Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I'M LATE, I'M LATE  (Read 2693 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: I'M LATE, I'M LATE
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2017, 11:43:56 AM »

4!!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2017, 12:22:17 PM »

Thank you DR GEORGE and DR ELMORE and all other Dear Readers.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2017, 12:58:12 PM »

Nice first Amazon review for JACKIE GOES TO DIXIE:

"Michael Druxman’s witty, inventive new novel, JACKIE GOES TO DIXIE, is one very funny, fast-moving yarn, full of unexpected, entertaining twists and appealing characters! I love it that I didn’t feel as if I’d read this one before." -- Thomas B. Sawyer – Author, former head Writer of MURDER, SHE WROTE

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1629331686

Very nice, Druxy!

I agree.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2017, 01:18:07 PM »

After hearing the Moonshine & Mistletoe tracks, my friend Simon Grieff, whom I met when he was in the London premiere of Sondheim's Saturday Night, recommended his recording of Van Winkle to me.  It's by an American writer now living in London and quite nice, although I think her plot may be more convoluted than it needs.

Is it worth a listen or two? I see it's on amazon. Kermit Goell, whom I knew from my Catskill days, once wrote a musical of the same tale.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2017, 01:19:22 PM »

Nice first Amazon review for JACKIE GOES TO DIXIE:

"Michael Druxman’s witty, inventive new novel, JACKIE GOES TO DIXIE, is one very funny, fast-moving yarn, full of unexpected, entertaining twists and appealing characters! I love it that I didn’t feel as if I’d read this one before." -- Thomas B. Sawyer – Author, former head Writer of MURDER, SHE WROTE

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1629331686

Very nice, Druxy!

Congratulations!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2017, 01:20:46 PM »

I've been trying to take a nap for an hour now and the phone keeps interrupting.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2017, 01:21:23 PM »

Back from an omelet and a bagel, picking up dry cleaning, and picking up a small package.  Work session should be in about an hour.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2017, 01:34:55 PM »

After hearing the Moonshine & Mistletoe tracks, my friend Simon Grieff, whom I met when he was in the London premiere of Sondheim's Saturday Night, recommended his recording of Van Winkle to me.  It's by an American writer now living in London and quite nice, although I think her plot may be more convoluted than it needs.

Is it worth a listen or two? I see it's on amazon. Kermit Goell, whom I knew from my Catskill days, once wrote a musical of the same tale.

I liked it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2017, 01:54:29 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2017, 01:56:32 PM »

Another hot day here. We had a lovely, cool, spring, until a week or two ago. Now it's hot. Yuck. Age has not improved my ability (or inability) to tolerate hot weather.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2017, 01:57:07 PM »

Well, i'm becoming an old softie.

I just received this reissue of an album Mary Martin did for Disney records 50 years ago, and it's really wonderful.  It includes as well three tracks from her Disney "Sleeping Beauty" album.  The Camarata arrangements are really beautiful, and when she got into the chorus of "Lavender Blue" after the verse, I completely fell apart. The song's from 1949, and it's clearly dredging up memories of family from that period of my life, but i've been a mess all afternoon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2017, 01:57:52 PM »

I started some laundry early. That's done now. I did some cleaning, too. It's too warm to do anything more.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2017, 02:00:20 PM »

I'm accustomed to Barbara Cook singing Lavender Blue. I'll see if I can listen to Mary Martin on Amazon.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »

Congrats to Druxy.

Amy

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2017, 02:31:47 PM »

TOD:
I haven't had any latenesses that were so embarrassing, but a couple times I didn't show up at all and that was the most embarrassing. I was attending college at UC-Irvine, and I was taking a choreography class and we had a project to choreograph something for a group of at least four people. Someone asked me to dance in her project, I learned it, rehearsed it and she told me the date and time she had to present it to the teacher. I didn't show up because I simply forgot, and there were no cell phones then. She grabbed another girl (who happened to be the best dancer in the program) taught her the choreography in about 10 minutes and was still able to present it to the teacher. I felt soooooo bad. I also missed a final exam once, but the teacher let me make it up.

Amy

« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2017, 02:39:32 PM »

I was shopping for a new alarm clock for Mark because we don't use cell phones and I was tired of changing the alarm all the time depending on if it was a weekday or weekend. Finding alarm clocks with dual alarms for the different days of the week used to be really easy - Timex made a couple different models, but now everyone just uses their cell phones, so they're practically impossible to find. But I did find one on Amazon and I love it. It's never once not gone off. And it still keeps the time even if there's a power outage. It's the iTOMA Alarm Clock Radio, Dual Alarm, Auto Time Setting, Digital FM Radio, Snooze, Auto Dimmer, Cell Phone Charger, Auxiliary Input and Bluetooth speakers. Noticed that it's an alarm clock, but they added all this crap to use with your cell phone, so you can somehow justify having both.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2017, 02:42:11 PM »

I'm accustomed to Barbara Cook singing Lavender Blue. I'll see if I can listen to Mary Martin on Amazon.

Barbara Cook is one of the absolute greatest, but the song doesn't knock me over and tear out my heart as much as
Mary Martin's recording.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 02:45:16 PM by elmore3003 »

John G.

« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2017, 02:54:56 PM »

Well, i'm becoming an old softie.

I just received this reissue of an album Mary Martin did for Disney records 50 years ago, and it's really wonderful.  It includes as well three tracks from her Disney "Sleeping Beauty" album.  The Camarata arrangements are really beautiful, and when she got into the chorus of "Lavender Blue" after the verse, I completely fell apart. The song's from 1949, and it's clearly dredging up memories of family from that period of my life, but i've been a mess all afternoon.

Barbara Cook is one of the absolute greatest, but the song doesn't knock me over and tear out my heart as much as
Mary Martin's recording.

Barbara Cook's rendition makes me cry. I'll need to hear Mary's.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2017, 02:55:06 PM »

Up from a nice nap.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2017, 03:32:51 PM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Richard and I are going this afternoon to see WONDER WOMAN.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

We enjoyed it very much.  Afterward we went to Red Robin for a late lunch/early dinner and now I'm about to settle in with my knitting and audiobook.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2017, 03:58:59 PM »

Well, my afternoon has gone to hell very quickly.  My printer is dead from a paper jam so severe I will never remove the clog.  So, I had to order a new one.  i hope it arrives quickly.

And the goddam Ohio property taxes are due in 14 days.

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2017, 04:01:11 PM »

DR Elmore, Richard just had to buy a new printer, too.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2017, 04:05:59 PM »

DR Ginny I am glad you enjoyed WONDER WOMAN :)

John G.

« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2017, 04:08:56 PM »

Didn't have the patience for subtitles tonight. So, I've started watching a forgotten piece of nonsense called "The Prize." Great cast with Paul Newman, Edward G. Robinson and more having a fine time, plus a fun score by Jerry Goldsmith.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2017, 04:09:29 PM »

DR Elmore, Richard just had to buy a new printer, too.

Well, until I'm paid for the Guys & Dolls and the NYMF show, I'm treading water, dammit.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2017, 04:10:34 PM »

Didn't have the patience for subtitles tonight. So, I've started watching a forgotten piece of nonsense called "The Prize." Great cast with Paul Newman, Edward G. Robinson and more having a fine time, plus a fun score by Jerry Goldsmith.

I'm on a Judi Dench kick, so I'm watching Mrs Brown, I think.

John G.

« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2017, 05:29:31 PM »

It's chicken salad for dinner. Perfect for a really hot evening.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2017, 05:45:34 PM »

I saw a post on facebook by someone who said her first job was at the Bruin Theater when TO SIR WITH LOVE was showing.  Keith & I were working at the theater then and can't remember her.  I have 4 mutual friends, all of whom went to Hamilton High. 

Bruce, you are one of the 4 mutual friends.  Usually when I ask you don't have a clue but I shall give it a try again.  How do you know Hali Burton?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2017, 05:46:42 PM »

Of course the alarm worked today.

Is it's possible that the alarm works and you just sleep through it sometimes?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

John G.

« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2017, 05:51:15 PM »

The ending of this movie, The Prize, is so hilarious that I can't quite believe how bad it is. A doctor rips out a lamp cord and creates the means of jump-starting Edward G. Robinson's heart. He immediately sits up and wants to go to claim his Nobel Prize.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up