Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FRITTERIN'  (Read 21937 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:FRITTERIN'
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2005, 08:37:53 AM »

Today is National Root Beer Float Day.

It is also National Mustard Day.

Terrible combination, of course.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2005, 08:40:10 AM »

BK, when I return from my camping trip I will surely do my best in trying to locate some of those you are looking for...with the women it is  difficult as they likely don't have the same last names...I did find a few listings for a Tom Callas' in the LA area...one was born in 1965, so not likely the same one, but maybe the other ones could be....and there was one listed in San Francisco.

Randi Kallan can probably be located, I will just need some more sleuthing time.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2005, 08:42:43 AM »

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]
SHIPOOPIE!
[/size][/move]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 08:43:52 AM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2005, 08:45:36 AM »

Keep up the good sleuthing work.  Shayne, find out which of those Phillip Clarks is the right one.

And, dear readers, let me know if you'd like one and only one clew for the question.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2005, 08:45:55 AM »

It is also DS Betsy's birthday, so

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=10]HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BETSY & TD!!!![/size][/move]
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2005, 08:46:23 AM »

Good Morning!

Well, I let myself sleep until 11:00!  -And I didn't even drink last night at "The Zoo". -God forbid, I did, since I was basically still fasting yesterday - two days in a row - although, I did knosh on some pretzels at "The Zoo" just in case I somehow ended up with a beer in my hand... Which I didn't.

And, yes, it is a quiet morning here in the dorm, although, I can hear people starting to wake up since they most likely have crew and concessions' duties today.

It's a beautiful day outside my window too!  I hope to get out there soon...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2005, 08:47:38 AM »

My favorite Meredith Willson songs:

Being in Love (I really like it - sue me)
Trouble
Marian the Librarian
Colorado My Home
I Ain't Down Yet
It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
76 Trombones

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2005, 08:49:15 AM »

Those damn women, always changing their names.  Well, it just makes sleuthing more interesting.  At least we've got the ages to go on - college student in 1978 (well, not Phil Clark, or Randi).  Oh, and Jeffrey Kramer I can also get in touch with - forgot about him.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2005, 08:49:48 AM »

As for the Trivia Question... I think I may actually have the answer - well at least the main answer... then it's just a matter of sleuthing out the rest.  Two shows immediately came to mind after reading the question, and I was able to come up with some of the other puzzle pieces right off the bat too for at least one of the shows.  Hmm... I may just attempt an answer this week.  -Which would make it my first.  We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2005, 08:54:33 AM »

FRJose, I can testify that all my 1967-1971 years of summer theatre were just like your past evening; I don't think I slept more than 3-4 hours a night.  I'd come home in August, say hello to my parents, and go to bed for a week.  It's fun but very exhausting.

First of all, what the heck does the "F" stand for in "FR"?!?!?  HUH!?!?!?!  ;)

And as for your evenings in summer theatre from 1967-1971...  Explains a lot!

;D

-I really did have a good time last night.  I'm just still so "new" here, so my circle is still relatively small.  But it was fun people watching, and if my allergies hadn't started acting up - my skin was starting to do funny things - I probably would have stayed longer.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2005, 08:56:35 AM »

Zoo 202!  We need details, DRJOSE. What is the trendy actor wearing in Williamsburg this year?

Well...  At least for last night's "festivities"... As little as is legally possible.  However, I did not spot any thongs...  However, I did not spot anything in place of a thong either in most cases.

:o
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 08:57:31 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2005, 09:00:00 AM »

...Otherwise, it's pretty much a dress-for-comfort type of crowd up here... T-shirts, shorts, jeans, khakis... Lots of Old Navy, A&F, Hollister, etc.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2005, 09:05:56 AM »

And before any more of this beautiful, low 80's day gets away from me...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2005, 09:06:32 AM »

That was a great clue, Bruce.  I think I've got four of the answers, but just can't find the cast list anywhere.  Do you give honorable mentions for partials?

Jason

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2005, 09:20:59 AM »

How 'do, crew? I let myself sleep in this morning. I've been up for about half an hour...

I love THE MUSIC MAN and had a great time doing it. I'd love to do it again. I was the tenor in the quartet.

There are a couple of people I'd like to see from my past, but as SWW said, I think we're better off without each other.

Speaking of people from my past, the "object of my affection" from Chicago (remember that from last summer?) called yesterday. Guess who's coming to New York for a visit in October and wants to see me after not contacting me for over 8 months? I'm not sure how to feel about that...

DR TD: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

FJL: How's the arm?

DR JOSE: Be good up there... ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2005, 09:24:32 AM »

First of all, what the heck does the "F" stand for in "FR"?!?!?  HUH!?!?!?!  ;)
Funky Rabbit.

FJL

« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2005, 09:36:44 AM »

Jason:  Thanks for asking.  Today being Trivia day, I'm having to google with one hand (no jokes, please), and that's tougher than it sounds.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2005, 09:45:05 AM »

The weatherman PROMISED us a weekend full of sunshine and warm temps.  So why, I ask you, did I wake up this morning to find a solid gray sky and temps in the low 60's?  It's a scandal, I say.  When I checked the weather online again, the weatherman had grudgingly allowed "mostly sunny" instead of "sunny" but he still insists that by this afternoon we will have our summer weather back.  I'm not entirely convinced, but we shall see.  

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2005, 09:46:31 AM »

I had to check weather online, by the way, because my cable seems to be going out on me.  If I turn it on, I get a few minutes of blurry pic, then the screen goes totally black  Unseemly.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2005, 10:09:28 AM »

THE DUCK FOLLIES!

Last night, after putting in a couple extra hours at work than I'd been scheduled for, I got most of my shopping done for the meal.  I'm still missing some basil for the chilled fruit soup I've planned for the appetizer, and the store where I work at was out of beets for the veggie accompaniment, but most everything is at hand.  I even splurged on a very nice Pinot Noir, and we've a small bottle of Grand Marnier for the sauce.  

That was the good news.  The bad news came when I checked the schedule for next week at work.  Monday, der B's birthday, I'm scheduled to work from three in the afternoon until nine at night.  OOPS!  Even if I could get right back to home and start cooking after my shift, it would still take the bird up to two hours to roast properly.

Then, to my relief, der B told me that his daughter had called again.  She needs him to head up Monday to lad-sit; her day care has cancelled out yet again.  We're going to have to postpone his birthday celebration by a day.

My bet is, his daughter won't even remember that there's a birthday going on.  Maybe he'll leak that news to the grandlads while she's at work.  They can celebrate together!  And keep it a secret!  That would be fun!

Maybe I can get der B a cake from our bakery section to take up with him!   :D

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2005, 10:41:15 AM »

Will this be page four?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2005, 10:42:51 AM »

Guess not...oh well.  

Shower is taken, laundry is put away, bed is made, apartment is tidied, and bills are organized...and still it is gray and cool outside, and I have no cable.  Boo.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2005, 10:45:34 AM »

Very hot here in the City of Studio.  Having a lazy morning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2005, 10:46:06 AM »

Certainly we must be close to page four.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2005, 10:47:03 AM »

Maybe if we add a little FRICASSEE will reach page four.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2005, 11:12:17 AM »

There seems to be a bit of confusion in these here parts.

On the one hand, a fricassee is a stew of meat (often chicken) and other goodies that is served in a white sauce.  A chicken pot pie is a kind of fricassee.

Fritters, on the other hand, are pieces of meat or fruit or veggies that are encased in a batter and fried.  I like my zucchini fritters very much, thank-you!  For that matter, sweet and sour pork, before the sauce, is frittered pork.

Clearly, fritters are not fricasseed.  So why is the word of the day fricassee, while the title of today's thread "Fritterin' "?

My head hurts, and I'm quite willing to share.

::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2005, 11:13:12 AM »

Time to get ready for work.  Isn't that thrilling?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2005, 11:15:47 AM »

I'm organizing my Mp3 files on ITunes.  Yes, I'm a little bored.

Michael

« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2005, 11:32:47 AM »

Sooooo humid out.

Sitting in front of the PC in my skivies. Not a pretty site.
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2005, 11:33:22 AM »

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]
SHIPOOPIE!
[/size][/move]

Bless you!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up