Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: APPLES AND ORANGES  (Read 24309 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:APPLES AND ORANGES
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2007, 11:30:20 AM »

Glad to hear  Danise arrived safely at her destination.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2007, 11:32:37 AM »

TOD: '

The only one I remember is TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE
OUTER LIMITS

Unless one wants to consider some of the programs that ran under the banner of Masterpiece Theatre on PBS
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2007, 11:35:35 AM »

Vibes to JMK!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2007, 11:41:50 AM »

Good morning, good day, how are you this beautiful day?  I slept until ten, which was a very nice thing to do.  

I, too, agree that this strike will be over very soon.  A few years ago a similar strike happened on B'way with the Musician's Union - after all the posturing and positioning of both sides, the producers got what they wanted and then threw a few carrots to the union, although they were not the carrots the union was fighting for.  But everyone got to say they'd won something - it was a toss-up really, but that's the one thing they didn't say.

I think the one thing we know about unions is that they have to publicly and to their membership trumpet loud and clear that they won.  And I say that as a member of many unions.  

MBarnum

« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2007, 11:44:17 AM »

TOD:

Let me see...omnibus movies...I am also thinking my favorite would be one of those Amicus films, namely ASYLUM.

MBarnum

« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »

Well, the interview that was postponed from earlier this week got postponed until tomorrow morning...so since I had this morning free I built a new TV stand. It is actually a sideboard that I got from Target, but it works for all of my media just wonderfully...I simply did not install the wine rack into the unit.

It looks like this:

MBarnum

« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2007, 11:50:54 AM »

My living room is now a horrible mess...extra parts from the sideboard, cardboard, foam, tools, and whatnot are flung from one side of the room to the other. But I am gonna cuddle up with Bosco and read a book so that I will be well rested for my outing later today......

singdaw

« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2007, 11:51:56 AM »

Very nice, DR MBarnum!  I didn't know you were so handy with tools.

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2007, 11:55:07 AM »

...which will be having an early Japanese dinner in Beaverton with my friends Jim, and Wes and Chris...after dinner the four of us will be seeing the new Bollywood movie OM SHANTI OM which is playing at the Valley Theatre...it is supposed to be quite a hit film and this weekend is the big release weekend for it all over the world (or wherever finer Bollywood films are shown).

The film stars the newly buff Shah Ruk Khan, who I know DR TD is familiar with!

MBarnum

« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2007, 11:55:33 AM »

Very nice, DR MBarnum!  I didn't know you were so handy with tools.

I am a man of many talents.

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2007, 11:56:30 AM »

I am quite thrilled that I managed to find 4 of my friends that would go to a Bollywood movie with me!! I hope they are still friends afterwards!

singdaw

« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2007, 11:57:36 AM »

And Shah Ruk Khan's tool belt appears to be very substantial.  Have fun!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 11:59:14 AM by singdaw »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2007, 12:01:32 PM »

Beautiful sideboard mbarnum

singdaw

« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2007, 12:01:34 PM »

I am watching Paula Deen and Kermit make fried pumpkin cake.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2007, 12:05:59 PM »

The film stars the newly buff Shah Ruk Khan

Im glad to see that Anthony Newley has fans worldwide. I am also a Newley buff!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2007, 12:15:40 PM »

from Dakota:
Jane I have never noticed what thumb  I have used on the space bar...

;D neither did i until yesterday.

Thank you george.  I was a wiz at two handed typing this morning, until my wrist began hurting.  it's better again now.

singdaw, thanks-i'm hanging in there-just complaining a lot. ;D  i'm sure dr's kerry & tcb have far more reason to complain than i do.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2007, 12:19:26 PM »

I've just spoken to DR Danise and we're going to meet up between 2 and 3 today!
Of course I asked her if we would all be bringing our cameras, and we are going to take pictures, and hopefully post them later this evening.

:) :)

Jane

« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2007, 12:22:58 PM »

jeanne, exciting news.  i'm looking forward to the photos.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2007, 12:24:31 PM »

mbarnum-nice cabinet.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2007, 12:39:48 PM »

Sherlock & I had a lovely hike this morning.  After getting pulled last time I didn’t leash him on the narrow trail & we were both happier.

Driving home & looking at the last falls leaves, I began thinking of THE LAST LEAF by O’Henry.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2007, 01:21:38 PM »

Well, the interview that was postponed from earlier this week got postponed until tomorrow morning...so since I had this morning free I built a new TV stand. It is actually a sideboard that I got from Target, but it works for all of my media just wonderfully...I simply did not install the wine rack into the unit.

It looks like this:

That's a really nice sideboard/TV stand!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2007, 01:22:05 PM »

Im glad to see that Anthony Newley has fans worldwide. I am also a Newley buff!

LOL! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2007, 01:28:40 PM »

I am quite thrilled that I managed to find 4 of my friends that would go to a Bollywood movie with me!! I hope they are still friends afterwards!

I did wonder about that, but didn't want to say, "You have friends who go to Bollywood movies???"

;D

George

« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2007, 01:28:55 PM »

I just read that Norman Mailer has died[/b].  He was 84.  Reading the article, Wow...talk about a life lived!

Jane

« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2007, 01:33:59 PM »

Hi DotM. :) Do you have any pets?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2007, 01:34:04 PM »

Nice sideboard, Mike. Glad you found something you're happy with for your media cabinet. I shopped for something some years ago, but just couldn't find anything suitable. I eventually had something built in, which worked out nicely, but I simply couldn't find anything "off the shelf." Yours is indeed a "find."

Jane

« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2007, 01:43:27 PM »

I just read that Norman Mailer has died[/b].  He was 84.  Reading the article, Wow...talk about a life lived!

interesting article.  I don't believe i have read any of his novels which i find surprising.

Jane

« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2007, 01:45:17 PM »

DotM i wish you wouldn't run away when I say hello, instead please stay and chat.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2007, 01:47:28 PM »

Call me crazy (and who amongst you hasn't), but I'm finding I prefer progressive scan off with HDTVs.  I never really liked it with our Sharp Aquos and I outright hate it on with the Samsung.  For some reason the LCD technology doesn't "like" progressive scan and every few seconds things get a little blurry or the brightness changes.

Well, it just means that the scalers built into your HDTV do a better job of deinterlacing those enhanced DVDs than the DVD player does. Lots of people prefer to let their TVs do that job. Not that unique at all.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2007, 01:51:18 PM »

DotM i wish you wouldn't run away when I say hello, instead please stay and chat.

The crazy bitch is only here to cause trouble.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up