34:13 AM »

And when's that disgusting DA who's so transparently evil and slimy it's pathetic going to get his comeuppance? Everyone in the Phoenix judicial system by now must know what a creep he is!

They must be planning a BIG fall from grace for him for the season finale. It can't come too soon for me!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2008, 08:36:07 AM »

I would be remiss if I did not mention it is DS Betsy's and my 14th Anniversary today.

Congratulations! Here's to many more!

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2008, 08:36:44 AM »

And now I'm heading down to get lunch started and then sit on the porch and enjoy the fresh air.

WBBL.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2008, 08:36:52 AM »

MEDIUM SPOILER!

Keith agrees with Matt & elmore.  I don't see how she can't be attracted to Joe, but I'm thinking more a power play for taking Joe's ideas in a different direction than his vision.  

We all agree, hopefully it doesn't turn into the bad soap opera.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 10:40:49 AM by Jane »

singdaw

« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2008, 08:44:25 AM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2008, 08:49:19 AM »

Redundant?   ;D

Only to those who look down on soap operas, although most of the writing today is unimaginative, cliche'd, and lousy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2008, 08:50:48 AM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2008, 08:55:10 AM »

'Biggest Loser' SPOILER!

wadings dawsing adwings gwinsad XXX. dddldldl dld elelg sld jglkjl;kj slkkj  jkfkdldkd jfkdslkjd ldfjekslkajdf lkj frjekslkjad fjlkejlkjd  alkjdlkja: I noted that DR Cillaliz remarked it was a great finale last night.  It was certainly loud, and the show achieved a milestone -- a landmark, if you prefer -- at the final weigh-in.

We were last left with the choice of Mark or Roger going to the final three, with the decision being left up to the public.  The two girls -- Ali and Kelly, who finished 1-2, in that order -- were devastated, because they knew Mark had lost about all he could lose, but that Roger was a major threat and could lose a lot more weight (as could have Kelly).

America voted, and by less than 100,000 votes (out of who-knows-how-many-votes-cast, 'cause they never said), Roger was elected to the top three and would compete for the big prize in a final weigh-in.

The show then began trotting out all the also-rans...the contestants/couples who had started the competition and then fallen by the wayside as the weekly vote-outs pared down the herd.

All of them had lost considerable weight, and some of them looked spectacular.   They all had to weigh-in one more time as there was a prize of $100,000 for whoever had the highest percentage of body-fat weight loss.  Early odds-on favorite for the final three was Dan, who, with his mother Jackie, really looked terrific last night.  Both have altered their lives radically by their involvement with "Biggest Loser".  One contestant, however, who had been on Jillian's "Black Team" (and, with his partner Brittany, had been seriously hurt/upset/heatbroken when Bob didn't pick them to be on his "Blue Team" when the trainers begain training separately) recorded an incredible weight loss:  Bernie looked amazing.  His weight loss was about 46% of his starting weight.  I could see the writing on the wall for the remaining contestants, though, because Bernie had been seriously overweight and had been much heaver than either of the Kruger brothers -- Mark and Jay.  It got down to Mark, who missed by one pound, overtaking Bernie for the big prize.  Surprisingly to me, Mark had left the show six weeks earlier weighing 169 pounds, and I figured he had no room to lose more weight.   I was wrong.  Mark weighed in at 156 last night from his starting weight of 285.  He had lost 129 pounds, but needed to lose 130 to win.

Lots of hoo-haw ensued with Bernie getting the royal treatment of much confetti and cheers.

After commercial break, we were back to see the final three and to assess how much more weight Ali and Kelly might have lost (as we had already seen Roger, who looked incredible).

Bottom line, though, is that Roger's weight loss was amazing, and he weighed in at 199 pounds, down from his starting weight of 363.  A look of concern swept over Ali's face for the first time.  

Kelly was up next.  Kelly's video revealed that she went home with a herniated disc.  Lots of Kelly-whine ensued (this became the norm in her solo-camera diary moments during competition when Kelly doubted herself, EVERY week, before getting down to actually training) about how hard it had been, how unfair it seemed for her to get this far, etc., etc, and finally we saw her moving beyond the pity party and actually beginning to train.  Kelly looked wonderful.  She'll look even more wonderful when she loses another 20 pounds, or so, but she's so far removed from the Kelly who, at the first weigh-in, stated, "I'm the heaviest woman in the competition, aren't I!"

This final three had only six weeks to iron out any kinks and shed more pounds.  In Ali's video, there were some shots that looked kinda scary...she seemed very gaunt, as though she might be moving toward being bulimic.

On stage last night, though, she was glowing...and as skinny as she could be.  She needed to have lost 105 pounds to beat Roger.   The result, though, was that she had lost 112 pounds.  That put her well ahead of Roger (who would have had to have lost 9 pounds more -- half his starting weight -- to have beaten her and won it all).

It was an amazing outcome, and Ali did much of it on her own, despite the show claiming she lost all her weight "on campus". (Ali and her mother, Bette-Sue, had been voted off as a couple in the third or fourth week.  Before they left, Ali intoned "I'm going to be the biggest loser."  Everyone figured she meant she'd take home the $100,000 "loser's" prize.  The tables turned about five weeks later, though, as all the ousted contestants returned to weigh-in again.  The man and woman with the best weight loss/body fat percentage would rejoin the competition.  And that is when Ali and Mark rejoined the game.  Mark had been sent home two weeks before.  Ali had lost about 50 pounds on her own at home).  So... Ali is "The Biggest Loser" after all (!!!), and she's the first female to claim the title.

A really good show from a terrific season, but it could have been done in one hour, vice two.  So that's my story and I'm singdawing marjoriedawing lumbersawing haymowing partygoing isitsnowing to it!

End SPOILER

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 09:38:52 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #113 on: April 16, 2008, 09:06:19 AM »

Happy 14th to DS Betsy and ole Remiss!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2008, 09:10:36 AM »

Think "layers", BK.

Dress in "layers".

Dress for the "cold", but allow yourself to wear enough clothing so that, in the event of a warming trend,  you can remove some of it without shocking onlookers .

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2008, 09:11:03 AM »

Speaking of "layers", where in heck did stringcraw get off to?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2008, 09:15:52 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Looks like a pretty day out.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2008, 09:16:09 AM »

I can't remember if I slept well or not.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2008, 09:16:47 AM »

This is the first time since announcing Evening Primrose that there were no orders in the morning.  Hopefully that will change during the day.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2008, 09:17:29 AM »

Welcome seven GUESTS.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14   Go Up