Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: THAT SLY COME HITHER STARE  (Read 56666 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:THAT SLY COME HITHER STARE
« Reply #450 on: September 07, 2007, 06:48:37 PM »

Anniversary Waltz Dance!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #451 on: September 07, 2007, 06:51:45 PM »

Although, after 28 years, it would look more like this:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #452 on: September 07, 2007, 06:51:50 PM »

TCB you must be very confused.  Only the surgeon doesn't seem to think it is a torn anything.  Are shoulders his specialty?

Jane

« Reply #453 on: September 07, 2007, 06:52:40 PM »

DR Laura-Cute.  Will you be dancing tonight, for a few minutes anyway?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #454 on: September 07, 2007, 06:55:36 PM »

TCB you must be very confused.  Only the surgeon doesn't seem to think it is a torn anything.  Are shoulders his specialty?

He is said to be the best shoulder man in the area.  I would say that he is, at least, the best looking.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #455 on: September 07, 2007, 06:59:27 PM »

Cilla have you seen BOSTON LEGAL?  If so what do you think of their courtroom drama?  ;D

I've only watched it a couple times.  It is what it is.  ;)

Jane

« Reply #456 on: September 07, 2007, 07:03:20 PM »

An inflamed rotator cuff:

If the cuff is bruised only, bleeding into the tendons occurs, the tendons swell, and pain increases. This entrapment of the swollen cuff may persist for months, increasing and decreasing in intensity usually related to activity. The entrapment of the rotator cuff is called the "impingement syndrome. " The syndrome is typically characterized by pain when the arm is in the overhead position, pain when twisting a screw driver or opening a bottle top, or pulling a cork, or when skiing. For the athlete, the pain is usually at the front of the shoulder.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #457 on: September 07, 2007, 07:06:15 PM »

An inflamed rotator cuff:

If the cuff is bruised only, bleeding into the tendons occurs, the tendons swell, and pain increases. This entrapment of the swollen cuff may persist for months, increasing and decreasing in intensity usually related to activity. The entrapment of the rotator cuff is called the "impingement syndrome. " The syndrome is typically characterized by pain when the arm is in the overhead position, pain when twisting a screw driver or opening a bottle top, or pulling a cork, or when skiing. For the athlete, the pain is usually at the front of the shoulder.

Damn!  You are good, Nurse Jane!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #458 on: September 07, 2007, 07:07:28 PM »

RE: them showing LEGALLY BLONDE on MTV. I think it's an interesting experiment for them to try. If the kids who are obcessed with shows like HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL will watch this show and want to see it, then i think it could be quite successful.

Also, re: RENT the movie. I still don't get that one.  The movie is not the show. If it was your favorite movie, how could you not want to see the show live? (although without the OBC it's not the same, but still).

DR Jennifer, going to New York from here to see a show or shows is a very big deal. when you're only there for a couple days and can only see one or two shows, and have to pay the crazy prices you have to pay now, why wouldn't you want to see something you can't see anywhere else?   And if you can seen it on TV free, why on earth would you pay that much to see it live when there are many other shows to choose from?  

When I went to Spring Awakening, I sat next to a girl who had seen it 28 times and had seen The Wedding Singer 46 times or something like that.  Now THAT'S what I don't get.   I think I'm a bit crazy to have seen Curtains 6 times, but at least it was in development and was slightly different every time I saw it.  I also wonder where these kids get the money to see the shows that many times.

Jane

« Reply #459 on: September 07, 2007, 07:07:51 PM »

Rehabilitation and Treatment

Treatment of inflammation of the rotator cuff begins with an accurate diagnosis to rule out a tear of the cuff, followed by a combination of anti-inflammatory and strengthening maneuvers. An anti-inflammatory agent such as ibuprofen or aspirin is ingested daily and continued for six weeks. Regular dosing is required to build up blood level and to maintain that level throughout the initial treatment time to obtain the optimum anti-inflammatory effect. By diminishing the inflammation, further strengthening and stretching exercises can be performed.

The combination of a good warm up, gentle stretching, strengthening below the limits of pain, icing after working out and anti-inflammatory medication has been consistently shown to speed recovery time in the strongest possible fashion.

Not doing the above can make it worse.

François

« Reply #460 on: September 07, 2007, 07:07:59 PM »

I have to say this Dubya fellow is really good at making me laugh! Jay Leno? David Letterman? Eat your heart out!

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/oops-dubya-picks-wrong-pec/2007/09/07/1188783457965.html

Oh well! What the rub? He said, today, "Austrian" for "Australian" and "OPEC" for "APEC"...

He's only President of the US of A! And even Presidents (Of Nations) can make mistakes!

Jane

« Reply #461 on: September 07, 2007, 07:09:40 PM »

I hope the surgeon is correct & it isn't torn:

If the cuff is torn, early arthroscopic or open repair is often helpful.

François

« Reply #462 on: September 07, 2007, 07:11:38 PM »

He is said to be the best shoulder man in the area.  I would say that he is, at least, the best looking.

Cole Porter must have known him!! :o

Once I loved such a shattering physician,
Quite the BEST-LOOKING DOCTOR in the state.
He looked after my physical condition,
And his bedside manner was great.
When I'd gaze up and see him there above me,
Looking less like a doctor than a Turk,
I was tempted to shisper, "Do you love me,
Or do you merely love your work?"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 07:13:37 PM by François »

Cillaliz

« Reply #463 on: September 07, 2007, 07:11:46 PM »

I'm irritated about all this tonight, but I'm sure Sam and I will have a wonderful time at Legally Blonde.  We are going to wear pink and have a good time with it.  It's just lost some of the specialness for me

Jane

« Reply #464 on: September 07, 2007, 07:12:43 PM »

TCB-There is hope!

Most people recover full function after a combination of medications, physical therapy, and steroid injections. For patients with tendinitis and a bone spur, arthroscopic surgery is usually successful in restoring them to their pre-injury level of activity.

Jane

« Reply #465 on: September 07, 2007, 07:13:45 PM »

TCB I keep reading how athletes get this problem.  So what the heck were you doing? ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #466 on: September 07, 2007, 07:18:01 PM »

TCB I keep reading how athletes get this problem.  So what the heck were you doing? ;)

laundry
[/size]
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #467 on: September 07, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »

The more I read the more I realize this is the same as the bursitis I had/have.  At its worst, it was excruciatingly painful.  It was in the front, lower part of my shoulder.  I couldn't move my shoulder, yet I had to.  Craig was a baby, Bryan three, plus we had 3 cats & two large dogs.  Someone had to care for them all & most the time there was only me to do it.

Oh, TCB I really feel for you.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 07:20:11 PM by Jane »

Cillaliz

« Reply #468 on: September 07, 2007, 07:20:25 PM »

laundry
[/size]

Hmmm, I was going to do laundry in the morning, but maybe it's too dangerous....

Jane

« Reply #469 on: September 07, 2007, 07:22:15 PM »

I guess all that movement is what I needed since I wasn't offered PT.  Not that I went to a doctor, for about 6 months, to be offered PT.  

singdaw

« Reply #470 on: September 07, 2007, 07:22:51 PM »

I have to say this Dubya fellow is really good at making me laugh!

Cillaliz

« Reply #471 on: September 07, 2007, 07:23:25 PM »

BB SPOILERS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From looking at the nominations by Zach, it isn't unexpected, but if he or Jameka win I'll really be disappointed.  I can't believe Zach thought he could make a deal of the prize money with Jameka - that's always been a taboo

Jane

« Reply #472 on: September 07, 2007, 07:23:27 PM »

While carrying laundry down to the basement in New Jersey I fell down the flight of concrete stairs.  My tail bone has never been the same since then.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #473 on: September 07, 2007, 07:24:09 PM »

I'm irritated about all this tonight, but I'm sure Sam and I will have a wonderful time at Legally Blonde.  We are going to wear pink and have a good time with it.  It's just lost some of the specialness for me

I certianly understand why you are upset.   I would be, also.  Seeing a show on Broadway is a very special thing.  And a very expensive thing.  They have damaged this experience for you.  Actually, I think you should write a letter to the producers (on your legal letterhead) and let them know exactly how unfair you think they are being to their theater patrons.  I'm serious!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #474 on: September 07, 2007, 07:24:49 PM »

Gotta go.  Keith is making popcorn & we are going to watch GHOST RIDEER.

'night.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #475 on: September 07, 2007, 07:25:39 PM »

The more I read the more I realize this is the same as the bursitis I had/have.  At its worst, it was excruciatingly painful.  It was in the front, lower part of my shoulder.  I couldn't move my shoulder, yet I had to.  Craig was a baby, Bryan three, plus we had 3 cats & two large dogs.  Someone had to care for them all & most the time there was only me to do it.

Oh, TCB I really feel for you.

Thank you, Jane.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #476 on: September 07, 2007, 07:27:20 PM »

I've considered writing to someone or a letter to the editor of the NYT. But I've learned to take a deep breath and wait a day or two to see if I still feel the same way

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #477 on: September 07, 2007, 07:31:45 PM »

BK, when you return from the theater this evening, could you try to remember if there is someplace online to go to find the complete list of scheduled talent (to date) for the fundraiser?
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #478 on: September 07, 2007, 07:36:07 PM »

FEEL NO PAIN VIBES TO DR TCB ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #479 on: September 07, 2007, 07:39:01 PM »

I've considered writing to someone or a letter to the editor of the NYT. But I've learned to take a deep breath and wait a day or two to see if I still feel the same way

I was going to get the names of the producers for you to write to, but there is about twenty-five different names and organizations listed.  I would certainly start with Fox Theatricals and The Nederlander Organization.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20   Go Up