Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: HOO AND RAY, IT'S MAY  (Read 93024 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:HOO AND RAY, IT'S MAY
« Reply #330 on: May 01, 2007, 05:09:31 PM »

I've been home now for a couple of hours, and my poor footsies are finally recovering.

Yep, it was a full day of cart wrangling.

But at least I'm caught up on everything.

At least, I think I'm caught up.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #331 on: May 01, 2007, 05:09:49 PM »

Cilla-I hope you and the other lawyer in the building always get along & respect each other.

Elmore-You sound upbeat & fairly casual about the horrible email, but it has got to be very frustrating.  Vibes that no one believes the horrible lies.

I assume you're talking about the other immigration lawyer...the building is jam packed with lawyers.  I'm sure we will.  Immigration is one of those areas of the law where lawyers tend to see themselves as us against the goverment.  Something, I'm quite familiar with.  I'm glad there will be someone to bounce ideas off of and it was clear from the look on his face that he was too

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #332 on: May 01, 2007, 05:09:57 PM »

See?  Page Twelve!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #333 on: May 01, 2007, 05:10:34 PM »

Not yet, Tom. Anthony has a busy week and since we have to watch it on the computer we haven't yet found the time to snuggle in bed to watch. The computer is in the bedroom, if you haven't guessed. It is just a 3 room apartment, after all. No room for it (the computer) in the living room.

Ben

« Reply #334 on: May 01, 2007, 05:11:46 PM »

Maybe this weekend we can settle down to watch it. We did watch the opening to see if it played on the 'puter. We saw the opening credits and look forward to the rest.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #335 on: May 01, 2007, 05:11:52 PM »

As long as you can get someone from the US on the phone, amazon customer service is tops.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #336 on: May 01, 2007, 05:12:07 PM »

Will we never get to page thirteen?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #337 on: May 01, 2007, 05:12:34 PM »

I'm going back to the film Interlude, with Oskar Werner and Barbara Ferris.

Cillaliz

« Reply #338 on: May 01, 2007, 05:12:48 PM »

Hi all!  Tra La--It's MAY!

Lovely photos, DRL!

DR Elmore, I'll bite that guy on the ankle if he says anything against you!  Just let me at him!

LOL Danise, the image of you biting someone on the ankle really cracks me up

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #339 on: May 01, 2007, 05:13:10 PM »

If I didn't eat another meal, I would definitely lose weight by tomorrow, even though I did not jog today (too chilly for jogging).

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #340 on: May 01, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »

Working in the parking lot gives me plenty of time to read bumper stickers and other whatnots pasted on the cars.

Today, I spotted a sticker posted on the side-window of an SUV.  It had an image of the traditional pink breast cancer awareness ribbon.  Below the ribbon was a slogan.

[size=20]Save the tatas![/size]

No, I cannot make this kind of stuff up.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #341 on: May 01, 2007, 05:14:50 PM »

I'm going back to the film Interlude, with Oskar Werner and Barbara Ferris.
I hope your guests enjoy the film, esteemed BK!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #342 on: May 01, 2007, 05:15:59 PM »

[size=20]Save the tatas!
Save the world![/size]

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #343 on: May 01, 2007, 05:16:10 PM »

I wonder if DR Ben has "experienced" Chu Chin Chow yet. The Staged version was one of my Mother's great memories.

A musical Arabian Night!  I too like "Chu Chin Chow." I think I have the CD with Inia te Wiata.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #344 on: May 01, 2007, 05:16:43 PM »

[size=20]A tata saved
Is a tata earned![/size]

Cillaliz

« Reply #345 on: May 01, 2007, 05:17:43 PM »

Ah! BK answered my question. Thank you, Bruce.

Yes, one should catch up before replying.

If I catch up before I reply I can't always remember what I wanted to reply to
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 05:28:38 PM by Cillaliz »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #346 on: May 01, 2007, 05:18:36 PM »

OK, those last two I made up.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #347 on: May 01, 2007, 05:19:45 PM »

I've got to get dinner started.  Roasting taters and beets.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #348 on: May 01, 2007, 05:21:52 PM »

I loved all three seasons of SLINGS & ARROWS.  Imagine it's taking place backstage at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.

;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #349 on: May 01, 2007, 05:29:27 PM »

The weather is so nice today 75 degrees or so.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #350 on: May 01, 2007, 05:34:58 PM »

I had an interesting morning. The young pup banker who I thought was so rude yesterday called me to tell me they are processing a loan and I need to do a financial statement.  I told him I was offended by the way he treated me yesterday, that I went in asking about a small business loan, all he could tell me is I had to do a home equity loan.  He didn't ask any questions relevant to a business loan and really offended me.   So, I went to another bank. They took me seriously, asked the appropriate questions and have already told me I get the loan.  

He started asking the terms whether it was secured/unsecured. I told him it was none of his business, that it isn't a home equity loan and that it wasn't my place to teach him how to do his job, but that my business accounts would now be going to the other bank.

He apologized but kept saying he did everything he could to help me.  I told him he didn't, that he didn't treat me as a business person and that I was offended. When he asked what they could do I said "Nothing". you have lost my business.

God that felt good.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 05:35:23 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #351 on: May 01, 2007, 05:38:31 PM »

Later, I ran into my new banker in the elevator (we're in the same building). When I asked him how long it would be until I had some news he said I got the loan. I said, "Great! How soon can I start spending it"  He laughed, shook his head and walked away.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #352 on: May 01, 2007, 05:40:03 PM »

Good Evening!

WHEW!

-I seemed to have said a lot today.

In short - and only because I don't want to make the long day even longer by describing it in detail - about 500 people showed up for today's call.  Since the turnout, in general, has been on the low side for open calls lately, we all thought today would not be that crazy.  Boy were we W-R-O-N-G!  Over 200 women were signed before we started at 10:00, and about 150 men were signed up for the afternoon slots.  So, we had to "type" - which, unfortunately, is a necessary evil at times in order to get through the day.  People were brought in the room in groups of 20, and then going by their look and their resume they were either "typed in" or "typed out".  Even before they sang a note.  :-\  Again, a necessary evil.

-And even with the typing, we ran into overtime.

Whew!

*But we saw some amazing people, and after the initial craziness died down, it was a good day.

WHEW!

(OK! - That's my last time saying, "Whew!")  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #353 on: May 01, 2007, 05:43:23 PM »

One really interesting thing about today's audition session was that we had a lot of people in from Seattle, Portland and San Diego.  They all just happened to be in NYC for the week, and decided to come in to the audition.  One of the guys from San Diego - who's name I can't remember right now - had a bunch of La Jolla and Los Angeles credits on his resume.  I'm wondering if he and DR Cason had ever crossed paths.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #354 on: May 01, 2007, 05:44:15 PM »

DR singdaw - Thanks for the links to the Mr. Broadway 2007 pics.  I do like Mr. McGill, however, my ACL crush is Tyler Hanes who plays Larry.  YUMMY!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #355 on: May 01, 2007, 05:45:17 PM »

And as for staring at the dancers during ACL, since the pit is in a separate room (not in the pit), there is no place to look up at the dancers.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #356 on: May 01, 2007, 05:47:53 PM »

OH!  And only because I keep forgetting to mention it...

I'm a bit disappointed that the Sweeney Todd Sondheim Celebration Reunion Concert at the Kennedy Center that was scheduled for this June has been cancelled due to various - and numerous - scheduling conflicts.  The cancellation was announced a few weeks ago.  I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

*However, I think it's really cool that Hugh Panaro and some other Broadway Boys will be touring with Barbra Sreisand this summer in Europe.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #357 on: May 01, 2007, 05:48:07 PM »

DR JRand56, what are you channeling?  I hope you're right!

The stars and the planets, of course.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #358 on: May 01, 2007, 05:48:27 PM »

Give 'em heck, Cilla!
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #359 on: May 01, 2007, 05:49:07 PM »

TOD: May 14th, 14 years ago, I married the love of my life, accompanied by the melodious sounds of a steel drum band in the beautiful garden of my assistant editor and his partner. The band brought suitcases of percussion instruments so everyone could play along!

That, so far, has been the happiest day of my life.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Up