Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: CONNIPTION FIT  (Read 33600 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:CONNIPTION FIT
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2007, 11:47:17 AM »

Re: IDOL.

I think the judges complained about: amy, leslie, antonella, jordan, nicole, haley, alaina, and gina. I guess you're right though that paula did say a few good things about some of them. And randy did like gina. But since simon didn't like 8 of them, to me that was a similar number to the guys. Although overall i suppose the girls did better.

It's hard to say who will go. I would say any of: amy, leslie, nicole, haley or alaina. I personally don't really care if any of them go (nor do i care if antonella or jordan or gina go).

For the guys i think any of: rudy, paul kim, nick, jared or aj could go. And i don't care which go.

The only people i want to stay are: blake, phil the 2 guys named chris, lakisha, and melinda.  With my favorites being blake and lakisha.

Apparently they did a little thing on The View today re: american idol. And elisabeth went crazy over blake.

Randy and Paula were both very high on Gina.  Only Simon demurred, but it wasn't harsh.  

IIRC Simon liked four of the girls and two of the men...in positive terms.

Randy and Paul were much more generous with the girls.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2007, 11:47:41 AM »

Well, if the pearls fit...

All I can say is, we've never been seen in a room at the same time.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2007, 11:49:01 AM »

A general "rule" is, I think,  that people who are working in unsatisfying jobs really don't care about providing service, just keeping themselves from being blamed for anything, and just want to get through their 35-40 hours with a  minimum of stress and discomfort.    This must apply to customer service people as well.  If someone comes at them guns blazing, for something that is their company's or a co-worker's fault and not their own fault, they are likely to respond in a way that gets either the cusotmer or the frustration off their back.   I don't think they as a rule give a rat's ass about anything but not jeopardizing their own paychecks.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2007, 11:49:24 AM »

He was also our David Copperfield, for TNT.

So what's the gossip? Did he cop-a-feel?  ;D

I posted the info, DR edi! Did you come across it yet? :-*
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:50:50 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2007, 11:52:21 AM »

Randy and Paula were both very high on Gina.  Only Simon demurred, but it wasn't harsh.  

IIRC Simon liked four of the girls and two of the men...in positive terms.

Randy and Paul were much more generous with the girls.

And what's with Paula's hair?  Is she wearing, like, 2 or 3 wigs?  No one can have that much hair!  Well, maybe Sasquatch.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2007, 11:55:34 AM »

I share DR RONPULLIAM's and BK's frustration with poor customer service. There is no question that customer service in general is much worse than it used to be...

I now limit my shopping whenever possible to stores/organizations where I've had good experiences, even if it sometimes means paying a bit more. Of course, sometimes you have no choice.

Agreed.

Steve banks with Bank of America, and he has a particular type of account that charges a service fee if he goes into a branch and has actual personal contact with a teller.  He does all his banking via ATM and online.  "Customer service" is a non-issue, in a sense. :-\

When I lived in Richmond, I loved shopping at Ukrop's, the local chain in town.  Yes, I could have saved a few pennies by going across the street to Kroger, but I always loved the way the store and it's employees made me feel.  There was no greeter - everyone you came upon always said, "Hi.".  And if a clerk happened to notice you wandering up and down an aisle, you'd eventually here, "May I help you find something?"  -And there were always cookie and cake samples at the bakery counter too!

I've told this story before, but... There was one time when my groceries had finished ringing up and I noticed that I had left my wallet at my apartment.  "Oh, that's OK.  Just come back tomorrow with your payment.  Since you had your UVC card with you, we have a record of this transaction."  Well... I drove back to the apartment, unloaded my groceries, then drove back to the store with my wallet in hand.  "Oh, Thank You! But it really would have been OK if you had come back tomorrow."

Yes, some people have criticized the store owners religious beliefs - they were closed on Sunday and did not sell alcohol (but that's what 7-11 was for anyway) - but I truly did - and do when I can - enjoy shopping there.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:58:40 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2007, 11:57:32 AM »

All I can say is, we've never been seen in a room at the same time.

I rest my case.  And your tiara as well.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2007, 12:19:49 PM »

I rest my case.  And your tiara as well.

Thank you, Pamela Mason!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2007, 12:30:50 PM »

So, I went to CD Baby to see what reviews have been posted on THE BRAIN, and I cannot find any!  Didn't our DR edi submit one?  All I can find is a place to post a review!

MBarnum

« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2007, 12:34:48 PM »

Reviews have been posted DR Elmorewhoevidentlydoes'treadmyposts3003. But on CDBaby they have to Ok the reviews before they get posted, so it takes a few days.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:35:11 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2007, 12:35:46 PM »

I thought that tiara looked familiar from my last visit to NYC.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2007, 12:41:16 PM »

I thought that tiara looked familiar from my last visit to NYC.

Didn't you "borrow" it for some bash in the Northwest?  I do read your posts, Mikey.  After two or three they blur together from my weeping over them.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2007, 01:02:22 PM »

I'd be willing to bet our DR Cason's been the object of many passes from all corners of the globe!  It's only asshole actors like Ken Wahl, Mel Gibson, and Tom Cruise that seem to get bent out of shape over homophobia.

Well, we know why Cruise is so virulent about it.  It's laughable that he's so insistent on denying truth.

Gibson...who cares anymore?  Just because he has 12 kids or so, though, doesn't quell persistent rumors of his relationship with his "Gallipoli" co-star.

As for Wahl....I had totally forgotten that he ever existed.  Is he still trotting himself out for the occasional fag-hating tour?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #163 on: February 22, 2007, 01:02:39 PM »

Oh, you guys crack me up!   :D
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2007, 01:04:58 PM »

And what's with Paula's hair?  Is she wearing, like, 2 or 3 wigs?  No one can have that much hair!  Well, maybe Sasquatch.

I think someone told her more is MORE...and she's never been one to get enough...so....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2007, 01:05:39 PM »

Oh, you guys crack me up!   :D

We should call you Chip!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2007, 01:06:39 PM »

I'm listening to a Fifth Dimension Greatest Hits CD and I've decided that it's my new "Feel Good" recording.

Can you surry?  Can you picnic?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2007, 01:19:54 PM »

I'm listening to a Fifth Dimension Greatest Hits CD and I've decided that it's my new "Feel Good" recording.

Can you surry?  Can you picnic?

Love the "5th Dimension" -- always and forever!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2007, 01:24:23 PM »

I closed my mom's checking account at BofA, and then later I received a statement showing a balance of minus 19.97. Turns out whoever closed the account erred, the account got three cents interest, then was charged $20 for not having the minimum amount necessary for a checking account.

I did not actually pitch a fit, but I did insist on a manager crediting the $20, closing the account correctly, and writing me a cashier's check for three cents.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2007, 01:25:20 PM »

Good Afternoon!

The Big Sort and Purge has actually begun!!!

DR elmore - For some unknown reason, I seem to have two big binders of string parts (copies) for South Pacific?  Should I recycle them or would you like to have the honors?
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2007, 01:27:54 PM »

Afternoon greetings everyone. I hate it when fax machines do not function as they should.  That is all I have to report.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2007, 01:29:05 PM »

I am hoping to have dinner with a friend tonight so I will miss the idol results. Pretty much any of the white girls could go with the exception of the pink/red streaked girl and I would not mind too terribly much.  My namesake sounded crappy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2007, 01:29:24 PM »

One tiara - $5,000

One pair of black men's briefs - $2.00 (well, 6 for $9.00)

An unforgettable night out in the East Village - Priceless
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 01:29:59 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2007, 01:29:51 PM »

I certainly loved last night's MEDIUM. And this makes three episodes in a row that Patricia Arquette was given Emmy-worthy scenes of real drama and emotion. I think when she was passed over for an Emmy nomination last year after winning the year before, the writers are making sure that she has really dramatic stuff to deal with this year, and she's really rising to the occasion.

I was riveted during this entire episode, and the future scenes she was seeing with Marie were beyond disturbing and depressing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2007, 01:30:36 PM »

For the record, the actress who played Isabelle the sheriff last night was Diana Scarwid (the adult Christina in MOMMIE DEAREST).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2007, 01:32:12 PM »

I'm actually coming across some other xerox copies of various shows (piano/vocal scores), and since I have hard copies of said shows...  *I always buy my own copy, and play from a copy so that I can mark and edit it up to my heart's content.

I know I owe DR vixmom and the vixter some "archival copies", but are there any other DRs who might be interested in what I'm bound to continue to come across in the days (weeks) to come?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2007, 01:32:44 PM »

OK... Back to the boxes...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2007, 01:36:06 PM »

Next, I watched CSI: NY. Two cases again: one a man wearing a cigarette costume set on fire and murdered, the other involving a man calling himself Noah who had built himself an ark and taken $100,000 from each of four couples to use it to survive on when the next great storm hit. Of course, he was found murdered before the storm began.

Funny, at the end of the episode, it started to rain . . . .

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #179 on: February 22, 2007, 01:37:32 PM »

I've got no "strings" to hold me down;

To make me fret; to make me frown!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up