Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: SIMPLY AGOG  (Read 34464 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:SIMPLY AGOG
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2007, 11:08:37 AM »

TOD

Brave New World
Atlas Shrugged
The Alienist
Foundation Trilogy

der Brucer

(The evil cynic in me wants to add The Bible, but I shan't)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2007, 11:10:16 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Here I am at work with my angel costume on - almost everyone in the department dressed up, except for the ones I could have predicted would not.

Did no one dress as a Hobo or a bag lady and mingle with the crowd?

der Brucer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »

Long story, DR Singdaw.  Here in the Bible Belt, the powers that be have decided that Trick or Treat should not be tomorrow because there are a lot of church services on Wednesday evenings.

interesting.  so the kids go tonight then?  i doubt they mind having it a day
early :)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2007, 11:31:19 AM »

Really scary column in this morning's Oregonian.  Some kid in Madras (not the Indian one) was arrested for having sex with his underage girlfriend.  The grand jury returned a "not to be indicted " finding but the jury foreman incorrectly signed the document (you're only supposed to sign if the jury indicts).  Well, the prosecutor, D.A., judge and jail officials all "neglected" to see that the jury actually hadn't indicted and put the kid in jail.  It was only because one of the jurors happened to read a little article in the Madras paper and called the D.A. that the kid was released--temporarily.  The prosecutors are trying to blame the defense attorney and the kid himself for not noticing and they are now prosecuting him all over again, since because of the error, the first case is legally "nullified," so, according to them, there's no double jeopardy.

A clear case where the "literal" reading of the law flies in the face of the spirit of the law, justice, and plain common sense!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2007, 11:34:47 AM »

Long story, DR Singdaw.  Here in the Bible Belt, the powers that be have decided that Trick or Treat should not be tomorrow because there are a lot of church services on Wednesday evenings.

And will those same Bible Belt powers that be then arrange for the spirits to awaken a day early for Feast for All Souls?

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2007, 11:36:38 AM »

Ron, I hope u enjoy your new dentist, at least the atmosphere has to be better.

U betcha.

Thanks.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2007, 11:37:50 AM »

Trick or Treat?

Hmmmm....I'll have to give that one some thought.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2007, 11:41:01 AM »

I actually disagree

Now that's more like it  ;D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2007, 11:42:47 AM »

I think DR SINGDAW asked about tonight being Devil's Night or Mischief Night....yes it is.

Petty crimes, fires, and annoyances.....I think the tradition began in Detroit, there is no spiritual significance to the event.

Mischief night was is full swing long before Detroit started with the fire crap. We had "Soap Night" in Philly ever since I can remember - which gets us back to FDR!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2007, 11:43:43 AM »

Trick or Treat?

At my age any almost any trick is a treat 8)

der Brucer

singdaw

« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2007, 11:46:03 AM »

Trick or Treat?

Define "trick."   8)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2007, 11:47:46 AM »

Define "trick."   8)

Define "treat".    ;)

Jane

« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2007, 11:49:37 AM »

i never heard of "devil's night" until we moved to pennsylvania.  i was shocked to think parents would even let their children out to play "harmless" pranks.

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2007, 11:50:50 AM »

Well...the roller coaster continues... last night after Callie was so calmly sleeping she got up and her back legs, well at least one of them was very weak, she almost fell over several times.   It was still that way this morning.  We went to the vet this morning and she did a full blood panel. I am convinced that there is something unrelated to her bowel problem going on here.  

I mentioned to the vet about the phosphate enema, she said she noticed too but it was 6 months ago, we looked at the chart and I pointed out that it was in September and she has never really recovered since.   The results of her blood work will be in tomorrow.   With her weak hind legs, I'm very worried.  

Callie seems pretty calm today. She let me give her her regular meds in the regular doses without any objection.  I have a lot to do at work, but just can't seem to get my mind on it.  

DERBRUCER

« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2007, 11:51:35 AM »

Oh re: the film ENCHANTED.

The name just didn't ring a bell. But i think i saw a preview for this when i saw the HAIRSPRAY movie. If so it's part cartoon. And it looks really sweet (romantic comedy but for the younger set).

With it's all-star cast, Disney Animation and a score by Alan Menken and  Stephen Schwartz this film will attract a wide audience of all ages.

(And the purists among us would remind you that animated movies are not cartoons).

der Brucer  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #165 on: October 30, 2007, 11:57:44 AM »

Good morning.  To kick off with the foot report:  The meds seem to be doing their work, and I'm wandering about, still carefully, but not particularly painfully - not even a temptation to reach for the cane, so that's good.

Good news!! :D

~~~Continued Foot Vibes!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2007, 11:58:03 AM »

~~~Feel Better Vibes for Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2007, 11:58:58 AM »

i never heard of "devil's night" until we moved to pennsylvania.  i was shocked to think parents would even let their children out to play "harmless" pranks.

Jane, time was when parents didn't make an event out of letting their kids out - children regulary "hung out" after school, and often after dinner, particularly when it was still light. And in the urban areas, hanging at the corner store or local park was ritual.

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2007, 12:06:56 PM »

Jane, time was when parents didn't make an event out of letting their kids out - children regulary "hung out" after school, and often after dinner, particularly when it was still light. And in the urban areas, hanging at the corner store or local park was ritual.

der Brucer
We "hung out" every day or went "driving around"  It was common to T.P. trees, egg cars and soap windows during Halloween or homecoming etc.   I didn't throw eggs, but i did soap windows and TP'd more than a few trees in my days.

We did all sorts of crazy things when I was a kid that were considered harmless pranks and today would land a kid in detention if not jail.  Times have changed and I don't think for the better. I'd hate to grow up the way things are today.  

DERBRUCER

« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2007, 12:13:48 PM »

We "hung out" every day or went "driving around"  It was common to T.P. trees, egg cars and soap windows during Halloween or homecoming etc.   I didn't throw eggs, but i did soap windows and TP'd more than a few trees in my days.

I suspect juvenile delinquency is good training for a criminal defense attorney 8)

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2007, 12:16:04 PM »

I mentioned to the vet about the phosphate enema, she said she noticed too but it was 6 months ago, we looked at the chart and I pointed out that it was in September and she has never really recovered since.  

BIG SIGH AND VIBES TO YOU BOTH!

when the other vet said the chart was wrong & he doesn't use phosphate anymore, did he say what they used?

Ginny

« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2007, 12:25:03 PM »

EMail it to me (GEORDIEMC@AOL.COM) and I'll size it and host it and return you a link

der Brucer

Thanks, DR der Brucer, I'll try.  Sometimes our work email doesn't respond well to aol email addresses, though.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2007, 12:33:17 PM »

Did no one dress as a Hobo or a bag lady and mingle with the crowd?

der Brucer

LOL!  Several of us were standing around in the lobby at 9am when the floodgates were opened.  One of the regulars went by and said, "I thought you all were going to dress up today."  Jerk.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2007, 12:35:26 PM »

BIG SIGH AND VIBES TO YOU BOTH!

when the other vet said the chart was wrong & he doesn't use phosphate anymore, did he say what they used?

Warm water and glycerine, but the time when the chart says it was phosphate is when her doctor was gone and the one I don't really like was there.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: October 30, 2007, 12:49:28 PM »

I was just sitting here wishing that I could reschedule my 4:00PM appointment so I could go home and work (I have a bunch of writing to do and that I can do at home) when my 4:00 PM appointment called! There was no problem rescheduling, so I'm packing up a bunch of work and heading home.   My imagination of how Callie is doing is worse than how she seems when I'm there.  

DERBRUCER

« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2007, 12:54:51 PM »

Thanks, DR der Brucer, I'll try.  Sometimes our work email doesn't respond well to aol email addresses, though.

I got it fine - if the reply didn't work I'll post it for you.

der Brucer

Ginny

« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2007, 12:57:03 PM »

OK, here goes:

My devil horns are provided by my good friend, Farmer Sue.

The "costume" on the far left is a literary reference.  Can anyone figure it out?

singdaw

« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2007, 01:04:19 PM »

The Catcher in the Rye?

Ginny

« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2007, 01:05:21 PM »

The Catcher in the Rye?

Ding, ding, ding - you got it, DR Singdaw!

Apparently, the girl next to her is some anime character, too.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 01:06:08 PM by Ginny »

FJL

« Reply #179 on: October 30, 2007, 01:07:02 PM »

Ginny - I read quickly and thought you said "My devil horns are provided by my Former good friend, Sue."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up