Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE APOSTROPHE  (Read 28947 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE APOSTROPHE
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2007, 07:56:03 PM »

But that hasn't helped take the stain out of my sink.  I'll figure something out. There are only a few spots and it isn't a white sink, so I don't want to go crazy and have the color of the sink fade.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2007, 07:56:35 PM »

I don't mind the grey, I think it adds highlights and the grey in my hair is a really nice grey, I just don't like the drab color the rest of my hair seems to have become.   It looks like it did when I was younger now

LOL! That's what I call them. Highlights!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2007, 07:57:07 PM »

Congrats George!  Want to pick a page 7 dance?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2007, 07:58:40 PM »

Well, I'm going to get something to eat now.  And I have a bit of a headache...just a bit, though.  After I eat, I've got to get rid of some recycling stuff and take out the trash.  I have several bags that need to go.  Then, when that's all done, it's TV watching time.  I hope I recorded "Ghost Whisperer" and "Las Vegas" from last night. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2007, 07:59:39 PM »

I spent 5 1/2 hours at the office today. I think I've got all my files organized and I finished all the bs bureaucratic paperwork I had to do for the end of last month.  I may go in tomorrow and do some things of substance....or I may be scrubbing the bathroom

Edisaurus

« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2007, 08:00:55 PM »

I bought a black a dress with instructions to wash it by hand in cold water. When I did, all the black dye came out into the sink and I flung it into the huge claw-foot tub. It stained the sink and the tub. The sink was one of those composite types from Home Depot so I used Barkeeper's Friend scouring powder and that did the trick. But it is abrasive!

The tub is a 6 foot long antique so I didn't want to scour it. It's still stained. I was SO P-Oed!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2007, 08:02:47 PM »

Congrats George!  Want to pick a page 7 dance?

Thanks!  How about the Woobsha (?) Cut-a-Rug Dance!! ;)

« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 08:06:00 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2007, 08:03:24 PM »

If you'd like your own copy (or another copy), I can certainly accommodate. I still have the master. I haven't gotten around to burning my own yet.

Thanks, Matt! I can burn one at work...it gives the boys in the back room something to do!

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »

I bought a black a dress with instructions to wash it by hand in cold water. When I did, all the black dye came out into the sink and I flung it into the huge claw-foot tub. It stained the sink and the tub. The sink was one of those composite types from Home Depot so I used Barkeeper's Friend scouring powder and that did the trick. But it is abrasive!

The tub is a 6 foot long antique so I didn't want to scour it. It's still stained. I was SO P-Oed!

I saw a hint on a website saying to try the peroxide gel for zits.  Peroxide fades dye and the gel stays put.   It's a thought

Edisaurus

« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2007, 08:07:27 PM »

Eleven-Hundred Pound 'Hogzilla' Killed in Georgia[/b]

That's near Greg's folks. Sounds like that would be enough BBQ to feed the whole county!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2007, 08:09:14 PM »

I saw a hint on a website saying to try the peroxide gel for zits.  Peroxide fades dye and the gel stays put.   It's a thought

This sounds like a good candidate for an "Ask Martha" question.  You could end up with some free stuff!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2007, 08:17:03 PM »

This sounds like a good candidate for an "Ask Martha" question.  You could end up with some free stuff!

Does she have a website to ask the questions? I suppose I could look, huh

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2007, 08:20:06 PM »

OMG! I am SO sorry to read about your health emergency, DR Ann. I hope you feel better very soon!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2007, 08:22:33 PM »

I was able to finish the rest of the episodes of THE HARDY BOYS on the first disc in the set. I suspect this gets me about halfway through the story.

I remember vividly being TERRIFIED of that owl in the tower. It truly gave me shivers as a little kid. Makes me laugh now, of course, but it certainly kept me on the edge of my seat as a youngster watching this for the first time. Mr. Applegate also scared me to death with his cutlass.

Cillaliz

« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2007, 08:24:43 PM »

I found the Ask Martha site and sent in my question.  I'll let you know if any good stuff comes rolling in.  I could use Martha Stewart to finish cleaning and organizing my house, but I didn't ask if she'd do that, lol

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2007, 08:28:04 PM »

DR ELMORE - want me to put a hold on that house for ya?

$19,000's a bit steep for me at the moment.  Maybe after my royalties on "The Brain From Planet X" start rolling in!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2007, 08:29:01 PM »

I watched Steven Spielberg's MUNICH tonight for the first time. Well made as his pictures are always, and there certainly were involving characters and story (I liked the irony of the hunters becoming the hunted, but weren't we talking about THE CONVERSATION earlier today; everything old is new again), but like many of his pictures now, too long for my taste, and saving the final airport massacre to play in counterpoint to the protagonist's lovemaking reunion with his wife was not particularly effective for me.

The murder of the hitwoman was one of the more disturbing images ever in a Spielberg movie.

Matt H.

« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2007, 08:31:57 PM »

I ended my evening with the HBO First Look: THE GOOD SHEPHERD. The just released movie has gotten reviews that run the gamut from great to disappointing, so I thought maybe this 15 minute sneak peek might help me decide if I wanted to try to catch it.

Seems like an interesting enough story, but I think that'll be another I'll wait to show up on pay cable. Looks like a wonderful cast, though.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2007, 08:43:11 PM »

I found the Ask Martha site and sent in my question.  I'll let you know if any good stuff comes rolling in.  I could use Martha Stewart to finish cleaning and organizing my house, but I didn't ask if she'd do that, lol

Hmm... I should check the taping schedule for next week.  Maybe I could snag a stand-by seat.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2007, 08:45:26 PM »

I ended my evening with the HBO First Look: THE GOOD SHEPHERD. The just released movie has gotten reviews that run the gamut from great to disappointing, so I thought maybe this 15 minute sneak peek might help me decide if I wanted to try to catch it.

Seems like an interesting enough story, but I think that'll be another I'll wait to show up on pay cable. Looks like a wonderful cast, though.

...Talk about a long(!) movie!  160 minutes!  -Even my friend who loves all the spy and CIA stuff thought it was a bit too long.  However, he got his $10/ticket's worth.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 08:46:56 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2007, 08:56:11 PM »

...Talk about a long(!) movie!  160 minutes!  -Even my friend who loves all the spy and CIA stuff thought it was a bit too long.  However, he got his $10/ticket's worth.

Thanks for the warning! Whatever happened to making COMPACT spy thrillers than run less than two hours?

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2007, 08:56:38 PM »

I'm off to bed now.

Good night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2007, 09:11:22 PM »

Hmm... I should check the taping schedule for next week.  Maybe I could snag a stand-by seat.

Don't tell me they call the people who write in...wouldn't that be funny, Martha Stewart calling the Federal Defender's Office...they'd think it was a sick joke instead of where I really work

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2007, 09:13:27 PM »

I think it's time for me to go to bed. I started reading Erik Larsen's "Thunderstruck" last night and it looks like it's going to be interesting.  He's one of the few who can write nonfiction in a good read sort of way

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #204 on: January 06, 2007, 09:23:32 PM »

Although many of my fellow students had hairdos similar to your avatar, I have a feeling I was there much earlier than you! (73-78).

It took me 2 extra quarters because I started out in Music Therapy, then Music Theory, then ended up getting a degree in film!

LOL!  I thought you meant 2 extra coins, which seemed really cheap!
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2007, 09:31:44 PM »

Goodness, I really hope I haven't yet become a "former" dear reader!  I must start making my presence known more often, so I don't run that risk.  I know I haven't been great about posting, but I still consider myself a Kimlet at heart.  

George

« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »

Goodness, I really hope I haven't yet become a "former" dear reader!  I must start making my presence known more often, so I don't run that risk.  I know I haven't been great about posting, but I still consider myself a Kimlet at heart.  

DR Ann, you will ALWAYS be a Kimlet (or a Hainsie)!!  Never fear!! ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2007, 09:38:55 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]GOOD HEALTH VIBES TO DD ANN![/move]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #208 on: January 06, 2007, 09:51:41 PM »

Thank you everyone for the congrats.  I am now, TPunk, LMSW!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2007, 09:52:13 PM »

Ann, that sounds terrible. I hope that you heal and feel better soon.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 09:52:36 PM by TPunk »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up