Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT THE WELL DRESSED PERSON EATS DURING A PANDEMIC  (Read 3899 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WHAT THE WELL DRESSED PERSON EATS DURING A PANDEMIC
« on: May 26, 2020, 12:11:03 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were well-dressed, and now it is time for you to post until the well-dressed cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WHAT THE WELL DRESSED PERSON EATS DURING A PANDEMIC
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 12:11:54 AM »

And the word of the day is: HOMONYMOUS!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 12:19:37 AM »

Topic of the Day:  I haven't really cooked much at all.  I've been supporting local restaurants (and locally owned chaines), such as Red Wagon, Taco Bell, Meconi's, Happy Teriyaki, Jersey Mikes, Subway, and my regular Friday joint, Eagan's.  I've also gotten quite a bit of leftovers from my family get-togethers. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 12:32:20 AM »

Today, I get to go into work!  Actually, I need to, so that I can pay a few invoices and check my mail.  I'm sure a few other people will be there, but not many. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 12:35:30 AM »

Tonight, a friend is organizing a practice Zoom meeting because he wants to do an online reading of a play with some actor friends.  I'll be helping with the practice Zoom meeting, but won't be participating in the actual reading next week, just watching.  I'm sure that it'll go well, especially since there's no music involved. ;)

George

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 12:41:44 AM »

And now, I must get to sleep so that I can wake up in time to go to work early enough to actually get some time in.

Have a good day, all!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 04:20:42 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 04:21:29 AM »

I think I slept pretty well.  The cats behaved rather well, I think.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 04:23:43 AM »

T.O.D.

Whatever my dear wife puts on the table.
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 04:26:33 AM »

DR TCB, I sent you the PM you requested.  I'll post the info here as well:

I go in for surgery Monday morning, June 1, time not yet set.  The surgery will be Monday morning.  One surgeon believes I will be released on June 3, and the other suggested June 4.  My friend Joshie will be liaison on progress and updates to a list of family and a few friends.  DR Ginny is my HHW delegate.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 04:30:36 AM »

The panic hasn't fully set in yet.  I'm actually more worried about the cats than myself.  This will be the first time I've left them for several days.  My neighbor Judy will be feeding them, but she doesn't know their personalities or behavior as I do.  I will warn her that Annabelle gets really crazy and ambivalent about food I put out and food she wants instead.  She knows that Thatch will hide until she leaves the apartment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 04:32:15 AM »

And I worry a great deal about what will happen to them if I do not return.  Plans are in place, but the best laid plans of mice and men . . .

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 04:33:16 AM »

I will work on my orchestration today.  I need to see Jeff the super about a bathroom leak as well.  I hope he can come up and take care of it today.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2020, 04:36:33 AM »

TOD
I've mostly been eating what the food deliveries bring.  Usually, it's grilled chicken strips, a vegetable - mixed, peas and carrots, or brussels sprouts - roasted potatoes, tuna salad, and potato salad.  The last delivery brought bagels, cream cheese, and cranberry juice.  The breakfast selection is usually pretty wonky.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2020, 04:39:34 AM »

I like to think New Yorkers are pretty smart and together, and then thjis idiot woman proves me wrong.  I just want to slap her!
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/black-man-white-woman-central-park-dog-leash-incident_n_5ecc6da0c5b6d6fc7b7f3118

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 05:09:07 AM »

Kitty cleanup is over.  I need to take some garbage to the basement.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 05:19:40 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2020, 05:20:29 AM »

And the word of the day is: HOMONYMOUS!

Homonymous Bosch is one of my favorite painters.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2020, 05:22:03 AM »

I like to think New Yorkers are pretty smart and together, and then thjis idiot woman proves me wrong.  I just want to slap her!
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/black-man-white-woman-central-park-dog-leash-incident_n_5ecc6da0c5b6d6fc7b7f3118

I’d like to stand in a long line behind you to do the same. Unfortunately, you can’t fix stupid, but it would be fun to try to slap it out of her.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2020, 05:40:20 AM »

Some would consider gay people who are in the closet as  HOMONYMOUS.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2020, 05:41:53 AM »

TOD:

Just about the same......since I cook every few days and eat sandwiches on the other days.

I don't eat out at all - so expensive - or order in.....sometimes I do have a Papa John's night, but it has been quite awhile since I have done that.

I get an email every day from them with a special....so maybe I will do that when it cools off later this week.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2020, 05:46:15 AM »

DR Jane re: the question you asked yesterday about neighbors breaking the law by having people in their homes.

We were told that nobody from outside the household was supposed to be in house.  Was it a law?  Probably not. But it was clearly stated.  They were also having people in their backyards.  Which again was probably not an actual law. But we were told that it was not allowed. Same with meeting up with friends at parks.  Because it would lead to people doing things that would not be good.

I would say that most people were quite good about this.  Although one neighbor kept having people visit on the street, yet they were standing right on top of each other.

I guess everyone had to decide for themselves what they were willing to give up.  It just really bothered me on Mother's Day when the people next door had two cars in their driveway and at least 2-3 people in their house (probably their kids or family). And the people across the street had 2-3 people in their house. 

Jennifer

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2020, 05:48:06 AM »

When restaurants re-open will most people here flock to them like BK said in the notes?  I just can't see myself doing this anytime soon.

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2020, 05:51:03 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2020, 05:59:49 AM »

DR Elmore, I know that Judy and Joshie and DR Ginny will take care of everything. Judy will probably even have it easier than you think. There were a couple of times when we all had to be away and have friends come over to feed the kitties for a few days, and I'm the biggest worrier in the world, but it always went fine. Does she know how to get in and out without the usual suspects escaping?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2020, 06:01:08 AM »

I did order a pizza last week, and I will probably order quite a bit when I return from hospital.

ChasSmith

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2020, 06:02:23 AM »

I expect my re-participation in "life outside" to be an extremely cautious and gradual thing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2020, 06:02:45 AM »

Last night we watched the Geraldine McEwen Miss Marple mystery, The Body in the Library, which was a little too updated for me.  Killer lesbians seem too far afield from Miss Christie's characters.

John G.

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2020, 06:20:58 AM »

Given the coast of the siding, I can’t afford to go out anymore.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2020, 06:41:27 AM »

DR Elmore, I know that Judy and Joshie and DR Ginny will take care of everything. Judy will probably even have it easier than you think. There were a couple of times when we all had to be away and have friends come over to feed the kitties for a few days, and I'm the biggest worrier in the world, but it always went fine. Does she know how to get in and out without the usual suspects escaping?

Judy has had several encounters retrieving my cats on the loose!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up