Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TENDER LOVING CARE  (Read 29203 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:TENDER LOVING CARE
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2006, 02:48:34 PM »

RANT:

My Yahoo home page turns up the news item that Pam Anderson is divorcing Kid Rock.

Why.....would.....they.....think....I.....--....or anyone with a brain...---...care?

And all this hullabaloo about Michael Richards' racist blowup at a comedy club.

Michael Richards was not a blip on anyone's radar BEFORE he played Kramer on "Seinfeld."

And he hasn't been more than a blip on anyone's radar SINCE he played Kramer on "Seinfeld."

WHY DOES ANYONE CARE ABOUT MICHAEL RICHARDS?

Much less that he had a bad night and had a meltdown?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2006, 02:50:03 PM »

And is it just me, or has the press been FAWNING over Tom Cruise since the wedding in Italy?

They press has been potraying him as a TOTAL PARIAH for his beliefs and his actions....and suddenly he's this SWELL GUY because he married the mother of his child in Italy?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2006, 02:50:30 PM »

>Did you have any hand in the increasingly annoying "Brenda peek-a-boos" that clutter my TNT screen.

No...that's a whole diffferent department. They don't bother me as much as the ones for "Monk", and it's pretty funny that she's muching a donut as she ducks under the crime scene tape.

>(Not near as bad as the TBS promos for My Boys which are a reason NOT to tune in.)

Oh, are they bad? They were testing so poorly that they gave them to all of us to work on and had about 25-30 different spots. It's a hard show to sell, which is too bad, because I think it's pretty good. (They didn't go with the spot I cut... and I haven't seen the others.

You wouldn't believe the amount of negative comments on our first batch of Closer promos last year. They were run into the ground and people swore they would never watch the show. I only had the pilot to work from and her character was very annoying. As the show progressed, they toned down cetain aspects and were able to develop the supporting characters. Hopefully My Boys will have similar success down the road.

>And I particularly liked the trailer for the next Closer - no plot giveaways and neat visuals on why we watch the show - the characters! (I like the shots of Brenda eating the donut and running into Fritz's arms as bookends)

Thanks! The new shows are very interesting and quite a departure from the previous episodes. I try not to give anything away, and sometimes deliberately mislead just for fun. I should find out today how our numbers were for the season 1 marathon.

>An a thumbs up to whomever is responsible for the Trailer for the new Librarian sequel.

I'll tell Matt...he'll appreciate the compliment!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 02:51:16 PM by Edisaurus »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2006, 02:50:30 PM »

Can this country's media be led around by a ring in its collective nose or WHAT?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2006, 02:52:46 PM »

I don't know if I've seen it more than any other (The 10th Kingdom may earn that honor), but I definitely push FNM on people. Also The Apple, but only because it's painful & I want to share the pain. ;)

The Apple is AWESOME!!!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2006, 03:19:04 PM »

That story about the wreath...I can't believe that people are so upset. I guess Christmas isn't about celebrating the birthday of the prince of peace & all about which department stores will promote the holiday in their advertising.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #156 on: November 27, 2006, 03:19:41 PM »

The Apple is AWESOME!!!
Awesomely bad. I'm not sure how it made it to DVD, but I'm glad it did.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2006, 03:30:18 PM »

I agree with you about celebrities, DR RonPulliam. I don't watch much tv or movies and could care less about what ANY of them do.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2006, 03:31:58 PM »

About the wreath -- it is an HOA complaining, and they complain about any and everything.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2006, 04:03:34 PM »

Oh, yes....HOA's are notorious.  Heaven forbid individuality...or even a slight move to the left or right of the "collective" mentality.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2006, 04:11:44 PM »

And frankly, I don't understand why sports take up so much time in the news. It is a business.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2006, 04:55:37 PM »

It's Deja Thoris Vu all over again!

Starbucks sued over hot chocolate incident
An Indianapolis couple, Michael and Alexis Brennan, is suing Starbucks, claiming that they served their daughter a cup of hot chocolate, which subsequently spilled and left her with serious burns. The daughter, whose age was not given, but was young enough to fit in a car seat, was said to have been riding strapped into that car seat in the back of the car when she spilled the drink. The mother stopped the car and got out to discover that the "skin on [her] leg was falling off of her."

A high percentage of parents test the temperature of their kids' drinks by taking a sip themselves, but Ms. Brennan only subjected the drink to a visual inspection before handing it to her daughter. A small child holding a drink of any kind in the backseat of a moving car, especially if he or she is small enough to have to be confined to a car seat, sounds like a recipe for disaster, regardless of whether the drink is hot or not. The parents are, of course, seeking (unspecified) damages.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2006, 04:59:47 PM »

Oh, yes....HOA's are notorious.  Heaven forbid individuality...or even a slight move to the left or right of the "collective" mentality.

Actually, in this case, it seems the villain is a fascist in charge:

The subdivision's rules say no signs, billboards or advertising are permitted without the consent of the architectural control committee.

Kearns ordered the committee to require Jensen to remove the wreath, but members refused after concluding that it was merely a seasonal symbol that didn't say anything.

Kearns fired all five committee members.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 05:04:27 PM by DERBRUCER »

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2006, 04:59:56 PM »

DR Laura, great avatar!!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #164 on: November 27, 2006, 05:01:08 PM »

I'm not a very smart person, but even I know that a store-bought hot drink is very hot and should be checked by an adult before giving it to a child.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2006, 05:01:41 PM »

Thank you. I was in first grade. I liked the plaid scottie dog on the dress.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2006, 05:03:45 PM »

The Apple is AWESOME!!!

Spoken as a true Child of Eden!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2006, 05:10:28 PM »

No...that's a whole diffferent department. They don't bother me as much as the ones for "Monk", and it's pretty funny that she's muching a donut as she ducks under the crime scene tape.

>(Not near as bad as the TBS promos for My Boys which are a reason NOT to tune in.)

Oh, are they bad? They were testing so poorly that they gave them to all of us to work on and had about 25-30 different spots. It's a hard show to sell, which is too bad, because I think it's pretty good. (They didn't go with the spot I cut... and I haven't seen the others.

A. The Closer pop-ins can be cute; however...timing is everything. In the marathon episode where Just Plain Brenda has Just Plain Bill face down on her stoop and is closing in for a dramatic face-to-face - up jumps the pop-up and turns the scene into a cartoon!

B. My objections to the TBS spots was not content, but the execution. I am referring to the graphic flyins that covered nearly 25% of the screen (bottom left) during a Closer episode.  

der Brucer

Ginny

« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2006, 05:23:57 PM »

Back from:

1.  Errands
2.  A birthday visit to my mother
3.  More errands
4.  Dinner with my mother-in-law in the dining room of her retirement community apartment building.  The 4th person at our table was her neighbor, the (long-retired) librarian who hired me for my first professional job and mentored me to replace her when she retired.  It was lovely to visit with her.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2006, 06:00:01 PM »

Off to rehearsal.  I'm recording "Heroes" and "Studio 60," which I might be able to watch tonight after rehearsal.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2006, 06:00:30 PM »

My Post # 9990!

I also recorded last night's "Desperate Housewives," but I haven't watched that.

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2006, 07:28:10 PM »

Spoken as a true Child of Eden!
der Brucer
Donna Summer should've sued. "Coming For You" is a blatant rip off of "Wasted."

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2006, 07:28:48 PM »

The Apple's plot was so bad, they needed a deus ex machina.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2006, 08:19:38 PM »

A. The Closer pop-ins can be cute; however...timing is everything. In the marathon episode where Just Plain Brenda has Just Plain Bill face down on her stoop and is closing in for a dramatic face-to-face - up jumps the pop-up and turns the scene into a cartoon!

I do find them intrusive usually but have learned to live with them. They're not going away.

BTW, that is my all-time absolute favorite episode of THE CLOSER from either season (thus far). Not only do I LOVE her interaction with Jason O'Mara (Bill), but her support of Lt. Flynn in a moment when she could have had him crucified and gloated to his face is my favorite segment in the show.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2006, 08:21:33 PM »

Had lots to watch tonight. I began with my favorite CSI: MIAMI episode from last season entitled "Nailed." CSI Ryan Wolf gets shot in the eye with a nail gun in one of the most gripping episodes and best mysteries of the past season.

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2006, 08:23:13 PM »

Next, I went back to THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN and watched two episodes.

The first had to do with the Fireman's Friends, two thieves who robbed warehouses during fires masquerading as concerned firemen supporters providing coffee and doughnuts for the working men. One of the best episodes from the color years.

Michael

« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2006, 08:24:08 PM »

Just thought I drop in and say hey.

Hey!
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2006, 08:25:21 PM »

The second had to do with a barber whose earnestness and sincerity can inspire people to be the best they're possible of being. Not a strong episode, but I liked the guest actors.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2006, 08:26:28 PM »

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER had a very strong episode featuring Wayne Brady as Barney's gay brother. The biggest surprise was for Barney in the episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2006, 08:27:53 PM »

THE CLASS had one of its better episodes of the season, too. It had laughs, some pathos, and a sensible use of the large cast involved in a single story instead of having three or four plotlines running during the half hour.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up