Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: SOCKS  (Read 27792 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:SOCKS
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2007, 02:22:16 PM »

Ooh!  Ooh1

Ive suddenly REMEMBERED!

I began watching "The Colossus of Rhodes" last night.

Oof!

Rory Calhoun is too smarmy for words.

And this film is basically a set piece, thus far.  Some 40 minutes into the picture and everything seems to be taking place in a maze of some kind...CHEESY sets, to be sure.

It's all too funky.  The movie had me snoozing off and on until I simply could not sit UP in my chair any longer.

I may return to it....some day.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 02:22:30 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2007, 02:23:53 PM »

[shadow=color,glow width,#characters wide][size=8] Page 7 [/size][/shadow]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2007, 02:38:09 PM »

Got my two other Camp Classics boxes from amazon (had a lovely gift coupon, so that both sets cost me exactly $3.08.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2007, 02:55:10 PM »

Welcome seventeen GUESTS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »

I guess this is what happens when there are get-togethers.  Slow news days.

I unbandaged the three toes.  Two of them don't look so bad, but one had quite a bit of dried blood and it looks like I may have done a little damage to the toenail, although nothing major.  I've bathed the foot, put some Neosporum on the cuts and rebandaged two of the toes - the third, the small toe, seems to be okay.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2007, 02:58:34 PM »

I'm glad to hear your toes seem to be ok, BK.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2007, 03:01:36 PM »

Also glad.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2007, 03:02:35 PM »

Funny, I'd gotten an e-mail from the exec director of NYMF several days ago welcoming the show and me - he was the only one I hadn't written to, so I dropped him a line telling him that I didn't seem to be able to get responses or info - within ten minutes of sending it, I got the call I'd been waiting for - and the news is GREAT - we're in the biggest venue, the Acorn Theater right on Theatre Row.  200 seats, a very big stage, and I couldn't be happier.  We open on Thursday September 20th and our final performance is on September 30th.

Woo Hoo, I have to be here in NYC for my Foundation Center conference Oct. 5 & 6, so will plan to come in early enough to catch that Sept. 30 performance!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2007, 03:03:51 PM »

How exciting for HHW to have opening nights on both ends of the west coast - broken legs to DRs Cason and George!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2007, 03:05:07 PM »

I'm having trouble getting my breasts thawed.

By which I mean chicken breasts, which I'm planning on serving for dinner.

(If we can't have lots of posts, we can at least have provocative ones!   ;D)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2007, 03:06:14 PM »

Nice that the toe situation is better than expected

FJL

« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2007, 03:06:46 PM »

Remember when 190 posts was a good day?

Tomovoz

« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2007, 03:08:22 PM »

DP Colin and I watched "The holiday" last night.  Why did they make it.  Why did we watch it? Why does Ms Diaz get work? Did Ms Winslett need the money?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2007, 03:11:47 PM »

DH Richard and I have had a delightful day here in NYC.  We ventured out about 10:30 to the drugstore for meds for my allergy symptoms, went to box offices to get tickets for Les Miz for tonight and Inherit the Wind for tomorrow afternoon before meeting DR Elmore at Lincoln Center.  He took us to Toyland and helped me do some research on a great aunt and uncle who were in vaudeville, but I don't have enough info to work with (I'll have to get some details - like how to spell their last name - from my sister the genealogist).  

Richard and I took the guided tour of Lincoln Center and then had late lunch/early dinner at Cafe Fiorello.  On our way home, we stopped at The Fantasticks box office and got great seats for Sunday evening.  

Somewhere in there, I spoke on the phone with DR Vixmom, who's planning to come in Sunday afternoon.  Who's around then and what can we do that's not too strenuous?  Any ideas, DR Jose?  DR Elmore?  Are the Upper West Side bakeries open on Sunday afternoon?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2007, 03:15:17 PM »

I'm glad to hear your toes seem to be ok, BK.

Yes, back "On Your Toes", so to speak!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2007, 03:29:37 PM »

DP Colin and I watched "The holiday" last night.  Why did they make it.  Why did we watch it? Why does Ms Diaz get work?

LOL-Keith had the same reaction.  

Jude Law was worth the watch for me.  The moving would have been much better without Ms Diaz.

Jane

« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2007, 03:33:50 PM »

It too a bit longer than usual to drive through town this afternoon.  From the Ashland Daily Tidings:

A bomb threat in Lithia Park forced the cancellation of the Oregon Shakespeare Festival’s afternoon performance of “On The Razzle” today.

Oregon Shakespeare Festival first delayed the play hoping to start by 2:30 p.m, according to Amy Richard, media relations and audience development manager. The ongoing delay led to its eventual cancellation, though as of 3 p.m. Richard said the festival expected its evening performances to start at 8:30 p.m. as scheduled. Richard said all tickets will be refunded from the cancelled play, though theatergoers could opt to swap the tickets for another play or receive a voucher for sometime in the future.

Ashland Police Department evacuated Lithia Park and much of the Plaza during a bomb scare around 1:15 p.m. today. Officers directed traffic away from a suspicious device at the base of the Lincoln Stature.

“We’ve got a bomb threat and until we can determine whether it’s a hoax or not, we are closing down the area,” APD Sgt. Theresa Selby said. By 1:30 p.m., police expanded the area of evacuation from the area immediately surrounding the Lincoln Statue and roped off the entire Plaza.

Some businesses, City of Ashland offices and Oregon Shakespeare offices are also reportedly evacuated as of this time.

“We are not sure at this time if there is a threat, but we are taking every precaution,” an APD press release stated. APD officials said the device had a timer and the words, “This is a hoax,” written on it. As of 2:30 all Plaza businesses were shut down by Ashland Police officers, in a forced evacuation of anyone within 300 feet of the Lincoln statue.

Originally the “hot zone” as police refer to the cordoned off area was set at 200 feet. Police have not yet said why they expanded the hot zone area. The Oregon State Police’s Bomb Squad was called to Ashland, police said, and are expected on the scene at anytime. Advertisement:

Jane

« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2007, 03:59:13 PM »

The device had an apparent timer affixed to it and wires along with the words “This is a hoax” written on it.

I hope it really is a hoax and they find the person or persons who placed it there.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2007, 04:00:07 PM »

:o That's very scary!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #199 on: June 29, 2007, 04:01:14 PM »

How exciting for HHW to have opening nights on both ends of the west coast - broken legs to DRs Cason and George!

Thanks, Jane! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2007, 04:01:25 PM »

My NEW car cd player has the WHITE HOUSE CANTATA: Bedside boom box has Sondheim at the Movies; Last CD watched=RENO 911(avoid it); have prchased Little Night Music, Painted Veil, a couple of boxes of midsummer murders(all of which I'd seen) and tonight I'm watching a rental, DIGGERS, with Paul Rudd, who I think looks like Bruce KImmel

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Anybody who'd eat a product called "Veggie Booty Snack" deserves an unhappy outcome!

Actually, I like Veggie Booty, and its predecessor, Pirate's Booty. It's sort of like eating styrofoam peanuts covered in parmesan cheese, but healthier that your standard cheesey puffs. And pretty tasty, despite its unfortunate name.

I hope nothing bad happens to me today!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2007, 04:20:22 PM »

Thanks, Jane! ;D

LOL George.  You quoted Ginny & thanked me.  I do feel the same way & wish you a good evening.    :D

Jane

« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2007, 04:21:54 PM »

Edi-stay well vibes.  Children in Washington were getting sick-hopefully you ate a different batch of Veggie Booty.

Jane

« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2007, 04:24:15 PM »

People who have recently eaten Veggie Booty and who have experienced any possible symptoms of salmonella infection — including abdominal cramps, fever, and diarrhea (which may be bloody) — should contact a doctor or other health care provider immediately and report the illness to state or local health authorities, notes the FDA.

Salmonella symptoms usually begin within one to four days after exposure to the bacteria. Most people don't develop severe illness, but salmonella can invade the bloodstream and cause life-threatening infections, especially in infants and people with health problems or weak immune systems.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2007, 04:24:20 PM »

We're STILL on page seven?  Jeez, let's get a frenzy or five going, shall we?

Jane

« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2007, 04:24:51 PM »

I was mistaken, children in other states also got sick, where I don't know.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2007, 04:25:14 PM »

That is very scary, Jane. And I remember Lithia Park -- you sent me photos of autumn leaves there a couple of years ago.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2007, 04:26:16 PM »

I started to watch Queen From Outer Space, and fell asleep within fifteen seconds.  I woke up ten minutes later.  The transfer, which I'd read had "muted" colors (as par for the course with Warners) is actually pretty good and, as usual, these Internet "reviewers" simply know nothing about color.  When Warners does do one of their crappy brown transfers, these self-same experts tell us that the colors are great.

Jane

« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2007, 04:26:35 PM »

That's the place.  The potential bomb was left at the entrance to the park, near the stairs leading to the theaters.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up