Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: AH, BALONEY  (Read 74981 times)

singdaw

Re:AH, BALONEY
« Reply #270 on: April 16, 2007, 11:23:39 AM »

With all this talk about curtains, what about coats?

Linda Wachner, former CEO of Warnaco, was said to observe that when one lived in New York [City], when one had a car, one didn't need a coat.

One presumes she meant "car with driver."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2007, 11:23:42 AM »

I guess machine stitching in Sherwood Forest doesn't bother anyone else.

I remember a production of SAINT JOAN at Cincinnati's Playhouse in the Park around 1970, in which Joan turned her back on the audience and revealed a huge zipper running down the back of her gown.  I've seen too many productions with facke lacings, etc. to let it drive me mad.  I chose other vehicle for that.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2007, 11:24:35 AM »

I wasn't at the reunion because it was not MY reunion - they are one year younger than me - my reunion was in October of 2005.

Spoo!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2007, 11:24:40 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well...  Four people showed up for the auditions I was hired to play for this morning.  They let me go at Noon.  I had lunch.  I came home.  I'm watching the news.  I'm reading and posting here on HHW.  That is all.

The Universe is telling you that you deserve an easy afternoon.  If I were in NYC today, I'd whisk you and dear Elmo off to Serendipity for something wonderful and warm and chocolate.  Maybe we could even get dear Ben to be E&T from the Foundation Werks, and come over and play also.  Wouldn't that be a delightful afternoon??

Then I could give you a big hug, and pat on your po-po!  It's therapeutic you know... and helps stave off sniffles and congestion. (My own remedy)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2007, 11:25:46 AM »

hmmmmm.. ... maybe I'll find a way to lure dear hunky MB into watching a videotape I have of my first TV special from Australia.....that would qualify me as having been on TV... :)  (actually, a ton of times in Oz)

In Oz everyone's a tv star!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2007, 11:26:56 AM »

Ben

« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2007, 11:27:50 AM »

Singdaw, Joshie is a cat. I believe he represents our errant and truant DR Sandra (who is daughter of DR Laura, but you already knew that).

MusicGuy

« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2007, 11:29:26 AM »

In Oz everyone's a tv star!

You got it Babe !!  The only requirement in the early days of TV in Oz, was that they could announce you as "being direct from Hollywood."  And I actually did live in Hollywood at that time..... 6126 Carlos Avenue, right in line, one block up, from the old Pix Theatre on Hollywood Blvd.

In fact, I think I even showed dear MB my old dwelling place on our little drive around H'wood.

Ben

« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2007, 11:29:31 AM »

Apparently 110 in the Shade has a traveling sun and moon designed by Santo Loquasto. A friend sat in on part of the tech rehearsal last week and said the set is gorgeous

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »

What horrible news. Let's hope that count of 21 dead is an overestimate. I will never understand how humans can do things like this.

Sadly, the death toll has risen to 32.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MusicGuy

« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2007, 11:31:10 AM »

Hi DR Ben, you cutie!  So... would you ever be naughty enough to sneak away from work for a little bit, to have desert or an ice cream, or something like that??

MusicGuy

« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2007, 11:35:47 AM »

Hi DR Laura..... are you logged on and reading at the moment??  I'm getting a craving for something yummy for lunch.... are you interested in a food date??

singdaw

« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2007, 11:36:21 AM »

Joshie is a cat.

Ahh...thank you!  The cat in DR Sandra's avatar, perhaps?

MusicGuy

« Reply #283 on: April 16, 2007, 11:38:10 AM »

Oh, and to DR Singdaw.......

Your new pic here is really good.  And you may have good hair, a nice firm jawline, and appear fairly masculine in that picture........

But, you will always be dear DR Naomi to some of us.  :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #284 on: April 16, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »

This summary of last night's TAR is right on.

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

If i have to listen to one more minute of mirna talking i will scream.

I really do not get why she says "i want to play clean" (implying that yielding is not clean).  If you cancel someone's taxi that is not clean.  But if you are competitive and yield the team you feel is the biggest threat (and don't do it based on personal issues) why is that not clean????

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/articles/content/a12986/

Mirna and Schmirna--I cain't stand'em!  And that woman is a lawyer?  Can you imagine hearing her argue a case with that voice in a courtroom?  Oy!

I hate to say it, but I think the Blondies were a bit foolish to use the Yield on Eric and Danielle.  It never seems worthwhile to be the team that uses the first Yield in a race if you are ahead and pretty much confident that you will not be eliminated in that round.  Better to wait till the second Yield comes up--that's when it would be most effective and you won't have anyone gunning for you in the meantime.  Right now it looks like the Barbies are in the same uncomfortable position as they were in their first race with the other three teams ganging up against them.

Or are they?  The preview indicated that two teams will make a "suprising" deal to Yield another team.  Would it really be surprising if Eric and Danielle agreed with Danny and Oswald to stop the Blondies?  Or will something else go down?  I am intrigued!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #285 on: April 16, 2007, 11:44:31 AM »

And Joshie would be...

A dog?  A cat?  A...   ???

Joshie is a cat. He is a leftover from our foster-for-the-pound days when he flunked adoptions day. He loves us, though.

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #286 on: April 16, 2007, 11:45:13 AM »

But, you will always be dear DR Naomi to some of us.

Dear DR MusicGuy -

The jig is up!  The truth is, I have no idea who that guy is in the avatar.

DR der Brucer was right; this is the real me:

;)

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #287 on: April 16, 2007, 11:45:23 AM »

Hi DR Laura..... are you logged on and reading at the moment??  I'm getting a craving for something yummy for lunch.... are you interested in a food date??

Certainly!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #288 on: April 16, 2007, 11:46:46 AM »

Ahh...thank you!  The cat in DR Sandra's avatar, perhaps?

That is Sasha, another leftover from our fostering days. She came to us with four kittens, all of whom were adopted. But she was not. She loves us, though.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #289 on: April 16, 2007, 11:52:01 AM »

My guess is that this is not this guy's first incident. I rather imagine that at some time he pulled some stupid stunt and the charges were dropped.

<--- seems to be bitter yet.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 11:53:06 AM by DearReaderLaura »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #290 on: April 16, 2007, 11:54:45 AM »

Sadly, the death toll has risen to 32.

der Brucer

Dear God...

I was listening to the feed from CNN but I had to turn it off after hearing the university president talk about starting the healing process!  I know he meant well and he is trying to be level headed and compassionate, but it's not any where near the time to talk about the healing process.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MusicGuy

« Reply #291 on: April 16, 2007, 12:14:22 PM »

Well.... WHEE  and  WOO HOO .....I get to go break bread with dear DR Laura.  We are going to eat yummy lunch stuff, so I'll check back in a little later.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #292 on: April 16, 2007, 12:17:52 PM »

I shall now be on my way to a lunch meeting, after which I shall return for a work session, after which I'll go ship a few packages, after which, I shall return.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #293 on: April 16, 2007, 12:19:16 PM »

DR MusicGuy knows the neatest places for food. I can't wait to see the place he chose.

Later!

(I am so glad he called. I was putting off doing paperwork by painting the hallway, and now I get to put off painting the hallway too!)

Cillaliz

« Reply #294 on: April 16, 2007, 12:26:46 PM »

One of my favorite TV theme covers is Petticoat Junction as performed by Betty.

I love that one. "There's a little hotel called the Shady Rest at the junction Petticoat Junction, It is run by Kate, come and be her guest at the junction, Petticoat Junction. And there's Uncle Joe, he's a movin mighty slow at the junction.  Petticoat junction..."

Cillaliz

« Reply #295 on: April 16, 2007, 12:29:55 PM »

Joshie is running away from me and won't let me touch him. He needs to come to me to be loved. He will forgive me eventually.

But first he must know that you are aware he is not pleased that you left him.  I go through this every time with Callie. Boo has no scruples, she runs over and jumps in my lap.  Unseemly cat behavior and not a way to train a human.

Ben

« Reply #296 on: April 16, 2007, 12:35:57 PM »

Looks like David Lindsay-Abaire won the Pulitzer Prize for

Rabbit Hole

It was done on Broadway last season. Cynthia Nixon won a Tony for Best Actress in a Play

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #297 on: April 16, 2007, 12:37:40 PM »

And the word of the day is: ALBEDO!
Captain Picard found that the application of some talcum powder to his scalp made reducing his personal ALBEDO quite DOABLE.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #298 on: April 16, 2007, 12:38:33 PM »

Mirna and Schmirna--I cain't stand'em!  And that woman is a lawyer?  Can you imagine hearing her argue a case with that voice in a courtroom?  Oy!

I hate to say it, but I think the Blondies were a bit foolish to use the Yield on Eric and Danielle.  It never seems worthwhile to be the team that uses the first Yield in a race if you are ahead and pretty much confident that you will not be eliminated in that round.  Better to wait till the second Yield comes up--that's when it would be most effective and you won't have anyone gunning for you in the meantime.  Right now it looks like the Barbies are in the same uncomfortable position as they were in their first race with the other three teams ganging up against them.

Or are they?  The preview indicated that two teams will make a "suprising" deal to Yield another team.  Would it really be surprising if Eric and Danielle agreed with Danny and Oswald to stop the Blondies?  Or will something else go down?  I am intrigued!

It could be smirna and mirna and the reason it's a surprise is because they made an alliance at the airport against the blondes.  Plus, the blondes is too easy, they used the Yield, so everyone would be gunning for them

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #299 on: April 16, 2007, 12:40:46 PM »

The cost of dry-cleaning theatre curtains is probably a major cause in their decreased use.  

After all, who wants to walk into a theater to stare at a dirty curtain?  You can walk into your bathroom and stare at your shower and save the cost of a ticket, if that's your thing.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26   Go Up