Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GOLD OF GOLDSMITH  (Read 32531 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: THE GOLD OF GOLDSMITH
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2011, 10:06:46 AM »

2 trips to the Goodwill
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2011, 10:07:11 AM »

and a BOATLOAD of stuff for  next weeks churcgh yard sale

vixmom

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2011, 10:07:30 AM »

and I haven't finished looking in all the boxes

vixmom

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2011, 10:07:36 AM »

LATERS!

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2011, 10:12:26 AM »

I will be watching the Tony's live, at least up until 10pm. Normally I can stay up late on Sunday's because I usually go into work at 1pm on Monday's, but this Monday I go in at 7:30 am...so.

And if I can get my laptop to boot up, then I will also be at the HHW Tony bash.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2011, 10:27:46 AM »

I would ask everyone, "What was your favorite moment of any Tony's broadcast?"

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2011, 10:28:56 AM »

Michael Jeter's performance and acceptance speech was my all time favorite Tony moment

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2011, 10:34:23 AM »

I would ask everyone, "What was your favorite moment of any Tony's broadcast?"

Without a doubt, Brent Barrett (WSMA) and Michael Jeeter doing "We'll Take A Glass Together."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPl5ePNppNY

You notice how I made this in to two posts instead of one (Clever these Americans).
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2011, 10:37:46 AM »

Quote from BK:
I’ve been a little surprised at some of the attitudes from certain dear readers in the last couple of years, awards bash-wise. The attitude seems to be, “I don’t care who wins or loses, so I’m not attending the haineshisway.com awards bash.” That seems more than a little silly to me – our bashes are not about who wins or loses whatever awards we’re watching – it’s about posting and having a partay and having fun – it’s camaraderie, and it used to be the best time. So, I would ask those sporting the attitude to come on by anyway and have a good time. That’s what we’re supposed to be about.

Here, here!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2011, 10:43:25 AM »

I'vw been going through the set ups for the EILEEN orchestra parts before we print. and that's a lotta pages. Some look great, some raise quibbles. My biggest problem is the first violin section, and I wish I'd been more emphatic six weeks ago about putting the part on two staves whenever they divide into two or more parts. Overall, they're looking good.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »

Today: finish laundry, mop and vacuum, and put away things that have accumulated since the middle of May.

DR Jose, I sent Greg Jarrett an email about house seats for DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY; if I don't hear from him, I'll try Ms Luker or Don Stephenson. Oh, my friend Simon Jones is in it, too!

I need to send Don Stepehenson a overdue fan letter.  Actually about 12 years overdue.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2011, 10:46:04 AM »

I wrote too soon; I opened a number, looked at the bass part and almost fell off my chair. This needs fixing.

I just got an email telling me only three numbers are ready for examination, so I guess I looked at them as well as others. i'm retiring for the afternoon. First a trip to the market, then a DVD.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:27:54 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2011, 11:31:49 AM »

I'm up after nine hours of sleep, which I dearly needed. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2011, 11:32:13 AM »

The sun did finally come out yesterday, in the very late afternoon, but it's MIA again today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2011, 11:33:15 AM »

I don't think there'll be many surprises tonight, but just put spoiler warnings if you're going to name something or someone.  I don't really care one way or the other, however.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2011, 11:33:58 AM »

I, too, got those things from Shayne - I opened the first one and it just said something like "content not available" or something.  Hoping that's not a problem.

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2011, 12:15:26 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima at a pretty reasonable hour.  Now, we've been going there for 2 years and just learned today what L.I.M.A. stands for.  Are you ready?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2011, 12:15:35 PM »

Lost
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2011, 12:15:44 PM »

In

Ginny

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2011, 12:15:52 PM »

Middle

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2011, 12:16:06 PM »

America

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2011, 12:26:24 PM »

Something peculiar is going on in Toyland today!

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2011, 01:02:15 PM »

My Mom has some papers for me and I have some for her, so I'm going out to visit her for a bit - bye for now!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2011, 01:09:01 PM »

DR JOSE - I posted a couple of your ANNIE pics on Facebook.....and I am going to post your TONY SET pic, too!

How exciting.

I am now preparing for my CAMELOT auditions....well....I am prepared, just getting things together....

My topic for today then is......what is your favorite song from CAMELOT - and have you ever seen a production that ran less than ALMOST 3 hours?

Sometimes closer to four hours.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2011, 01:23:58 PM »

DR JOSE - I posted a couple of your ANNIE pics on Facebook.....and I am going to post your TONY SET pic, too!

How exciting.

I am now preparing for my CAMELOT auditions....well....I am prepared, just getting things together....

My topic for today then is......what is your favorite song from CAMELOT - and have you ever seen a production that ran less than ALMOST 3 hours?

Sometimes closer to four hours.

The worst production of CAMELOT I ever saw was at Miami University Theatre in 1972 or late 1971, I believe; it was endless, with truly horrid direction by the oaf who was the director of the Theatre Dept for far too long. He did a lot of evil things and I'm very happy he's retired to spread his evil persona around California.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2011, 01:39:44 PM »

from laura
I'm not sure my post came across the way I meant it to.

i agree with you and am glad she was at the show.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2011, 01:41:32 PM »

She called last night and I asked her if she told her daddy about the slide we went on.  So she must have turned to him cause I hear, "daddy ... slide ... auntie".  That was her rendition of the day!:)

Btw it is so sweet to hear her finally say auntie.  She just started saying it on Friday. For almost a year she's been calling me nana. She made up that name herself. And then all of a sudden on Friday she saw me coming up her lawn. And she screamed out "auntie". Since everyone was oohing and aahing over it now she can't stop saying it.

cute :)

Jane

« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2011, 01:44:15 PM »

"Michael Shayne" also sent me a bunch of nonsense wall posts.  I think what's going on is you FB regulars are opening links on *your* wall posts which allow those apps to access your friend lists, and then the whole thing just ripples out.  Perhaps this started with the posts from "Danise."

explains why email said i had 2 posts from him which wouldn't connect at FB.  he obviously removed them.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2011, 01:52:15 PM »

So, I watched TRUE GRIT last night...and I did enjoy it.

Comparing it to the John Wayne original:

Certainly the Coens Brothers have taken a darker, less humorous approach to the material. 

I really liked the look of the picture, and Matt Damon was much better as the Texas Ranger than Glen Campbell.

The girl was terrific.  If she keeps her head on straight, she could be a big star some day.

John Wayne or Jeff Bridges?

Wayne was a bit more fun, but it's really a toss-up.  Both of them were excellent.

As an overall film, this new version is probably slightly better than the original, but Wayne's movie was good, too, and is a minor classic.  That makes me wonder:

Why bother remaking this story at all?

we prefer the original.  wayne just is perfect for the role plus we understood every word he said.  we also prefer the chemistry, which seemed to be lacking in the remake, between cogburn & mattie.  while i liked hailee very much she was too one dimensional, IMHO. 

Jane

« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2011, 01:57:33 PM »

craig will be watching the original true grit tonight.  i expect he will prefer the remake.  we shall see.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Up