Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: AH, BALONEY  (Read 74968 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:AH, BALONEY
« Reply #300 on: April 16, 2007, 12:42:53 PM »

It could be smirna and mirna and the reason it's a surprise is because they made an alliance at the airport against the blondes.  Plus, the blondes is too easy, they used the Yield, so everyone would be gunning for them

That's what I think.  And beside, there was that quick comment that Danielle made to Eric in the--Hey!  Wait a minute!  What happened on your weather broadcast?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #301 on: April 16, 2007, 12:45:18 PM »

The cost of dry-cleaning theatre curtains is probably a major cause in their decreased use.  

After all, who wants to walk into a theater to stare at a dirty curtain?  You can walk into your bathroom and stare at your shower and save the cost of a ticket, if that's your thing.

Yeah, but when that curtain rises, the play will be THE SUBJECT WAS MILDEW.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #302 on: April 16, 2007, 12:49:59 PM »

I had a wonderfully fun time at KTIV!  Dave Winslow, the morning weather guy was very nice. He gave me a tour, introduced me to everyone and even took me to the backyard weather station.  He showed me the weather computer models etc.  I like that stuff, so it was very interesting.

I got there about 10:15 AM, after the tour etc we went to the Weather Center to go over what the weather involved.  Since it's a beautiful warm sunny day today, there wasn't a lot to report and with the Va Tech shootings, the weather on the east coast didn't even make the newscast.

So I asked if he does a script or anything and he said "This is the weather, it's all ad lib"  Then he told me that he'd do the majority of the weather and leave the forecast part to me. That had been their plan before he met me. I'm sure they don't know what they are getting so they make sure that they get the gist in before the newbie screws it up.

So, we did an intro with both of us and the newsguy, then Dave started the weather and his graphics got stuck. He pushed the button and nothing happened. Well, he had given me the wireless lapel mic and he had a corded lapel mic.  His computer is on the other side of the room, so he walked over to fix the graphics, doing the weather as he went.  

The cord from his mic wound around this box thing (not the camera) that sits in the middle of the room, so he couldn't reach the computer. He finally got that free and then couldn't reach with the button thingy, so he had to drop that got to the computer and got it working just in time for me to do the forecast. Of course no one saw this, just that the graphics were stuck...and two of the towns didn't update on the computer, so they read about 20 degrees too cold.  I was glad that was his part of the forecast!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 12:54:34 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #303 on: April 16, 2007, 12:52:30 PM »

My part went great and I threw in the comment that there could be severe weather on Saturday so mom may want to unplug the tv, lol, I didn't even think I was on tv telling someone to unplug it!  Dave explained the comment. We went back to the three shot and I said Happy Birthday to my mom as we went to commercial.

At the end of the news we came back to the chatty 3 shot and I gave the forecast recap and it was over.  

I had a blast! Dave said he'll make a DVD of the news for me tomorrow. He works from 3:00 AM until the end of the noon news, so he was ready to go home.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #304 on: April 16, 2007, 12:56:55 PM »

Wooooooooo hooooooooooooo - the Kay Field of HHW!!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #305 on: April 16, 2007, 01:00:39 PM »

Congratulations, DR Cillaliz, on your TV appearance!  Please put me on the list for a DVD, if that's what happens.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #306 on: April 16, 2007, 01:02:44 PM »

YAY!  Congrats to Cillaliz!

We eagerly await your posting the video on YouTube!
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #307 on: April 16, 2007, 01:05:35 PM »

Page Eleven Dance, BTW:

-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #308 on: April 16, 2007, 01:07:33 PM »

and the comment about unplugging has to do with my mother.  Everyone who knows her knows that she unplugs everything in the house any time that thuderstorms are forecast.  The  only 2 times we can think of that she forgot to unplug a tv. lightning hit close enough to blow out the tv.  Yup. It's really pretty funny.   I don't think she's that uptight about it anymore, but it was something that was an inside joke for her friends and our family

Cillaliz

« Reply #309 on: April 16, 2007, 01:08:45 PM »

When I told her Happy Birthday, the news guy wasn't expecting it. He gave me this baffled look and said "Well, ok"

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #310 on: April 16, 2007, 01:20:45 PM »

These horrific winds that we've had swirling around since last night have downed trees all over town. Consequently, my cable is out now. I do have things on the DVR that recorded before the cable went out, but tonight I will be watching HDTV over-the-air rather than from the cable. I doubt they will get the neighborhood restored today.

Thankfully, I don't have any shows that overlap, so I can see everything tonight without missing any shows. Won't be so lucky tomorrow, however, if it isn't repaired.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #311 on: April 16, 2007, 01:22:39 PM »

Oh, I forgot to mention when I came back to the office, one of the guys who offices across the hall looked at me walking up the street and said "Happy Birthday, Mom?"  I laughed, he had clearly seen the weather

Cillaliz

« Reply #312 on: April 16, 2007, 01:23:46 PM »

I did record the news on my DVR, but I don't think I have the ability to record it.  Is there a way to hook the DVR into a computer?  Is is possible the cable company could have disabled that?

Matt H.

« Reply #313 on: April 16, 2007, 01:24:04 PM »

bk, I have the potential to record THE SOPRANOS and burn DVDs for you, but the first episode is history, and I didn't save it. I'm sure HBO will rerun it at some point. Let me know if you want me to do this.

Cillaliz

« Reply #314 on: April 16, 2007, 01:25:14 PM »

I am really not in the mood to be at the office, but I am very glad that I am about to get things back to normal for a while.  No trips, no seminars and no relatives stopping in for the night.  Don't get me wrong, it was all enjoyable, but there is something nice about getting back to my routine.

Matt H.

« Reply #315 on: April 16, 2007, 01:27:03 PM »

I began my afternoon with THE TUDORS. A pretty good episode. I'm glad they're not rushing things along too quickly. In this one, Henry has just met Anne Bolyn, but is only now starting to obsess about her, and she's playing it very cagily. Mary has been betrothed to the Archduke Charles (the Pope). Obviously, this marriage didn't happen since Mary eventually married Prince Philip of Spain and the Archduke Charles was actually one of Elizabeth's suitors many years later.

Matt H.

« Reply #316 on: April 16, 2007, 01:28:19 PM »

Next I watched lastght's COLD CASE, a maudlin story of Russian illegals brought over to be prostitutes and the efforts of one kindly longshoreman to save one of them which got him murdered. Pretty easy to spot murderer this time out.

Matt H.

« Reply #317 on: April 16, 2007, 01:29:31 PM »

I finished my afternoon viewing with last night's RENO 911! A couple of funny moments, and, of course, the bumbling fools proved to be their own worst enemies.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #318 on: April 16, 2007, 01:31:58 PM »

Back from lunch.

Caught up on a thread I've been "participating" in on another forum.

All I can say is that they can all BITE ME!

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #319 on: April 16, 2007, 01:33:01 PM »

Looks like David Lindsay-Abaire won the Pulitzer Prize for

Rabbit Hole

It was done on Broadway last season. Cynthia Nixon won a Tony for Best Actress in a Play

The Pulitzers were announced today.  I would swear that in my day they were announced in May!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #320 on: April 16, 2007, 01:33:13 PM »

Joshie is a cat. He is a leftover from our foster-for-the-pound days when he flunked adoptions day. He loves us, though.

SMART CAT!  And a cutie, too!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #321 on: April 16, 2007, 01:33:55 PM »

The Pulitzers were announced today.  I would swear that in my day they were announced in May!

In your day, this WAS May!

(tee-hee!)

MBarnum

« Reply #322 on: April 16, 2007, 01:34:13 PM »

What fun Cillaliz!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #323 on: April 16, 2007, 01:37:26 PM »

I wasn't at the reunion because it was not MY reunion - they are one year younger than me - my reunion was in October of 2005.

That has always bothered me....mainly because I was more often friends with folks either in the class ahead of me or behind me.   I've often considered crashing their reunions just to have some fun.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #324 on: April 16, 2007, 01:39:29 PM »

Actually DR CILLA LIZ it is against FCC rules to give a personal greeting over the airwaves....a rule that used to be bypassed by entertainers like Carol Burnett by asking them what they wanted to say and then say:  "No, you can't do that....."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #325 on: April 16, 2007, 01:39:58 PM »

Well, just following the trail you blazed.

That must be quite the beaten path!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #326 on: April 16, 2007, 01:40:10 PM »

That has always bothered me....mainly because I was more often friends with folks either in the class ahead of me or behind me.   I've often considered crashing their reunions just to have some fun.

Fun for them or fun for you?  ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #327 on: April 16, 2007, 01:41:38 PM »

And it has a nice view of Mill Creek and the ducks that live there rather then the view of the parking lot and busy Center Street.

Ahhhh....when I am in my dotage, I'm certain I'll find a few good ducks a calming experience.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #328 on: April 16, 2007, 01:42:08 PM »

Fun for them or fun for you?  ;D

Both....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #329 on: April 16, 2007, 01:42:17 PM »

I began my afternoon with THE TUDORS. A pretty good episode. I'm glad they're not rushing things along too quickly. In this one, Henry has just met Anne Bolyn, but is only now starting to obsess about her, and she's playing it very cagily. Mary has been betrothed to the Archduke Charles (the Pope). Obviously, this marriage didn't happen since Mary eventually married Prince Philip of Spain and the Archduke Charles was actually one of Elizabeth's suitors many years later.

Archduke Charles is the Holy Roman emperor, I thnk, not the Pope.  Her may not be the same Charles who sought marriage to Elizabeth.  Mary Tudor - aren't they calling her Margaret in this series? - married Charles Brandon against Henry's wishes, and I love the set-up for those two.  It's very Beatrice and Benedict.  I'm puzzled by the comment from Boleyn and Norfolk about bringing Brandon into their plot since he and Mary Tudor both hated Anne Boleyn.  

I can't find any record of the character Pace who went to the Tower last night because of Wolsey

I've started reading about the War of the Roses, speaking of family feuds.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 01:45:07 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26   Go Up