Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WALKING ON AIR  (Read 14039 times)

Laura

Re: WALKING ON AIR
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2010, 03:19:50 PM »

Hi Penny!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2010, 03:26:15 PM »

Hiya, Georgie! I guess it's just you and me, kiddo!

Hi, Penny!  So...when are you and TCB and I gonna get together for some PNW HHW dishing?  Are you still even in the area??
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 03:29:24 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2010, 03:29:31 PM »

Laura - cute kitty!!!!

George - I'm still here -- back and forth to LA quite a bit, but YES, HELL YES!!! let's all get together.
PennyO

George

« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2010, 03:30:29 PM »

Laura - cute kitty!!!!

George - I'm still here -- back and forth to LA quite a bit, but YES, HELL YES!!! let's all get together.

Great!  When are you available?  And TCB (when you read this)...what about you??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2010, 03:45:53 PM »

Sorry to DR JRand!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2010, 03:47:27 PM »

Hello, dearest darlingest PennyO! DR Ben and I went to Artie's last Friday night and I wish you had been with us.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2010, 03:47:44 PM »

Lots of excitement over ANGELS IN AMERICA tickets today.  is there someone famous in it or something?

It does seem like there was much craziness. I feel bad for the people who waited/or tried online for hours and hours.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2010, 03:55:51 PM »

DR MBarnum sent me a PM today that actually helped me out. I'm still amazed. In responding to DR MBarnum, I realized that I've built up a lot of anger over several jobs that I've been on, or are currently on, as well as being frustrated by sibling problemsis megillah, I have to get over the mess and mental state I've put myself into. How the hell do I do that?

Thank you, Mikey.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2010, 04:05:32 PM »

elmore, read the last third of my book again - it has some, I hope, helpful hints in dealing with anger and stuff.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2010, 04:07:52 PM »

Still have about two hundred boxes to put postage on, but that won't take too much time tomorrow.  Had some poached eggs and toast to tide me over until after tonight's event.  Hoping we have a decent crowd - it's always amazing to me that the same people who always profess to "want" to come to these things, never do - always an excuse, no matter what day, what time, what month, what year.  I'm now convinced they just can't be bothered and would find an excuse no matter what, just as I shall do whenever they invite me to any event they're involved in.  Heretofore I have been a good soldier and gone.  Not any more.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2010, 04:08:34 PM »

I'm bringing twenty books to the event, just in case we actually have people who'd like to buy one.  If for whatever reason we were to sell all twenty, I would shockingly have to reorder again.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2010, 04:08:42 PM »

Dr elmore, when the horrendous lies my sister told about me were at their worst, as was the entire situation, I was a mess.  One day my cousin looked at me at said "I think you need to see a therapist about this".  LOL-that snapped me out of it, at least enough to begin to figure out how to deal with it.  Ranting while I walked was one method.  The other was writing letters & then deleting them.  Always exercise & walking.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2010, 04:08:56 PM »

Just saw the lovely Kritzerland full page ad in the new issue of Scarlet Magazine.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2010, 04:09:19 PM »

elmore, read the last third of my book again - it has some, I hope, helpful hints in dealing with anger and stuff.

I know exactly where it is since I haven't put it away with the other Kimmel books.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2010, 04:12:06 PM »

It's a truism, but:  Being angry/bitter at someone else is like taking poison yourself and expecting the *other* person to die.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2010, 04:12:25 PM »

I have been taking LOTS of poison re:  Qwest this week.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2010, 04:13:02 PM »

Yesterday at Public Storage I had a little set-to with the person on duty, who was a bit of an idiot.  Today the manager called me, as I requested.  In going over things, he has finally realized what I've been saying for a long time - something is rotten in the state of Denmark - he looked at my contract from 2001 and realized that there's been price adjustments over the years that actually should have lowered my rent there.  But instead, my rent kept being raised.  Not only that, apparently I've been paying not for the current month but for the previous month, so therefore it looked as if I was always a month late on my rent, and therefore they've been charging occasional late fees.  All this is going to be discussed with the district manager tomorrow and I suspect I'll be getting quite a nice credit, at least that's what should happen.  They'd actually cut my lock off and put one of theirs on, because it looked like I was behind a month - well, I wasn't behind anything, and I'm now going to make them pay for the lock replacement, too.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2010, 04:15:54 PM »

And the word of the day is: SPATCHCOCK!

That is what you use if your inflatable doll springs a leak!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »

DR MBarnum sent me a PM today that actually helped me out. I'm still amazed. In responding to DR MBarnum, I realized that I've built up a lot of anger over several jobs that I've been on, or are currently on, as well as being frustrated by sibling problemsis megillah, I have to get over the mess and mental state I've put myself into. How the hell do I do that?

Thank you, Mikey.

Take a tip from BK...just let it go.  Take a shower and let it all wash off you.  You have no control over what anyone else does, so why worry about it?  It's like Cinderella's Prince in Into the Woods when Jack's mother doesn't know if Jack is alive or dead:  "Worrying will do you no good.  If he's safe, then he's safe.  If not...then there's nothing we can do for him."

So Larry...worrying (or getting angry) will do you no good. :-*

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2010, 04:21:28 PM »

For example, I no longer worry whether dear reader Jose will return.  Despite what was said to elmore three weeks ago, I believe he will not be back, and there is nothing I can do about it, so I let it go. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2010, 04:21:31 PM »

Yesterday at Public Storage I had a little set-to with the person on duty, who was a bit of an idiot.  Today the manager called me, as I requested.  In going over things, he has finally realized what I've been saying for a long time - something is rotten in the state of Denmark - he looked at my contract from 2001 and realized that there's been price adjustments over the years that actually should have lowered my rent there.  But instead, my rent kept being raised.  Not only that, apparently I've been paying not for the current month but for the previous month, so therefore it looked as if I was always a month late on my rent, and therefore they've been charging occasional late fees.  All this is going to be discussed with the district manager tomorrow and I suspect I'll be getting quite a nice credit, at least that's what should happen.  They'd actually cut my lock off and put one of theirs on, because it looked like I was behind a month - well, I wasn't behind anything, and I'm now going to make them pay for the lock replacement, too.

I love it when this kind of clerical error turns to one's advantage!

I could also love, like BK, some mac 'n' cheese. I'm having some chopped liver, potato salad and cole slaw instead.

td

• td
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2010, 04:21:44 PM »

I went to the Post Office today to send out a birthday gift.
Then I dragged Mum to Sam's Club.
I need a rest.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Laura

« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2010, 04:23:38 PM »

Re other people: I've always figured that it would please the chinchy bassas to know they have me all upset. I decided not to give them that power over me.

td

• td
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2010, 04:27:20 PM »

TOD:  Harvey Kurtzman.  Antonio Prohías.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2010, 04:33:18 PM »

Of course, I loved all the MAD men - Kurtzman, Kelly Freas, Bob Martin - the whole bunch.  There's a wonderful cartoonist named Charles Rodrigues - as a teen I discovered his work in a paperback collection called Spitting on the Sheriff - hilarious stuff - dark comedy at its best.  I have a couple or original Rodriguez cartoons in the garage.  Maybe I'll bring them in and find some wall space for them.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 04:38:39 PM by bk »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2010, 04:39:54 PM »

For example, I no longer worry whether dear reader Jose will return.  Despite what was said to elmore three weeks ago, I believe he will not be back, and there is nothing I can do about it, so I let it go. 

He told me again last week that he would be returning, but I'm starting to doubt him.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2010, 04:40:18 PM »

I really want some mac'n'cheese! Maybe tomorrow night.

Laura

« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2010, 04:41:01 PM »

I would like to ask Jose for a recipe for an egg sauce to go with tofu.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2010, 04:47:01 PM »

I would like to ask Jose for a recipe for an egg sauce to go with tofu.

Seriously?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

KevinH

« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2010, 04:55:57 PM »

TOD--I'll have to go along with Gary Larson and David Sedaris
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up