Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BK STRIKE  (Read 33686 times)

FJL

Re:THE BK STRIKE
« Reply #270 on: November 29, 2007, 03:11:42 PM »

Vibes to Elan and his wife!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2007, 03:15:31 PM »

I'll drink to that! Vibes to Elan!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2007, 03:21:54 PM »

JMK, I saw a little preview of the Cinderella show that you mention. It was on channel 8's morning news during Drew Carney's segment yesterday, I think it was....I just love that Drew Carney...he really cracks me up every morning, he is so funny!

Yes, that was actually from two days ago.  I graciously declined the 4:30 a.m. call for that one and told them to feel free to use the pre-record.  If you listen very closely, you can hear my semi-elegant work in the background.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2007, 03:22:54 PM »

Elan, as a veteran of two midnight to mid-morning (as in 3 a.m.) "Honey, I think my water's broken" wake-up calls, sometimes inducements have their up-side.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2007, 03:35:11 PM »

Listening to more Weather Report - like a lot of it, but not all of it.  I don't think listening to these back to back are the best way, and none of them are as good as the Jaco Pastorius CD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2007, 03:35:53 PM »

I'm feeling a little tired and a little logey, but I finished the number I've been working on, so that's good.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #276 on: November 29, 2007, 04:17:40 PM »

Good evening, fellow Dear Readers. I spent the entire day at the river birdwatching. We counted about 35 or so species. The highlight, though, was a bobcat and a beaver.

The Mesa police helicopter was circling over the river with people hanging out the door, sometimes standing on the skids. They must have been training rescue workers. We were glad to see that they were wearing hardhats while dangling out of the chopper. Like that would make a difference.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 04:18:16 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #277 on: November 29, 2007, 04:22:44 PM »

I do remember hearing that little girl belting out "Mama, He's Making Eyes at Me," and I thought at the time that an adult man making eyes at that little girl was disturbing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2007, 04:23:06 PM »

Cleaning and organizing and writing and listening.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #279 on: November 29, 2007, 04:25:45 PM »

Well, they say we may get a lot of rain the next couple of days. I hope so!!!!!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2007, 04:33:53 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from midtown... And for some unknown reason, the shoes I bought a few weeks ago were not agreeing with my feet at all while I was traipsing about the streets of New York City.  I have a small blister on my right heel, and there's some sort of irritation on my left "pinky" toe.  Most unseemly.  In any case, I had wanted to walk around a bit more, but after taking care of my errands and taking care of some shopping, I hopped back on the A train uptown.  I may head out again, but...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #281 on: November 29, 2007, 04:36:52 PM »

...While I was out, I happened to receive a couple of calls inquiring about my availability to play for various audition calls.  I tentatively said, "Yes," to everyone, but since I didn't have my calendar on me, I told them I would have to confirm once I got home.  Well...  It turns out I am available for all the calls I had been asked about, and it looks like I'm going to be quite busy over the next two weeks.  -I guess the strike really is over. :)  *And I guess I can buy Christmas gifts this year too.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #282 on: November 29, 2007, 04:41:11 PM »

I think I may wrap up work for the day.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2007, 04:42:49 PM »

I did walk by some of the theatres annd TKTS.  It was nice seeing all the door men back on duty, and I even ran into a couple of actors and actresses on their way out of their brush-up rehearsals.  I'm guessing EVERYONE had a brush-up rehearsal today.

When I walked by TKTS around 5:00, almost every single show was up on the board, except for the usual suspects (Wicked, Jersey Boys, Young Frankenstein, etc.).  However, Grease was up there, and that was actually a bit of a surprise to me.  Alas, there were maybe ten people in line at the windows.  I know they opened the booth a half-hour earlier today at 2:30, so maybe that's when the crowds came by, but it seemed strangely - and unfortunately - deserted when I walked by.  -The lines at the theatre box offices also seemed a bit light tonight too.

I was tempted to go up and get a ticket to something, but since everything was up there, I really couldn't decide what I wanted to see.  -And my feet were really starting to bother me by then too.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2007, 04:43:13 PM »

Good luck with the audition gigs Jose!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #285 on: November 29, 2007, 04:43:59 PM »

REQUEST:

Warm weather please... Or at least warmer than 5 above...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #286 on: November 29, 2007, 04:44:31 PM »

the cold snap is supposed to last until the end of the weekend and then head east...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #287 on: November 29, 2007, 04:45:47 PM »

It is however much colder with the wind. The windchill is about -20

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #288 on: November 29, 2007, 04:46:48 PM »

OH!  And I'll be seeing Liz Callaway tomorrow night at The Metropolitan Room.  

BK - Would you like me to pass on and special greeting to her?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 04:47:19 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #289 on: November 29, 2007, 04:48:09 PM »

Good luck with the audition gigs Jose!

Thanks, DR DakotaCelt... Although, no luck is needed.  I already have the gigs, it's the actors and actresses coming in that will need the luck.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #290 on: November 29, 2007, 04:49:45 PM »

I think I may wrap up work for the day.

Does that mean you'll have your own picket line again on the way out from work?

And will you have to sign in at half-hour tonight to show your "willingness" to work during the strike?

And who handles your strike pay?
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #291 on: November 29, 2007, 04:49:53 PM »

DakotaCelt, it was so cold here that I had to wear a windbreaker this morning. It was t-shirt weather this afternoon.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #292 on: November 29, 2007, 04:55:44 PM »

For any NYCers out there who may find themselves near the Time-Warner Center at Columbus Circle, and who may be in need of a caffeine fix, the Illy Coffee[/color] folks have set up their free espresso booth again in the lobby.  However, this year, it's up on the second floor in front of Border's.  They've also somewhat streamlined the process this year by switching to pre-packed pods for the espresso.  Last year, they were a totally manual operation - grinding the beans, measuring them out, tamping them into the cup, etc.  And when you're serving over 3000 people a day, well... In any case...

It's a good shot of espresso, and they do have steamed milk available if you'd prefer a macchiato.  I'm sure I'll be making a return visit or two over the next two weeks.

Oh - They're serving a medium roast espresso blend in both regular and decaf.  *And if you're really nice - and the line isn't that long, they will make you a double-shot.  :-*
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 04:56:08 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #293 on: November 29, 2007, 04:56:40 PM »

~~~~~BABY A-BORNING VIBES TO DR ELAN'S WIFE~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #294 on: November 29, 2007, 04:57:07 PM »

DakotaCelt, it was so cold here that I had to wear a windbreaker this morning. It was t-shirt weather this afternoon.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #295 on: November 29, 2007, 04:57:26 PM »

Jose, yes, please tell her hello for me and that I wish I could be there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #296 on: November 29, 2007, 04:57:51 PM »

And while you're at it, say hello to Alex Rybeck and Ron Tierno (drummer) for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #297 on: November 29, 2007, 05:01:11 PM »

I began watching the Carol Burnett AMERICAN MASTERS program. I'm only about 40 minutes in, but I love that it's not a chronological biography of her life. We keep going back and forth between recent, mid-career, and early Carol, and it really keeps my interest up this way.

How great to see some of the singing clips from her show (as well as the two MATTRESSS productions) since it doesn't appear we're likely to ever get them on DVD.

I watched this program shortly after it's original broadcast a few weeks ago.  And I've actually watched it already a few more times.  The PBS affiliate out of DC was running different "American Masters" programs back to back on Thanksgiving Day, and I ended up watching it again before the big dinner.  And then again on Friday.  And now I think I'll finally pick up that "Carol Burnett Sings" CD I keep spying at Virgin.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #298 on: November 29, 2007, 05:02:10 PM »

Jose, yes, please tell her hello for me and that I wish I could be there.

And while you're at it, say hello to Alex Rybeck and Ron Tierno (drummer) for me.

Will do, BK!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #299 on: November 29, 2007, 05:16:38 PM »

While I was out, I grabbed a bite to eat at a new Mexican eatery on Ninth Ave., Lime Jungle.  I think they've been open a few weeks, however, the front of house and back of house still seemed to be scrambling a bit.  And the food was a bit lackluster too.  I always get suspicious when I go to a "real Mexican" eatery, and the tacos come topped with white and orange cheeses.  I was hoping for cotija or queso fresca.  However, the beef short ribs in the Beef Short Ribs taco were quite good, but I wasn't too fond of the very floury-tasting flour tortilla.  And I had to ask one too many times for too many things: a straw, a set-up of silverware, hot sauce, my check.  :-\

I'll have to check out the food blogs before I venture there again.  -On the plus side, it's a nice looking space.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up