Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CHORES  (Read 22311 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:CHORES
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2005, 10:06:56 AM »

Good news - Teddy can get me in at noon for a haircut.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2005, 10:11:01 AM »

. . .and are you playing Roxie Hart or Velma Kelly?   :o

The matron; I only do nondancing lesbian roles now that my bloom has faded.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2005, 10:14:47 AM »

Here's some upcoming classic releases from Warners coming up early next year:

Captains Courageous, The Champ (1931), Cimarron (1931), a 2-disc Gone with the Wind: Special Edition, The Good Earth, Johnny Belinda, Kitty Foyle, Love, Ludlow, Lust for Life, Murder in the Hamptons, and a number of double-feature releases including Blood Alley/Sea Chase, Collateral Damage/Eraser, Flipper/Flipper's New Adventure.

Jesus Christ, another edition of GWTW?  Talk about flogging dead horses.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2005, 10:17:45 AM »

However, I am invited to attend said presentation.  And, I'm still very excited!  Ah, Hugh Panaro and Carolee Carmello in the same room with me!  Musical theatre heaven!

Tell Carolee hello for me, and tell Hugh he never writes and never calls.  I'm not even sure the email address I have for him is good these days.  Is he trying to tell me something?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2005, 10:17:48 AM »

DR Elmore, your bloom will never fade; it just shines in different places these days!

:o

;D

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2005, 10:23:07 AM »

I do get to DH Richard's (and, therefore, DR elmore's) reunions on quite a regular basis, because they're right here in the town where we live.  At their 40th last year, one of their female classmates looked me up and down and said, "And who were you?"  That question has haunted me ever since.

Considering the comment probably came from one of the alcoholic, divorced, former cheerleaders I used to see around town before moving to New York, I'd say the questioner is already haunted!

Speaking of haunted, you should have some ideas there for a Halloween costume.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2005, 10:27:20 AM »

DR Elmore, your bloom will never fade; it just shines in different places these days!

:o

;D

;)

DR SWoodyWhite, that's why I love you!  :-*
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 10:28:11 AM by elmore3003 »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2005, 10:29:48 AM »

Trying to decide if I even want to waste time with CATWOMAN starring Halle Berry. It's premiering on HBO tonight, and I know it got dreadful reviews. Is it bad enough to be entertaining (VALLEY OF THE DOLLS bad) or is it just a miserable experience to sit through.

Has anyone here rented it or did anyone see it in the theater?

I experienced "Cat Woman" on my return flight from SC last December.

I didn't have earphones, and didn't have interest in requesting any, but it was visually entertaining and seemed like it might be quite fun.  Of course, I was spared the possibility of dialogue that might have ruined the visuals, but it "looked" fun.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2005, 10:30:22 AM »

Considering the comment probably came from one of the alcoholic, divorced, former cheerleaders I used to see around town before moving to New York, I'd say the questioner is already haunted!

Well, DR elmore, if she were a musical comedy character, her romantic interest would be named Frank Butler!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2005, 10:35:29 AM »

Well, DR elmore, if she were a musical comedy character, her romantic interest would be named Frank Butler!

Anne Swisher!  Oh, the stories.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2005, 10:38:19 AM »

Anne did play a mean cello, and I always liked her and Steve, her husband.  Anne was the only person I knew at our August 1968 college graduation.  I don't know why she didn't graduate in June.  I couldn't because I had one last phys ed course to take after failing swimming.  Oy!  I'm probably the only person EVER to fail phys ed!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 10:39:10 AM by elmore3003 »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2005, 10:39:44 AM »

My hair has been cut for another three week.

I feel lighter, somehow...airier...and...bouncier (which is probably the end result of the double latte I drank while there).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2005, 10:43:11 AM »

I've never done a formal reunion.

I've reunited with former college friends and had lots of fun, though.

There were some "kids" in high school I not only never want to see again but never want to hear of again, unless I see an obituary! (It would be my luck that "they" would be the only other ones at a reunion...and I'd have to put them out of my misery.)

College is different, although I'm also less inclined to attend a reunion having seen them in progress each homecoming while I was a student.  They seemed happy, but it looked kinda "sad".

Much preferable is that I'm on a mailing list of many of the folks who were special to me and we keep moving closer to our own, smaller, get-together in the near future.  Oddly, many have moved from far and wide to within 20 miles of the college we all attended.  We all fell in love with the mountains around our school and it's hot property now.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 11:41:42 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2005, 10:47:26 AM »

Where the frell are my waders?

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2005, 10:48:14 AM »

Oy!  I'm probably the only person EVER to fail phys ed!

No, you're not; I failed ping-pong in high school  ::)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2005, 10:48:38 AM »

TPunk:  You tell Rodzinski to eat plenty of chicken soup.  I'm sorry he's feeling puny...have been there myself.

I wish I could bring him a bowl of sweet-and-sour soup from the local Szechuan restaurant I love.  It cures what ails ya!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2005, 10:53:36 AM »

Oh, by the way, TPunk, I have a question to ask about Walty and Killbot:

I once had two cats...Dickens, a male Persian hybrid (looked like a gray Maine coon), and Miss Vickie, a female calico.

When I was ill, Dickens sensed it immediately and he would get up on the bed and snuggle up against me as if to keep me warm.  He was never restless and never complained if I slept past his feeding time.  

Vickie, on the other hand, never seemed to sense anything like that.  She couldn't have cared less, and was quite fussy when meal time came around despite the fact that I felt like death warmed over.

My question:  Do Walty or Killbot have any sympathetic traits toward their humans like my Dickens seemed to have?

And for anyone else with cats:  Has your cat every sensed your illness and been empathetic and snuggled with you?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 10:54:16 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2005, 11:03:41 AM »

Off to Cincinnati!  We'll be back in time for the 7pm kickoff between Michigan and Northwestern on ESPN2.  Bye for now.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2005, 12:58:25 PM »

Time to get ready for the costume party.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2005, 01:12:16 PM »

Tomovoz I have been on a “Hawaiian” macadamia nut binge.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2005, 01:15:31 PM »

From FJL:

Thanks, Ginny, for making Skip and me a landmark on your map of the walking tour.  Skip got a real kick out of that.

You were a great part of our walking/eating tour how could you not be on the map. :)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2005, 01:30:53 PM »

I'm sure that GONE WITH THE WIND is just the movie on two discs without all the bonus features on the 4-disc set thus making it more price friendly for those on a budget.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2005, 01:38:36 PM »

Yes, George Feltenstein was present during the discussion as was Ned Price and the VP in charge of publicity, all talking with Robert Harris.

Here's the link to their discussion:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/robertharris/harris102505.html

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2005, 01:40:16 PM »

I did put in REAR WINDOW and began by re-watching the documentary and the making and resotration of the film. Very interesting.

Started the film but only got through Thelma Ritter's sequence. I'll go back to it when I go downstairs. Then, it's on to WOLF.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2005, 01:40:45 PM »

Jose, great news!  :D  Enjoy your win-win situation.

Matt H.

« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2005, 01:41:44 PM »

After getting no mail yesterday, today (expecting a BIG haul), I got one letter! Argh! I've entered THE TWILIGHT ZONE!

:(

Jane

« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2005, 01:46:20 PM »

FJL, that long term power thing is such a drag.  At least the folks had a short break from it.

And I had three helpings of delicious food at your house.  

Jane

« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2005, 01:50:35 PM »

No, you're not; I failed ping-pong in high school  ::)

Keith failed golf in college.  Is excuse was the class was too early.  Considering he had to get up & take me to work every morning I found it a pathetic excuse and a waste of our precious money.  ;D

Jane

« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2005, 01:52:41 PM »

TPunk-love the photo & the long hair.  

Feel better vibes for Rodzinski.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2005, 01:57:21 PM »

Ron, for the most part, except for our Tortie & White, all our cats have been somewhat sensitive to our feelings, none as much My Sin, our black cat with white markings.  Come to think of it our long haired cat Gaia, with the same markings, was an exceptionally sensitive & kind cat.  Kind wasn’t really the word for My Sin, however if anyone in the family was upset or crying she was right there to comfort you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up