Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: TONGUE  (Read 51773 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: TONGUE
« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2010, 04:30:23 PM »

Feel better DR Elmore!

Michael

« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2010, 04:31:39 PM »

We actually talked about changing the names of the two people who might take exception.  It certainly would be easy, but Margaret's point is, it makes me look like I'm scared to mention them - they did what they did, that's the reality.  They didn't kill anybody or rob a bank - they both, in their own ways, behaved selfishly and I thought the stories were interesting enough to relate. 

Would one of those people have the initials of JP?
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2010, 04:39:35 PM »

Has anyone heard that Justin Mentell of "Boston Legal" was killed in a car accident in Wisaconsin?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 04:44:14 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #213 on: February 02, 2010, 04:47:03 PM »

Has anyone heard that Justin Mentell of "Boston Legal" was killed in a car accident in Wisaconsin?

yes.  he was so young, :(  i don't remember him on the show, maybe he was on after we stopped watching.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: February 02, 2010, 04:51:20 PM »

Yes, very very sad.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #215 on: February 02, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »

I like tongue sandwiches and tongue tacos.

MBarnum

« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2010, 04:57:54 PM »

I don't know from the TOD.

Jane

« Reply #217 on: February 02, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »

i don't know much about the Oscar nominations having only seen JULIE & JULIA, which we thought was enjoyable, not great.  We watched part of CORALINE & turned it off. We only watched to see Ashland & the scene was disappointingly brief.  i don't think i have heard a single nominated song.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #218 on: February 02, 2010, 05:18:13 PM »

Cod tongue and tongue tacos.

I would have to be VERY VERY VERY Hungry to even consider eating either of these delicacies.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #219 on: February 02, 2010, 05:19:50 PM »

I guess it was supposed to mostly be a resemblance in demeanor, DR JANE.  Lucy thought Dirk was Darnay the day after she met him when Dirk was sleeping in a chair....but yes the book remarks on their resemblance.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #220 on: February 02, 2010, 05:21:45 PM »

I forgot I did hear ONE funny line in all of the HERE'S LUCY shows, although it was almost killed by Gale Gordon's over the top delivery....

"No, I wouldn't worry if Lucille was missing for a year. I would just assume she was 12 months late for work."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #221 on: February 02, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »

I hadn't heard about this. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #222 on: February 02, 2010, 05:28:04 PM »

Birthday wishes to Ben!

Jane

« Reply #223 on: February 02, 2010, 05:28:19 PM »

I guess it was supposed to mostly be a resemblance in demeanor, DR JANE.  Lucy thought Dirk was Darnay the day after she met him when Dirk was sleeping in a chair....but yes the book remarks on their resemblance.

the book does, so much so i can imagine one person playing both roles, or brothers who have a great resemblance to each other.

FJL

« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2010, 05:29:10 PM »

Jrand- i don't know why but it reminds me of:  I've been on a diet for a week.  So far I've lost seven days.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2010, 05:30:54 PM »

LOL...DR FJL.....that's about the size of it.

Jane

« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2010, 05:32:10 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS DR FJL!!!! 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2010, 05:44:07 PM »

the book does, so much so i can imagine one person playing both roles, or brothers who have a great resemblance to each other.

The wonderful BBC production from the late 1980s uses two actors: James Wilby for Carton and Xavier Deluc for Darnay and an excellent cast of French and British actors.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2010, 05:49:57 PM »

more similar than the 1958 film.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2010, 05:58:23 PM »

Punchline department:  the person who looked at our house this morning turns out to be Zach's drum teacher.  He's very interested, and may in fact rent it for a while until he's ready to buy.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2010, 06:05:05 PM »

small world

JMK

« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2010, 06:05:59 PM »

We've been laughing about how weird it would be for Zach to come take his drum lessons here.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »

We actually talked about changing the names of the two people who might take exception.  It certainly would be easy, but Margaret's point is, it makes me look like I'm scared to mention them - they did what they did, that's the reality.  They didn't kill anybody or rob a bank - they both, in their own ways, behaved selfishly and I thought the stories were interesting enough to relate. 

I recently finished (except for a polish) my own memoirs, and I did change a few names.

They are not really names that you would know and, after reading the context and doing some research, you could probably figure out who they were, but I figured: "Why buy trouble?"

Chances are that none of them will read the book, but a couple of them are real assholes who might sue just to be mean and get a settlement.

You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2010, 06:11:47 PM »

Shayne: Yes, one of them is JP - I've already told the story many times and even on your site devoted to ME.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »

Sue for WHAT?  You're telling a story that presumably has basis in truth.  I'm sure you've read many autobiographies that are filled with kiss and tell stories, and bad things about people. 

I recently finished (except for a polish) my own memoirs, and I did change a few names.

They are not really names that you would know and, after reading the context and doing some research, you could probably figure out who they were, but I figured: "Why buy trouble?"

Chances are that none of them will read the book, but a couple of them are real assholes who might sue just to be mean and get a settlement.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2010, 06:13:35 PM »

yes.  he was so young, :(  i don't remember him on the show, maybe he was on after we stopped watching.

I watched every episode of BOSTON LEGAL.  In fact, I have all the seasons on DVD.

But, for the life of me, I don't remember this guy or his character. 

What was his role?

JMK

« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2010, 06:13:39 PM »

For those of you with PS3's who ordered the new Uni Vault titles, I'm wondering if you experienced what I did today.  I'm assuming because of the auto-replay feature, my PS3 did not stay turned off after the movie ended and I turned it off via remote.  A few seconds later (twice in fact), it just rebooted and started playing the film again, LOL.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »

Sue for WHAT?  You're telling a story that presumably has basis in truth.  I'm sure you've read many autobiographies that are filled with kiss and tell stories, and bad things about people. 

People sue.  They don't expect to win.  They expect you to settle in order to avoid legal costs.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #238 on: February 02, 2010, 06:22:40 PM »

People sue.  They don't expect to win.  They expect you to settle in order to avoid legal costs.

I have no idea who is quoting who anymore!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #239 on: February 02, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »

I have no idea who is quoting who anymore!

It's BK's fault!

;D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up