Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ELBOW PASTA  (Read 4359 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: ELBOW PASTA
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2020, 01:16:34 PM »

Felix Unger, Go Daddy!!!!  Felix Unger!!!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2020, 01:19:41 PM »

That is terrible news, DR JRand70.

I believe there is some sort of "go back machine" function of Google that can retrieve the last archived version of a website.

Worth checking out, to save all of that information.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

ChasSmith

« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2020, 01:24:06 PM »

Yes!  Like DR singdaw says, there is SOMETHING -- I don't know what or where -- on the internet where supposedly just about every page of every site gets archived.  I would start googling it, and ask around.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2020, 01:25:16 PM »

Today I get to go get a COVID test.

It's an unpleasant process, but mercifully brief.

Evidently, I have to administer it myself.  I watched a video sent by the people running the clinic, looks easy.  We'll see....

Is this the Q-tip through nostril up to your sinuses, DR Matthew?  I don't know if I could do it successfully or not.  I'd prefer a technician.

Yes.  It's actually easy.  The instructions of how far up to go were easy as well - until you start to get teary-eyed or sneeze - which is good because you can control it.  It's uncomfortable for about a second.  You can go as fast or as slow as you want.   

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2020, 01:56:02 PM »

What do you do with the test once you have done it?  Do you immediately return?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2020, 02:20:48 PM »

I heard that DR ELMORE.....

My dream consisted of you being in an elevator with YOU KNOW WHO and in the ensuing silence you said: "I enjoy your work very much."

And You Know Who replied:  "Why would I give a s#!t what you think?"

So at least you were spared that.....except in my dream.

The only celebrity I can recall running into an elevator was back in the 1990s and I was riding the elevator to the rehearsal studios at 56th and 8th Avenue with Alex Rybeck.  Robert de Niro - or was it Al Pacino? I forget now - was in it with some of his entourage.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2020, 02:22:24 PM »

Well, to my utter surprise, I just got an inquiry about working on something for the Philly Pops holiday concert.  Zoom meeting tomorrow.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2020, 02:28:00 PM »

Well our theatre website is now just a shell of what it was.

Our host Go Daddy has let us know that our website is so old and obsolete that they can only host part of it.

All of our drop down menus and that information is gone.....including our history, our photo albums, our attendance history from 1962 that included links to all the programs for the shows.....

Our past seasons, our workshops. and our upcoming shows/audition/information pages....our board information and By-Laws pages....etc....  We had about seven drop down menus with several links on each.....

GONE....we are now nothing but a front page.......and I don't think we are archived anywhere.....so Goodbye, Old Friend.....

First off, GoDaddy is horrible - NEVER host with them.  That said, THEY should have everything archived and they should send it to you.  That said, you'll remember when you lost I can't remember what - Francis Farmer stuff, maybe - I found it all for you archived because Google caches old stuff.  See if you can search and find it that way.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2020, 02:30:28 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - maybe eight hours of sleep.  Riddle me this: Why is it when you're overtired that you can't fall asleep.  I was in bed by two-thirty and couldn't fall asleep.  I got up at five-thirty for an hour and then went back to bed and finally fell asleep around seven and woke up at two, so I think with the hour I slept prior, that's eight.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2020, 02:41:26 PM »

Our host Go Daddy has let us know that our website is so old and obsolete that they can only host part of it.

All of our drop down menus and that information is gone.....including our history, our photo albums, our attendance history from 1962 that included links to all the programs for the shows.....

Our past seasons, our workshops. and our upcoming shows/audition/information pages....our board information and By-Laws pages....etc....  We had about seven drop down menus with several links on each.....

GONE....we are now nothing but a front page.......and I don't think we are archived anywhere.....so Goodbye, Old Friend.....

So sorry, DR JRand70.

ChasSmith

« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2020, 03:11:21 PM »

Overtired but can't fall asleep:

BEEN THERE. Many, many times.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2020, 03:20:31 PM »

Yup, happens on a regular basis.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2020, 03:37:36 PM »

In addition to the Dark Shadows episodes, we have been watching the original Upstairs, Downstairs serials. I remember my parents watching them religiously on PBS in the 1970's.

This weekend when I was taking (being given) DVDs from my mom's house, one of the sets was the complete original Upstairs, Downstairs series.  I remember my parents watching and really enjoying the show when it was being broadcast, so at some point, my sister and I bought them the DVDs.  My mom doesn't really watch DVDs anymore, so she said that I could take it...that and Monk.  She really liked that show, so I took that complete series, also.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2020, 03:58:33 PM »

Thank you all for the responses.  Yes MR BK you located my "lost" Allison Hayes info that had been someplace - I immediately moved it to BlogSpot where it has resided ever since - and it gets a healthy number of annual visits.

And I can tell by the wording of some other blogs and news stories that it is used by MANY folks as a basis of their own reporting.....including a RECENT six page story in CLASSIC IMAGES MAGAZINE which at least mentioned me at the very end in very small type.....even though many of the paragraphs were directly from the blog....with a word to two switched around or an extra word added......

Former DR MBARNUM alerted me to that happening!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2020, 04:06:57 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2020, 04:09:10 PM »

I am home from the dentist and now have a temporary crown. I was a bit worried that I might need more than just a replacement crown, but that does not seem to be the case. The money that I saved a couple weeks ago on car repair has now gone to pay the dentist.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2020, 04:10:16 PM »

I stopped at the little bakery a few doors down for a mini pie (or two) -- once I have use of my mouth back.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2020, 04:12:47 PM »

While waiting in line outside (only two customers allowed inside at a time), an older man struck up a conversation. He'd worked in environmental science and was comparing that to the pandemic. We had an interesting conversation. I find that people are friendlier these days. I think it's a feeling of we're all in this together.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2020, 04:15:51 PM »

And the new bookstore is now open! Yay! I thought I'd never see another independent, non-Amazon bookstore. It's quite nice, actually, and I look forward to returning when I feel a bit more like myself. They're hosting a book club. I asked about book signings and was told they probably would do some once Covid is over.

It's www.thebookjewel.com

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2020, 04:20:45 PM »

And because this feels like a Mercury retrograde 100 times over, the tire pressure indicator went off on the way home. I am such a klutz when it comes to inflating my tires and cannot get it right, so I swung by my mechanic's and someone very quickly and efficiently checked them. They were fine. I was told that in hot weather the tires swell a bit. I suspect that the internal gauge is a little too sensitive. I was relieved that they took care of it so quickly. (And no charge.) This is how one builds customer loyalty. And they have.

George

« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2020, 04:21:08 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2020, 04:22:48 PM »

Oh, no!  That's terrible! :-\

George

« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2020, 04:25:10 PM »

Well, to my utter surprise, I just got an inquiry about working on something for the Philly Pops holiday concert.  Zoom meeting tomorrow.

Good luck, Larry!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2020, 04:25:15 PM »

Yes thanks for the encouragement - I found my pages at webarchive.com.......not everything was there.....our show pages weren't - but those are temporary anyway.

I was able to get our Board Page, History Page, Attendance Page, and People of.....page....so there is that.

Thanks, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2020, 04:28:56 PM »

I’ve a 30-hour mystery to entertain me on the ride back tomorrow and a couple of backups if that proves deadly dull.

Does JB ever help with the driving?

George

« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2020, 04:30:38 PM »

Yes thanks for the encouragement - I found my pages at webarchive.com.......not everything was there.....our show pages weren't - but those are temporary anyway.

I was able to get our Board Page, History Page, Attendance Page, and People of.....page....so there is that.

Thanks, everyone.

Whew!!  VERY good news!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2020, 04:32:07 PM »

Today I get to go get a COVID test.

It's an unpleasant process, but mercifully brief.

Evidently, I have to administer it myself.  I watched a video sent by the people running the clinic, looks easy.  We'll see....

Is this the Q-tip through nostril up to your sinuses, DR Matthew?  I don't know if I could do it successfully or not.  I'd prefer a technician.

Yes.  It's actually easy.  The instructions of how far up to go were easy as well - until you start to get teary-eyed or sneeze - which is good because you can control it.  It's uncomfortable for about a second.  You can go as fast or as slow as you want.   

This is good to hear. I've not had the test, but would prefer to do it myself when that time comes.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2020, 04:32:52 PM »

Very good news! Vibes it goes well.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2020, 04:36:18 PM »

Thanks, everyone.

Glad you found it.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2020, 04:37:20 PM »

TTFN.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up