Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AMNESIA  (Read 16826 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: AMNESIA
« Reply #180 on: March 18, 2010, 06:52:57 PM »

Oy!  I worked from 5:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. today.  It has been a long day.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #181 on: March 18, 2010, 06:53:51 PM »

Back from a rather interesting visit with the naturopath.  There is no way I can delicately repeat some of her advice on a family site, other than to allude to the fact that she recommended I "reach completion" (if you catch my drift) as much as possible, either with or without my spouse.  I am still giggling.  Had I known this was the sort of advice a naturopath gives, I would have visited MUCH sooner.  :)

Maybe you will get a chance to review YANK!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #182 on: March 18, 2010, 06:58:04 PM »

Remember my mother's youngest brother, my Uncle Bob? I got this email from my cousin Sue today:

He is slipping fast. He knew I was in the room, but I'm not sure he knew who I was. He tried to talk, but all he could do was mutter a few words that I couldn't understand. His hands are very swollen. He can't eat or drink, and they can't give him an IV because his kidneys can't handle the fluids. He would drown in his own body fluids if they did that. They can give him a few drops of water from an oral syringe and wipe his mouth with glycerine swabs. His eyes roam around the room as if he's seeing things the rest of us can't see. From time to time, I thought I saw a look of recognition in his eyes, but that may have been wishful thinking.

Please send him vibes for a swift and painless passing. I don't think there's anything better I could wish for him at this point.

Consider them sent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2010, 06:59:17 PM »

I wonder if Fess Parker will be buried with one of those coonskin caps we were writing about just days ago.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »

Vibes for UNCLE BOB and DR ELMORE....and thanks to the latter for the YANK.

::)
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2010, 07:02:23 PM »

....anyhow...I do plan on coming up to see the Brain, once BK has decided what day he will be there. Not only will it be wonderful to see our two Washingtonian DRs, but it will also be a lot of fun to see my all time favorite musical play!

Not to mention, Jed and Ann have one of the world's cutest babies!

Oh wait, Jed and Ann were probably the two Washingtonian DRs that Mike was looking forward to seeing.

;D

I would love to meet Toby, Ann & Jed too. ;) 

Jane

« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2010, 07:02:54 PM »

Bruce, if Keith & I both go to Olympia we will have Sherlock with us.

Is that a threat?

No way!  It would mean Keith would not see the play.

Jane

« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2010, 07:04:23 PM »

Have him wear a "Service Dog" scarf and take him to the show. (Sherlock, not Keith).

der Brucer

You don't even need a "Service Dog" scarf.  In Washington State it is illegal to question someone about their service animal.

::)  The dog doesn't even have to wear the service jacket?  Amazing.  How do they know you are sneaking the dog in?  There are plenty of people who have service dogs that look perfectly healthy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2010, 07:18:30 PM »

Have him wear a "Service Dog" scarf and take him to the show. (Sherlock, not Keith).

der Brucer

You don't even need a "Service Dog" scarf.  In Washington State it is illegal to question someone about their service animal.

::)  The dog doesn't even have to wear the service jacket?  Amazing.  How do they know you are sneaking the dog in?  There are plenty of people who have service dogs that look perfectly healthy.

That is the point.  They are not allowed to question the animal (or rather the person about the animal).  People bring their dogs of all varities into the suppermarkets and into restaurants.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2010, 07:19:32 PM »

A lot of people suddenly have "service dogs" to ease their anxieties.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2010, 07:25:04 PM »

DR GINNY - your life is now once again your own!  Hurray!

Yay!  Thanks, DR JRand!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2010, 07:28:33 PM »

A lot of people suddenly have "service dogs" to ease their anxieties.

lol.  Maybe we will move to Washington.  Do you ever seen jackets on the dogs?

Jane

« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2010, 07:31:54 PM »

We took Sherlock to Office Depot today & as usual he got lots of attention in the store.

We each got a new wireless keyboard & mouse.  I got speakers for my computer that arrived today (Keith still has to set it up) and was going to buy a desk chair.  The only one available was the floor model & they wanted to charge the full price + $8.00 for assembling it.  They would have shipped one at no extra cost.  I found it online for less + free shipping.  I need to double check the measurements.  If they work I'll order it.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2010, 07:35:22 PM »

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2010, 07:38:16 PM »

In fact, I think there may have even been a theme song with a lyric by Livingston-Evans, which Percy recorded as a 45, but which never made it to LP.

"Love Me Now"
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #195 on: March 18, 2010, 07:39:36 PM »

I think Dustin probably would remember Charlie, as Dustin was the beneficiary of Charlie's rather generous largesse in Dustin's early hardscrabble years in NYC.  Of course, that was Charlie's side of the story, LOL.

What was Charlie's last name?

Edisaurus

« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2010, 07:43:02 PM »

But even Mel Brooks alludes to it (in a sort of tangential way) on the commentary for the original PRODUCERS when he talks about Dustin leaving the cast (he was going to do the Wilder role), and throwing pebbles at Brooks' apartment window on W. 11th--all of those buildings (including the one Dustin lived in) were owned by Charlie.

Oh, I bet he would remember him then. It's odd the things you assume people would remember, like recording the narration for THE POINT, but he didn't remember that, or who Harry Nilsson was (who did the song "Everybody's Talking" form MIDNIGHT COWBOY) but then remembered all the lyrics to an obscure song that he thought Nilsson wrote.

Edisaurus

« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2010, 07:45:13 PM »

DR Amy, CONTINUED VIBES FOR DH PETER’S PARENT’S!!!

Thanks, Jane!

Greg's dad is home now, so I will be doing some "dad-sitting" this weekend.

Edisaurus

« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2010, 07:47:44 PM »

Lunch ran long, so when I got in, I immediately put in TOY STORY 2. The movie was just as funny and just as touching as I remembered it. Absolutely love the Randy Newman song "When Somebody Loved Me." That sequence is just as moving in its own way as the story of the marriage in the recent UP. When it comes to mixing humor and heart, nobody comes close to Pixar these days.

That song destroys me!

Edisaurus

« Reply #199 on: March 18, 2010, 07:51:03 PM »

~~~~~TRAVEL VIBES TO DR EDISAURUS AND HER DH GREG~~~~~

Oh, just to make things clear, my trip to LA was with my director, Peter. Greg didn't go---he had to work and tend to parents.

Thanks for the travel vibes for me and for Peter!

Edisaurus

« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2010, 07:53:16 PM »

Thanks to JMK we have a new "M" to add to the Medical Marijuana list.

Do you need a Dr.'s prescrption?

der Brucer

Note - do not do your medical exercises while driving.

A new film:  "Single-handed: based on the novel 'Completion" by Jeff Kauffman

:) ;) :o ;D

Edisaurus

« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2010, 07:54:58 PM »

Remember my mother's youngest brother, my Uncle Bob? I got this email from my cousin Sue today:

He is slipping fast. He knew I was in the room, but I'm not sure he knew who I was. He tried to talk, but all he could do was mutter a few words that I couldn't understand. His hands are very swollen. He can't eat or drink, and they can't give him an IV because his kidneys can't handle the fluids. He would drown in his own body fluids if they did that. They can give him a few drops of water from an oral syringe and wipe his mouth with glycerine swabs. His eyes roam around the room as if he's seeing things the rest of us can't see. From time to time, I thought I saw a look of recognition in his eyes, but that may have been wishful thinking.

Please send him vibes for a swift and painless passing. I don't think there's anything better I could wish for him at this point.

Many vibes to Uncle Bob...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2010, 07:59:43 PM »

When I went back down, I finished watching the bonus features on the TOY STORY 2 Blu-ray. Enjoyed some of the featurettes from the last DVD release (which I never bought) or some of these were probably from the ULTIMATE TOY BOX release. Regardless, some of them were interesting and fun. Some were just filler.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2010, 08:00:37 PM »

I have reached completion (so to speak) on this massive choral piece I've been working ...

Stains on the music - how unseemly!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2010, 08:01:40 PM »

Lunch ran long, so when I got in, I immediately put in TOY STORY 2. The movie was just as funny and just as touching as I remembered it. Absolutely love the Randy Newman song "When Somebody Loved Me." That sequence is just as moving in its own way as the story of the marriage in the recent UP. When it comes to mixing humor and heart, nobody comes close to Pixar these days.

That song destroys me!

Yep, it makes me tear up every single time I watch the movie. It's just magical.

Matt H.

« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2010, 08:03:24 PM »

Then I skimmed through today's ONE LIFE TO LIVE. As DR Elmore said, Oliver was on alone, and then just barely (getting drunk at a bar on St. Paddy's Day). Not a memorable episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2010, 08:04:56 PM »

Next I watched last night's UGLY BETTY. Some good comedy and some good drama for the show. So sorry it's coming to an end, especially now that Justin is discovering his own path, Hilda has a gorgeous fiance, and Betty is about to get her braces off. I'm really going to miss this show.

Matt H.

« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2010, 08:07:06 PM »

Then I watched tonight's two hour FLASH FORWARD. I have to admit when it was airing its last few episodes before Christmas, I was getting a bit bored with it. The show seemed to be spinning its wheels, and the characters just seemed like they were flailing around with no purpose or consistent motivation.

Tonight's two episode show was the antithesis of those last episodes: taut, interesting, compelling. Really got me hooked on the show again.Can't wait to see where it's going.

Matt H.

« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2010, 08:08:39 PM »

With my finishing TOY STORY 2, I am now empty of review product, so I will have the entire weekend off! Fox has THE FANTASTIC MR. FOX coming out next week, but I don't expect it to arrive until Tuesday at the earliest, so I'm just thrilled about having a few days and nights to myself to watch whatever I want.

Now I just need to decide what my choices will be!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2010, 08:16:29 PM »

With my finishing TOY STORY 2, I am now empty of review product, so I will have the entire weekend off! Fox has THE FANTASTIC MR. FOX coming out next week, but I don't expect it to arrive until Tuesday at the earliest, so I'm just thrilled about having a few days and nights to myself to watch whatever I want.

Now I just need to decide what my choices will be!

The reviewer's dilemma: what to watch on his day off!!  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up