News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FEH  (Read 20916 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FEH
« on: June 09, 2011, 12:14:23 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were feh, and now it is time for you to post until the feh cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: FEH
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: TINTINNABULATION!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 12:16:44 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 12:16:54 AM »

Dino is a dish best served cold.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 03:35:58 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 04:18:42 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 04:21:48 AM »

TOD: I've had many a meal that was overindulgent, but I somehow don't go overboard on things for myself unless it's a trip. This one for Hawaii next week is an example.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 04:46:07 AM »

good morning y'all
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 04:47:13 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Today I must gather my strength and visit the hospital to check on my aunt.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 04:48:00 AM »

TOD

I flew to L.A.  Saturday morning. Went to The Brain From Planet X that evening. Went to my hotel and took an very early plane Sunday morning back home.
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 04:56:25 AM »

Vibes for Cillaliz and all those affected by the weather.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 05:09:42 AM »

DR Cillaliz - thanks for the heads-up that we might be getting some cooler weather soon!  I hope you find your weekend in Wisconsin refreshing - you deserve it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 05:18:02 AM »

BK - with tabbed browsing in Safari, it's possible to be on more than one site at a time.  On a typical day, I have tabs open for Gmail, HHW, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.

Laura

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 05:56:47 AM »

TOD: The most indulgent thing I have done for myself is to landscape my backyard.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 06:07:17 AM »

TOD - The most indulgent thing I've ever done was to walk away from a professional position to be a stay-at-home Mom.  It was costly, not just in terms of $$$, but also in terms of my career path.  And I don't regret it for one minute.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 06:09:32 AM »

TOD:

My grandest indulgence was a spa weekend at St Lucia a few years back.  It was a spur of the moment decision and thus very expensive but worth every moment there.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 06:20:46 AM »

The other day, I came home to find my cable boxes in my living room and in my bedroom going crazy.  There was no TV signal on either box and the displays were flashing a series of letters and numbers.  I didn't bother calling Comcast because I saw the word "boot" flash up and I realized that they were doing some remote work on the boxes.  Well, when I was finally able to turn my livingroom TV on, I found that they had installed a new menu system (I've been getting mailings warning about this for sometime now.)  Whereas before, my cable menus were pretty generic but very useful, these new TV Guide menus are clunky, don't display as much channel info at a time, and contain ads.  Feh, indeed!

Plus, there's some glitch where if I schedule a show to be recorded, the TV will turn itself on when it begins to record.  I woke up at 2:30 AM to the sound of the TV blasting (I had set it up to record a rerun of the Drama Desk Awards showing on Ovation.)  Grrrrrrr...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:22:25 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 06:24:01 AM »

Maybe it's time for another indulgence--a Tivo Premier box.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 06:28:06 AM »

Good morning.  It's a very cool 57 degrees this morning and it feels fabulous!

Cillaliz

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 06:29:43 AM »

I need to go to work this morning then I'm going to pack, pick up the house, leave a note for the cat/house sitter and get out of Dodge for a few days

Cillaliz

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 06:30:12 AM »

I decided to just accept the fact I haven't gotten anything done and move on.  I'll catch up at some point. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 06:31:11 AM »

DR George, I'm not worried about the date/time stamp issue.  The photographer is a good friend of mine and if people think I'm copying her, that's fine.  It's her profession, it's my hobby

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 06:31:12 AM »

I am not a fan of Facebook.  I've heard/read far too many things about how Facebook uses and markets your information and cares very little about your privacy.  Now, of course, our posts here are open for anyone to read, but I never felt that BK was informing some third party corporation about my tastes in movies or music so that they could direct an ad directly to me.

I have been posting occasionally on Facebook, but primarily to my family who are also on there. 

Now, Twitter, on the other hand...  ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:02:11 AM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 06:33:25 AM »

I actually take it as a compliment that she chooses to shoot the same things I did.  It either means she saw my photos and thought it was a good shot....or it means that I have a good eye and just happened to shoot the same things.   There are only so many places we are allowed to go.  The police have blocked things off and with all the new levees everywhere, some places are just impossible to get to

Cillaliz

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 06:36:35 AM »

Facebook has been a god send in the flood fight.   We have a group Siouxland Flooding and people send in requests for volunteers and those who volunteer are told where they are needed the most.  People who have no one to help suddenly have a small army there ready to do what needs to be done.  There are many homes that have a chance to be saved thanks to Facebook   It's an amazing tool

Cillaliz

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 06:38:55 AM »

Of course if you rely on TV, there isn't anything going on.   Just wait till all this water hits St. Louis....won't they be surprised.
Mike Huckabee said it was flooding in Des Moines.....Des Moines isn't even on the Missouri.  You'd think he'd know that....well maybe not

FJL

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 06:56:17 AM »

I have to catch up.  Looks like so much has been going on.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2011, 07:01:13 AM »

BK,

I love the story of Mr. Wilton H. Fremk and his 10,000,000 hits.

It may not make a novel or a screenplay, but it would certainly make a funny SNL-like skit.

:D
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 07:04:49 AM »

TOD:

Would the fact that I have over 3800 movies and TV series on DVD be considered overindulgent?

::)

Before I moved to Austin, I had almost twice that number.

:o
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2011, 07:23:44 AM »

La de DAH dee dah dah.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up