Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SCARY NOTES  (Read 12724 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: SCARY NOTES
« Reply #150 on: May 02, 2010, 07:12:29 PM »

I also still have on my DVR the "kiss episode" of AS THE WORLD TURNS which Reid and Luke finally locked lips. That's also very fun to rewatch, especially when he calls him an "urban cowboy." Very cute indeed.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »

Page Six Dance!!!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2010, 07:21:22 PM »

What a full day we have had
The Vixter's high school entered a competition to create a video encouraging people to sign a pledge that they will not engage in "distracted driving"  (no texting/cell phone use, eating & drinking  while driving ,etc)

Apparently you had to submit your ideas and then if you were approved you could create a video and submit it to  web site for public voting

The Vixters high school was one of 20 schools across the nationwide who were accepted - they wrote a song (toa tune suspicially like the Black Eyesd Peas  "I have a Feeling") and taught the kids at all the town's schools, from Pre K through HIgh School a dance to go with it.  They also taught a bunch of the parents and teachers and even some residents of the the Senior assisted living facility.

This morning they all met at the high school football field at 8 AM and filmed everyone doing the dance.  There was a band made up of someof the high school kids

The Vixter was part of the dancing group - I was a spectator - although we spectators had parts ttoo - we had to wave our signed contracts in the air at a certian point and we had to do the wave twice at another point

Ina week or two I shall be posting teh webste and imploiring you to vote for our school - if they win they get a  $10,000 grant!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 07:46:51 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2010, 07:23:56 PM »

DR Elmore - if you'll let me know where you're staying in Canton, I'll start planning our jaunt to join you there!

Speaking of trip planning, we're in the beginning stages of planning a NYC trip for August 25-30...

Not to be rude, but didn't I say yesterday I would find out for you?

I did! I did! Post 185 yesterday. I'm waiting for the answer.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2010, 07:24:08 PM »

Mr. Rand you have a lovely niece

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2010, 07:26:23 PM »

DR vixmom, I thought you were telling us what an awful day you had! While I was reading the rest of your post, I kept thinking, what's so awful? Then I went back to the top and realized you mean "a full day"! Boy, am I snarky tonight.

I am going to bed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

td

• td
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2010, 07:26:36 PM »

Nest thing you know, DR Jane is going to tell us that she didn't like THE DANTE CLUB, THE POE SHADOW or THE LAST DICKENS, either.  ;)

Nope, I'm going to say I never read these.  I don't think they are a series, nor need to be read in order.  Am I correct?  Are you recommending them?

Not a series.
I do recommend them, with a single caveat:  I had a hard time getting into THE DANTE CLUB.  I knew it was considered to be a very good first novel, but, for the longest time I could not connect with it in any way.  BUT I never give up, and finally on the third attempt to read it, I found that I could not put it down.  Once I had finished it, I had to read THE POE SHADOW because I became a fan of Matthew Pearl's style.
THE LAST DICKENS, however is a different case entirely.  I had to read it because it involved the writing of Dickens' THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD.  Not only that, but, THE LAST DICKENS was one of TWO novels released almost simultaneously involving the mystery surrounding Dickens' unfinished novel.  Dan Simmons' DROOD, though hefty as a door weight, was the other.  They share some characters, but, DROOD goes off in another direction. . .
If you haven't read any Matthew Pearl, I do recommend his literary mysteries.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

vixmom

« Reply #157 on: May 02, 2010, 07:29:37 PM »

Then we raced home so the Vixter could put on a dress and off to church  - after church service and Sunday School were over the Vixter and I were signed  up to help with the church's annual Golf Outing dinner - we were not able to attend but we made the salad for the 75 expected attendees and set up all the tables and chairs

then home again

vixmom

« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »

The Vixter mowed the backyard (she mowed the front yard and one of the side yards yesterday but the mower ran out of gas at that point .)  Since Vixdad bought some more gas she finished the job - then she showered and got ready for her Youth Group sports day - they had a softball game  and various track events

meanwhile I continued to move hostas and clean up the yard - After 2 trips to home depot - 8 bags of mulch and 7 bags of yard debris the yard is starting to look presentable

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: May 02, 2010, 07:38:29 PM »

I'm going to close up a few programs and then head downstairs and go to bed. It's going to be a warm night, I fear. Don't tell me summer is going to get here this early! Argh!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #160 on: May 02, 2010, 07:38:45 PM »

DR Vixmom I look forward to watching the video.

vixmom

« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2010, 07:44:49 PM »

Vixdad put up our "Gazebo" as we call it - it is oneof those tent & trellis type thingies that you can get in Target - it provides nice shade and with the misquito netting, it provides a cooler place to eat dinner on those hot summer days

and now that I have a wireless laptop, hopefully  I will be able to sit out ther and be online!   I haven't tested this yet - but I amhopeful that the wireless router will extend  to the backyard

vixmom

« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2010, 07:46:13 PM »

VIBES that Elmore has a nice quiet, restful  night

vixmom

« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2010, 07:47:44 PM »

DR Vixmom I look forward to watching the video.

me too!!  It was fun watching all the kids on the field

vixmom

« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2010, 07:50:57 PM »

I'm going to close up a few programs and then head downstairs and go to bed. It's going to be a warm night, I fear. Don't tell me summer is going to get here this early! Argh!

It was quite warm today - I would guess high 80's - andit is still quite warm - personally I am thrilled about the change of temperature - as far as I am concerned it can stay liek this until October!

vixmom

« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2010, 07:52:28 PM »

And Vixdad bought us all wireless mice (mouses?)  - so much easier than the touch pad!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2010, 07:54:24 PM »

Well, first things first:  A Very Happy Birthday to DR FJL!! ;D

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2010, 07:54:56 PM »

And thanks everyone for the good wishes and congrats on the show!  More on that in a little bit.

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2010, 07:55:11 PM »

~~~No Clot Vibes for DR Ginny!!~~~

George

« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2010, 07:55:23 PM »

Congrats to the Vixter on the new laptop!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2010, 07:55:36 PM »

Rent went well this weekend.  I had a little issue in the band.  During Act One, the bass player handed his electronic tuner to the guitar player without any explanation. I saw the whole thing and was a little put off by the bass players actions.  I checked with the guitar player after the show and I asked if he requested the tuner and he said no, he thought the whole thing was tacky.  Later in Act Two, when the guitar 2 player came in early, before I had a chance to look over and signal him to stop, the bass player took it upon himself to get the guitar players and attention and tell him to stop.  2 strikes against him today.   This bass player and I have been playing together for 12 years now, I think his attitude and ego has caught up with him.  In the business, we don't confront things like this, we just don't hire again. 

George

« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2010, 07:55:44 PM »

ORDERED....

Earth Vee Ess The Spider!!!!

Ditto...finally!

George

« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2010, 07:56:02 PM »

I don't like today's gory, uber-violent horror films. I've had to review some, and they've been torture for me to sit through. At the same time, when it comes time to review them, I bend over backwards to find positive things to say since even they aren't all bad.

I have no interest in slasher/horror movies that have nothing but killing just for the sake of killing. :P

George

« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2010, 07:57:28 PM »

Thanks Tom.  With luck, I shall be there. 

Hoo and Ray!!

vixmom

« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »

I loved the #1 Ladie's Detective Agency - both the book and  the series - I did not know there were other books  - I shall have to go seek them out!

vixmom

« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2010, 08:02:40 PM »

George I am witing anxioulsy for  full brain report - with photos (I hope)

George

« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2010, 08:06:44 PM »

George I am witing anxioulsy for  full brain report - with photos (I hope)

Here are some backstage photos that I posted on Facebook (in no particular order):

From left to right: Amanda, Lauren, Tyler, Kim, Louise, Russ and Josh

George

« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2010, 08:08:52 PM »

Here is our Brain, Matt as "Miguel," his opening number character (and Rob, our narrator is behind him):

George

« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2010, 08:09:33 PM »

Here is Paul, our Zubrick:

George

« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2010, 08:12:58 PM »

Here are Kim; the Feel-O-Rama nurse, et. al.; Sarah, our fabulous stage manager (she was supposed to be in the show, but volunteered to be the SM when one couldn't be found); and Louise, in her opening number garb (and her real glasses!), before she, yes she becomes Private Partz!  (BK, I hope you don't mind non-traditional casting):

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up