Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CRAZY WEEK BEGINS  (Read 5511 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE CRAZY WEEK BEGINS
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2018, 04:28:08 PM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2018, 04:28:20 PM »

Hello, 1 guest!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2018, 04:28:32 PM »

What is your favorite dolphin movie?
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2018, 04:32:42 PM »

Thatch says Flipper!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2018, 04:32:55 PM »

I tried something new for dinner tonight: Caulipower. It's a frozen pizza with a cauliflower crust. I added a jalapeno from the garden and some fresh basil. It was actually fairly good. I got the three-cheese version. Given that it's low carb, I just might have to try it again.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2018, 04:33:50 PM »

Thatch says Flipper!

Good for Thatch. I'm sure Annabelle could hardly care less since she wasn't the star.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2018, 04:38:28 PM »

Ntozake Shange has died. She was only 70. That means she was in her 20s when for colored girls ... opened.

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2018, 04:41:43 PM »

I have her cookbook, which is more political than recipe filled.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2018, 04:46:56 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings from Natchez, MS!  We drove down through Louisiana so Richard could add it to his list of states visited.  Had a nice lunch at Magnolia Grill and now we’re going to explore a bit.

Is the Magnolia Grill named after the heroine of Show Boat? Her wedding to Ravenal happens on the levee at Natchez.

It could well be, DR Elmore, because it’s on Silver Street, all that’s left of the under-the-hill part of town.  It’s where the riverboats docked and had a pretty unsavory reputation.  Now it’s quaintly restored shops and restaurants.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2018, 04:52:33 PM »

I’ve been hearing about these cauliflower pizzas being a thing.

I want one.

ChasSmith

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2018, 04:52:48 PM »

Now.

John G.

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2018, 04:57:35 PM »

I’ve been hearing about these cauliflower pizzas being a thing.

I want one.

I was surprised to find it in the freezer section of my local supermarket. No place fancy.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2018, 05:04:22 PM »

George, I enjoyed the photos.

John G.

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2018, 05:13:42 PM »

Vertically challenged Alan Ladd has a lot of shots with a kid. Every time he's with Sophia Loren in a shot, they're either sitting or getting out of a boat in which he's one level or step above her.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2018, 05:19:53 PM »

I've been trying to understand modern anti-Semitism and synagogue safety and such, and I ran across this written by a Rabbi back in January, about the high percentage of Jewish men in the male-female cases.  (and also Les Moonves, which was more recent)

https://medium.com/@danielbrenner/are-jewish-men-pigs-7bd05fd79b05

Caution:  The cartoon of Harvey Wenstein might offend some people.

That was really long.  I only read a little over half of it and was speeding through it by then.  It was a tough read but interesting.  "All men are pigs", to me, basically means this type of behavior is across the board and not just within one or two groups of religious groups.

In reverse racism, I have been told by many women over the years they wish they were Jewish because Jewish men make the best husbands.   

Jane

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2018, 05:37:40 PM »

I tried something new for dinner tonight: Caulipower. It's a frozen pizza with a cauliflower crust. I added a jalapeno from the garden and some fresh basil. It was actually fairly good. I got the three-cheese version. Given that it's low carb, I just might have to try it again.

I have seen the cauliflower pizza crusts for sale and have been curious to try one.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2018, 05:39:41 PM »

We had an errand to do in Portland today.  On the way home we stopped at Fort Vancouver and Officer's Row to walk and enjoy the last of the fall colors.  We were concerned we would be caught in the rain but the storm skirted us and then the sun came out :)

Jane

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2018, 05:40:47 PM »

I am procrastinating doing my difficult exercises.  I had better walk away from the computer and do what I can.

John G.

« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2018, 05:42:36 PM »

I have seen the cauliflower pizza crusts for sale and have been curious to try one.

This brand, Caulifpower, had both the crusts by themselves or fully made pizzas.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2018, 05:47:19 PM »

Well, I'm not ready to start Shampoo (another library film with Tony Bill in it) or One from the Heart or anything else tonight. I'm headed back to Lethal White. I'm almost at the point where George was the other day.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2018, 05:49:44 PM »

Well, I'm not ready to start Shampoo (another library film with Tony Bill in it)

Maybe you should talk to Liza about it

Jane

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2018, 05:51:36 PM »

This brand, Caulifpower, had both the crusts by themselves or fully made pizzas.

We rarely eat pizza anymore but this will be an excuse to do so.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2018, 06:41:33 PM »

Yesterday I was still very sore from PT on Friday.  This evening was much better and I found a more comfortable way to do the exercises.  I also figured out a soft, not too cold way to ice afterwards.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2018, 09:12:28 PM »

Page three?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2018, 09:16:02 PM »

Had an interesting rehearsal - we did run the whole show, but occasionally stopped to work the set change (involving four moving panels).  I also added some new moves for the last three scenes.  They work very well and are very light.  One actress who has been a problem was one hour late, professing she thought we started at six.  Funny that, as the calendar clearly says five.  Another actress' mom is near death, so she's flying out tomorrow and won't return to us until Friday.  Another actress has lost her voice - no surprise to me, certainly.  So, rehearsing this week is going to be really hellish because another actress is also gone until Thursday.  So, the first time I will have my full cast again isn't until Friday, at which point we are one week from tech, which infuriates me as this week is pretty much a lost week in terms of doing proper run-throughs with our full company.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2018, 10:26:37 PM »

SHOW VIBES!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2018, 11:11:44 PM »

Good evening.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2018, 11:12:15 PM »

Page 3?  Seriously?
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2018, 11:14:01 PM »

I still have to get a few more props for the show:  a pointer for the narrater, a riding crop, a newspaper, and the ushers' boxes to sell goody bags before the show still need to be painted.

Well, I got the pointer*, an actor is going to bring a riding crop for Frank-N-Furter, my parents have newspapers but I forgot to bring some home when I went over there today, and the ushers' boxes are going to be wrapped in thick (heavy duty) silver wrapping paper.   
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2018, 11:14:02 PM »

Where the f*** Hell heck is everybody tonight?
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up