Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: GREEN DAY  (Read 15456 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: GREEN DAY
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2010, 02:18:22 PM »

I'm finished with whatever it is I had to do and now I think I shall watch a motion picture on Blu and Ray since I won't have time to do that later.

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2010, 03:09:24 PM »

Signing out to go out for our St. Patrick's dinner - at Grecian Delight, of course!

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2010, 03:47:27 PM »

Goodnes - Teddy needs a Tums for his Troubled Tummy.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2010, 04:17:35 PM »

While I ate lunch, I watched last night's FLASH FORWARD recap show. I remembered everything they mentioned, and I hadn't forgotten anything or misunderstood anything, but it was nice to put it all back into my head. I'll be ready now for the show to resume on Thursday night.

Thanks. I didn't know it was a recap show-good idea.

Jane

« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2010, 04:18:47 PM »

Signing out to go out for our St. Patrick's dinner - at Grecian Delight, of course!

Bye for now!

Very Irish-lol

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2010, 04:29:23 PM »

Piano is happily ensconced in the new house.  What a difference in acoustics over there with the huge cathedral ceilings (and the carpeted floor).  The piano movers were really nice guys.  I tipped them on top of the money I paid.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2010, 04:43:11 PM »

:D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2010, 05:18:23 PM »

Piano is happily ensconced in the new house.  What a difference in acoustics over there with the huge cathedral ceilings (and the carpeted floor).  The piano movers were really nice guys.  I tipped them on top of the money I paid.

Very nice.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2010, 05:28:37 PM »

More Hoffman info.  Thanks DR ELMORE.

Perhaps we should have a Dustin Hoffman performance day today.

I can't say I like him, I usually avoid him because he seems so mannered in his performances and gives a lot of "look at me" acting signals....IMO.

But - he has done some nice things.

Off the wall - I like him in STRAW DOGS.

That is my problem with Mr. Hoffman in DEATH OF A SALESMAN.  I never saw his Broadway performance where it might well have worked, but under the glare of the cameras I thought his performance was very mannered and unnaturally "showy."

Still, some of his screen work, such as MIDNIGHT COWBOY is so painfully real that it hurts.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2010, 05:29:44 PM »

Today I am getting my hair cut - all of them - but that won't take long.

Couldn't you just send them out?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2010, 05:31:29 PM »

I could....DR TCB....but it was postponed anyway.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2010, 05:32:20 PM »

Question for BK...and/or anybody else who wants to answer:

[No disrespect is intended by this question.  I am just curious.]

There are a lot of good movies out there, and there are even more crappy movies out there.

I know, because I've written a few of the crappy ones.  Yes, I was paid to write them and, my only defense is that, in the vast majority of cases, what I wrote is not what finally wound up on the screen. 

So, my question is: Why do we watch these crappy movies when we know, in front (from reviews or having seen it before), that they are crappy movies?

BK watched DADDY'S GONE A HUNTING last night.  He had seen it before.  He knew it was crap.  So, why waste two hours of your life that you will never get back again?

Is it nostalgia?

Maybe it is.  The other night, I watched THE DEADLY MANTIS and THE LAND UNKNOWN, both terrible...but I'd seen them in the theaters when I was a kid.

Like I said, no disrespect intended.  It's just a question for discussion.

a) I watch some of the new movies that have been called crappy because sometimes I do not agree with reviewers or the public.

b) Sometimes older movies age well and have redeeming qualities years later - that has happened quite a bit.  And sometimes I just don't remember enough and I want to see why I thought it was so bad.  With Daddy's Gone A Hunting it was simple - I wanted to hear the John Williams score again

I loved DADDY'S GONE A HUNTING!  I have seen the film several times.  Sometimes crap is just what the doctor ordered.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2010, 06:01:58 PM »

One sister.  Daine.  Three years (and two months) older.  Married to husband Jim in 1966.  Divorced in the mid Seventies.  One child, a daughter, Danielle, now 40.  She has never married, but has two children, my great nephews, Elijah and Xavier.
She married husband Jim in the mid-eighties.  Still married.  They had the same daughter that they had the first time around; still 40.

My sister and I did not get along at all when we were growing up.  She used to lock me out of the house in my pajamas when my mother was at church.  We became much closer when we both became adults; and I got bigger than her.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 06:23:09 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2010, 06:06:23 PM »

Bye for now!

Very Irish-lol

:P  We went there because we'd heard about the good fish they have on Wednesdays and Fridays during Lent.  The choices were baked or fried, so I, trying to be virtuous, chose baked.  What they neglected to say was that the baked fish was smothered in onions, which I really, really don't like.  Even though I scraped them off, I still could not eat the fish.  If this has been a fancy restaurant, I'd have sent it back, but it's really just a fast food jernt and I didn't want to cause a scene.  Richard had ordered the fried fish, so we shared that and then went for ice cream.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2010, 06:12:04 PM »

While I ate lunch, I watched last night's FLASH FORWARD recap show. I remembered everything they mentioned, and I hadn't forgotten anything or misunderstood anything, but it was nice to put it all back into my head. I'll be ready now for the show to resume on Thursday night.

Thanks. I didn't know it was a recap show-good idea.

I just started watching this show a few days ago. I had recorded all 10 episodes but had never watched them. I thought the first episode was only so-so. But i really liked show #2 and 3. I have now watched the first 4. So i have 6 more before Thursdays show. I had no idea that Penny from LOST was on it. I love her!

Jennifer

« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2010, 06:15:01 PM »

I am gonna go watch the IDOL results show now.  I agree with DR MattH. Nobody seem like a true star right now. Although the judges are in love with Crystal. My favorite i think is didi. I would not care if they got rid of tim, paige, aaron, Andrew or Lacey.

Jane

« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2010, 06:15:11 PM »

Ginny is it onions in general you don't like or just smothered on fish?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2010, 06:16:20 PM »

DR GINNY - if MR BK can't come the first week, and you and DH RICHARD are traveling over for an evening performance - perhaps we can all be there one evening the second week, except for DR KURT who will be in Chicago during the second week.

DR JRand - I'm leaning toward the 23rd, because on the 16th I have luncheon plans in Cincinnati with our very own DR DakotaCelt.

Ginny, in case you change your mind; this site has driving directions for getting to the theater in Olympia (it is beautiful in Olympia in May).

http://calendar.thenewstribune.com/olympia-wa/events/show/95305365-theater-arts-olympia-presents-the-brain-from-planet-x-the-musical

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2010, 06:17:05 PM »

As FLASHFORWARD progressed I became somewhat bored with it.  I thought Keith had removed it, yet it has begun recording again ;D  Seems we are giving it another try.

Jennifer

« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2010, 06:18:30 PM »

I enjoyed last night's LOST and thought Sawyer's story was quite interesting.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2010, 06:18:40 PM »

DR GINNY - if MR BK can't come the first week, and you and DH RICHARD are traveling over for an evening performance - perhaps we can all be there one evening the second week, except for DR KURT who will be in Chicago during the second week.

DR JRand - I'm leaning toward the 23rd, because on the 16th I have luncheon plans in Cincinnati with our very own DR DakotaCelt.

Ginny, in case you change your mind; this site has driving directions for getting to the theater in Olympia (it is beautiful in Olympia in May).

http://calendar.thenewstribune.com/olympia-wa/events/show/95305365-theater-arts-olympia-presents-the-brain-from-planet-x-the-musical

And what about the West Coast HHW's?  Isn't anyone going to come support George (and BK)?
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2010, 06:19:19 PM »

I fixed low-fat corned "beef" and cabbage tonight. Pathetic, really.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2010, 06:19:53 PM »

As FLASHFORWARD progressed I became somewhat bored with it.  I thought Keith had removed it, yet it has begun recording again ;D  Seems we are giving it another try.

I almost gave up on it after episode 1. But it's quite interesting when you watch all the episodes one after another. I won't say i love it. But so far after 4 episodes i find it interesting.

Since I have few shows on thurs/fri maybe i will catch up by the weekend.

Jennifer

« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »

I made a roast chicken, mashed turnip and mashed potatoes.  My niece used to love everything I made. Then she started disliking her favorite.

She used to love when i made her homemade mac and cheese and now she says she prefers Kraft Dinner. 

Almost every meal i used to bring to her that she loved she no longer wants.  Thankfully after tonight's dinner she said she loved it (she chose it) and asked if she could have it every wednesday from now on . :)

Jane

« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2010, 06:22:08 PM »

Does anyone have a blanket with sleeves?  Keith, who was oblivious to the fact these existed, saw them on the opening of "Cougar Town" and exclaimed he wanted one for his birthday. 

I've done a little research & have read to get the Slanket for comfort & softness.

Jennifer

« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2010, 06:22:23 PM »

Very interesting LOST article DR Jose!

Jennifer

« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2010, 06:23:08 PM »

Does anyone have a blanket with sleeves?  Keith, who was oblivious to the fact these existed, saw them on the opening of "Cougar Town" and exclaimed he wanted one for his birthday. 

I've done a little research & have read to get the Slanket for comfort & softness.

A snuggie!

I don't have one but really really want one.

Just make sure you get the plush ones and not the crappy imitations.

Laura

« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2010, 06:26:20 PM »

I have a Snuggie. It is leopard-spotted.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2010, 06:26:43 PM »

DR Jane they seem to be made of fleece, which doesn't seem comfortable to me. But they are supposed to be really comfy. I guess it depends which kind you get. Snuggies are the only ones i had heard about.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2010, 06:27:08 PM »

A snuggie!

I don't have one but really really want one.

Just make sure you get the plush ones and not the crappy imitations.

It is rather frightening to think that there are imitation snuggies!  The only thing worse would be an imitation Chea pet.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up